SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#421987 - 06/05/16 01:09 PM Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately?
Dnj Online   content

do we really need a new RELEASE MODEL Arranger KB to get the juices flowing again? Just sayin'

#421990 - 06/05/16 02:23 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny:

I was just thinking the other day about where does the industry go from here.

I know Gary had preached this for some time, that once you have the equipment you need to make you sound the way you want...why purchase more gear (other than replacement due to technical issues) out of boredom.

I think technology has reached a point where the incremental steps a new board might provide, makes upgrading impractible and difficult to rationalize spending the money. (Unless you're Bill Gates)

I think people have reached a point where the gear they have serves their purpose. Spend the time you have getting to understand and discover all of the hidden options the gear has to offer.

I know I will probably not see a need to replace the 970. Heck...if it were'nt for Don M, I would still be fiddlin' around with USB recorder. There are so many good choices today, and at all price ranges, to give one the ability to accomplish anything they want.

I may be rambling, as tomorrow may bring a whole new dimension to arrangers and synths, but I doubt it.

Jingleman

#421991 - 06/05/16 02:59 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Well, I don’t have anything to say or add to the discourse. Most here know far more than I’ll ever learn about these boards. I identify with Jingleman’s point about the current arrangers meeting everyone’s needs for the most part. My two arrangers certainly offer more than I’ll ever use. So, if/when Yamaha upgrades its models----what do we do---give in to the impulse to sell/trade to have the latest model? I’d still be playing the same tunes with it. So, Yamaha can take its time for my part. I’m content at present. However, the door is always open a little to be swept away with the next new, big thing.

#421993 - 06/05/16 03:31 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys
Yes , you'd have to wonder what they could possibly offer. Improved sounds, improved styles, is that really enough to make one want to upgrade.
I still like the idea of an arranger module, but, obviously not that popular with players in general , or korg and Yamaha would have one. For the convenience, I would certainly replace my Yamaha psrs950 for a module , in an instant.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421994 - 06/05/16 04:11 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
Alan-Russell Offline

Why be so concerned about the NRW GEAR, when one needs to arrange with what they presently have.....motif 8 to Tyros 5...

#421995 - 06/05/16 04:12 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
Alan-Russell Offline

Why be so concerned about the NRW GEAR, when one needs to arrange with what they presently have.......let's create!

#421996 - 06/05/16 04:45 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Alan-Russell]
Dnj Online   content

I agree with alot of what has been said so far....you have to ask yourself "What Can't I Do Already with what is on the market and what I have now"....... improving your playing skills is what the emphasis should be on, technology for today's arrangers is more then good enough to create amazing music if you know how,.. keys

#421997 - 06/05/16 04:56 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
Alan-Russell Offline

I struggled with a Motif 8 in 2005...but I built up my arranging chops for the Tyros 5. Technology will come. Nurture your gift every day you are in your studio. It only gets better imho.

Alan Russell

#421998 - 06/05/16 04:57 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There is more to this forum than new keyboards. I am the first to want the latest model; but there is more to this forum; just sharing our individual talents. Music and performing music has many, many areas that we can share.

1-Subsituting chords
2-The modes and scales that we are using for improvising. .
3-Special technics that we use to get the most out our equipment.
The list is long.

I know we have touched on some of these subject but there is more to share. This is not to take place of the excitement we get form sharing the new products; but it can fill in the slow times.

IMHO, John C.

#421999 - 06/05/16 05:18 PM Re: Where is everybody....seems so quiet here lately? [Re: bruno123]
Alan-Russell Offline

Please include Dr. Barry Harris.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online