SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#421955 - 06/03/16 02:48 PM Re: Thoughts on PsrS750 [Re: Giovanni]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By: Giovanni
Hi Eric , thank you for sharing the style medleys .I liked the way the suggested r1 and r2 are shown , also tempo etc .

You're welcome wink
Glad you enjoyed them.
Eric

#421957 - 06/03/16 03:56 PM Re: Thoughts on PsrS750 [Re: Mockie]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
I don't actually have the s750, I have the s950. Even though I don't I like it as much as my pa3x ( not a fair comparison as one was at least double the price of the other)
I do like the Yamaha styles, and ther's heaps of them around.I would gather most of your g70 styles are covered by the bk7m anyway.
Yamaha would add some great additional styles.

I doubt the quality of the keyboard itself would be as good as the g70, considering the g70 was a top end arranger in it's day ( had a couple of earlier top end Roland's , the g800 and the va7) they were really solid.

If you're looking for something lighter and a variety of styles, it would be worth considering.

I had a psr1500 which must be close to 10 years old. Gave it to the grandkids (5 & 8 year old) a couple of years ago, and it's still working perfectly.
They must be more solid than they appear, because the grandkids are not gentle on things. Haha

On the other hand my pa800 ( which was treated with the utmost care) had it's screen go blank, after only 3 years. Cost an arm and a leg to fix.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422863 - 07/03/16 05:05 AM Re: Thoughts on PsrS750 [Re: rikkisbears]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
[quote
I doubt the quality of the keyboard itself would be as good as the g70, considering the g70 was a top end arranger in it's day ([/quote]

Sorry Rikki for the delay in replying to your post. I now have the Psr S750, I havent got it set up for use yet. I'm reading right thru the manual as I want to get the best out of the 750. Registrations......? are they the Yamaha equivilant of Roland's User programs, I have not got as far as setting them up yet.
I still have the G70....still love it, the quality of the sounds in many cases are superior to the Yamaha. As you mentioned, I have a Bk7 and with aid of a master keyboard I can have G70 sounds and styles minus the bass split, which I use with live situations, I have a plan for LH bass. Last word on G70, it's too heavy to move around, I'm going sell if I can get a decent price, if the price is not right, I will keep it, it's goin to be a "bitch"to get it up to the attic.
Frank

#422911 - 07/03/16 07:21 PM Re: Thoughts on PsrS750 [Re: Mockie]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
Congratulations.
It's close to 15 years since I last had a Roland, I'm only guessing , but I would say yes, about the registrations/ user programs.

When you get yourself sorted and if you want some extra styles, let me know.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422942 - 07/04/16 01:07 PM Re: Thoughts on PsrS750 [Re: rikkisbears]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

When you get yourself sorted and if you want some extra styles, let me know.

Thanks Rikki, there's always the odd styles we need.

Frank

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online