SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#422048 - 06/07/16 08:32 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I own a ctk 7200 and owned a xw p1 and find the keys on both really good. Not noisy at all. It feel better then the korg pa 600 I also owned. Maby this user had a faulty one

#422054 - 06/07/16 11:46 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: DanO1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DanO1
Owners are not complaining about the performance of the key action.

A post from Facebook : I've found the non-weighted Casio keys to be notoriously inconsistent. Sometimes you get one that's quiet...sometimes it's noisy. The culprit is inconsistent application of the grease they use to lubricate the keys. That grease keeps the plastic pieces from clicking when they, inevitably, touch. You see, the entire key mechanism has no springs, and the keys are manufactured in strips (rather than individually). The only thing keeping keys in place are plastic slots they fit into. This is very different from the standard Fatar keyboard that keeps each key individually placed with a spring and, often, felt. Casio's keys are cheap to manufacture and, consequently, are one of the things that keep their costs down....which is entirely appropriate for their consumer-grade keyboards but, as you point out, NOT the greatest decision for their pro gear.

Well, that surfaced some time after my initial remark... And so far is the only complaint... But definately not good...

Keep in mind that Casio's 88 key action is of a very different kind and liked by many many pro players... I hoped this keybed would be of the same quallity.... Only time will tell

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422059 - 06/07/16 01:44 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: AlenK
Maybe this is more like what you folk want to hear from these new Casio models. It's the MZ-X300 being demoed but AFAIK it contains the same styles and same basic PCM sounds as the MZ-X500. (It's missing the Hex Layer synth stuff.)

Rich also did a demo on the MZ-X500 for Kraft Music but THAT one concentrates on the synth and EDM side.

We allready discussed that video, as it was put online,

If it was in this thread I must have missed it; my apologies. If it was in another thread then I say "non-sequitur".

#422060 - 06/07/16 01:55 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

yes it was posted only 8 posts back..

#422072 - 06/08/16 04:56 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Dnj]
AlenK Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I wonder if I'm not seeing every post for some reason. I honestly don't see that one. Can you provide a post number?

#422074 - 06/08/16 05:07 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: AlenK]
Dnj Offline

I wonder if I'm not seeing every post for some reason. I honestly don't see that one. Can you provide a post number?

#421941 - June 02, 2016 09:55 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: AlenK]

#422077 - 06/08/16 06:13 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Dnj]
AlenK Offline

#421941 - June 02, 2016 09:55 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: AlenK]

You guys are funny. But If you're not trying to be funny I hope you see the mistake you made there.

#422079 - 06/08/16 06:56 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
AlenK Offline

To save anyone from further embarrassing themselves the video was actually posted by Bachus in the "The (multi)pads on the Casio Mz-x500" thread here. So it wasn't in this thread at all. It was fair for Bachus to point out that it had been posted before (although he neglected to say that it was HE who posted it and that it was in another thread) but I feel no need to apologize for posting it again here since others may have missed it there as I did.

In any case to get back to discussion it seems clear that Casio is not aiming these arrangers primarily at "typical" arranger players, at least not ones in the US (the rest of the world is a big market). So if you're one of those players and you're not interested they're probably not too upset about it.

#422091 - 06/08/16 01:15 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: AlenK]
Bachus Offline

To save anyone from further embarrassing themselves the video was actually posted by Bachus in the "The (multi)pads on the Casio Mz-x500" thread here. So it wasn't in this thread at all. It was fair for Bachus to point out that it had been posted before (although he neglected to say that it was HE who posted it and that it was in another thread) but I feel no need to apologize for posting it again here since others may have missed it there as I did.

In any case to get back to discussion it seems clear that Casio is not aiming these arrangers primarily at "typical" arranger players, at least not ones in the US (the rest of the world is a big market). So if you're one of those players and you're not interested they're probably not too upset about it.

You really dont need to appologize for double posting.... It happens to all of us.. I just pointed out it was allready posted and discussed on these boards, thats all, it wasnt meant to be criticisme on your post... It was more meant to give some extra information about this video..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online