SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#421928 - 06/02/16 01:00 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Maybe this is more like what you folk want to hear from these new Casio models. It's the MZ-X300 being demoed but AFAIK it contains the same styles and same basic PCM sounds as the MZ-X500. (It's missing the Hex Layer synth stuff.)

Rich also did a demo on the MZ-X500 for Kraft Music but THAT one concentrates on the synth and EDM side.

#421930 - 06/02/16 03:12 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frans,
I don't really have all that many, mainly because they used to take me hours to do.
I didn't like using EMC for the conversion , because sometimes it got the drum mapping wrong, it took tempo increases/decreases out of intro's /endings , so I really only used it if given no other choice. My yammie styles I did from an actual midifile of the style. The older ones were easy enough , except for remapping the drums for the pa800, with the pa3x and the XG drum maps, the job became easier. I
Idid some biab conversions, a couple of ketron's including drum samples for the live drums. Some I did for experimentational purposes, ( over at korg forum we were trying to work out if biab could be used as a source of styles for the pa800, there weren't that many 3rd party styles available at the time) , a few I did as requests. The odd one I did for myself.

Sorry for going off topic, guys.

Happy to give you a copy, but whether or not there would be anything of use to you is another matter. I mainly play ballads , jazz/swing.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421932 - 06/02/16 03:29 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: rikkisbears]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Rikki,

No I don't need a copy I was just curious smile

#421933 - 06/02/16 03:36 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Another video from Ralph Maten

#421936 - 06/02/16 05:28 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here is a guy using his PSR S-770 for EDM

#421941 - 06/02/16 09:55 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: AlenK]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: AlenK
Maybe this is more like what you folk want to hear from these new Casio models. It's the MZ-X300 being demoed but AFAIK it contains the same styles and same basic PCM sounds as the MZ-X500. (It's missing the Hex Layer synth stuff.)

Rich also did a demo on the MZ-X500 for Kraft Music but THAT one concentrates on the synth and EDM side.

We allready discussed that video, as it was put online, it was okay, but does not show greatness.... I think my nefews 10 year old G70 sounds better as an arranger (package of styles and sounds), so do Korg PA600 and Yamaha PSR-S970.. But it does not sound bad at all...

This is probably the reason we havent seen many more demo's of this part of the instrument...

But then i am convinced that this typical arranger type of use is not what will make this instrument a cult item... Its a Workstation with added arranger styles.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422041 - 06/07/16 05:30 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

so what is the final verdict on the Casio MZ x500?

#422042 - 06/07/16 06:06 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Not worth 1000 euro. Bad as an arranger, good as a workstation but again for that money you can also buy a Yamaha moxf, korg Krome or Roland Fa 06 when you are looking for a workstation.

Edited by FransN (06/07/16 06:06 AM)

#422043 - 06/07/16 06:47 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
Not worth 1000 euro. Bad as an arranger, good as a workstation but again for that money you can also buy a Yamaha moxf, korg Krome or Roland Fa 06 when you are looking for a workstation.

Fran thanx for the assessment,...
I figured as much. Good try by Casio maybe next time? But I bet they still sell a ton of these to hobbiests who play at home. Althou an interesting design its Not a pro category at all. frown

#422045 - 06/07/16 07:44 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Owners are not complaining about the performance of the key action.

A post from Facebook : I've found the non-weighted Casio keys to be notoriously inconsistent. Sometimes you get one that's quiet...sometimes it's noisy. The culprit is inconsistent application of the grease they use to lubricate the keys. That grease keeps the plastic pieces from clicking when they, inevitably, touch. You see, the entire key mechanism has no springs, and the keys are manufactured in strips (rather than individually). The only thing keeping keys in place are plastic slots they fit into. This is very different from the standard Fatar keyboard that keeps each key individually placed with a spring and, often, felt. Casio's keys are cheap to manufacture and, consequently, are one of the things that keep their costs down....which is entirely appropriate for their consumer-grade keyboards but, as you point out, NOT the greatest decision for their pro gear.

Edited by DanO1 (06/07/16 07:45 AM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online