SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#421876 - 06/01/16 12:58 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Originally Posted By: FransN
Tweaking takes times no matter which brand keyboard. I personally spent my time playing and practicing not tweaking styles.

It seems Casio's aim may not be the same as yours..

They might be looking for customers interested in tweaking and customizing.. actually being creative.. not just pressing the play button and changing chords. Have you thought about this?

In case you missed the review from Squeak, the MZX has all the typical bread and butter styles you find on Yamaha and Korg... (Ballroom, jazz, bigband, rock, ballads, world, blues etc) the Casio videos just dont demo them.

Why is there so much criticism on the Casio brand and the product they have released? It's a very respectable product.. They are being innovative. so what?

Nick

#421878 - 06/01/16 02:43 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Quote: Its quite obvious many of the old time arranger players dont understand the concept.. but again thats not a bad thing.. BEcause this arranger is not meant for them.."

I doubt very much that Casio concurs with this statement. I am sure they meant it to be as inclusive as possible.

#421880 - 06/01/16 03:24 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Quote: Its quite obvious many of the old time arranger players dont understand the concept.. but again thats not a bad thing.. BEcause this arranger is not meant for them.."

I doubt very much that Casio concurs with this statement. I am sure they meant it to be as inclusive as possible.

Well, they are not marketing it that way... Because despite them having heared our call for an extensive demo of these styles and sounds and prommises to demo them, they have not delivered....

However, you are probably right, their initial intentions might be to aim all and everyone thats only slightly interested in arrangers...

In the next few weeks i will try and get my hands on one so i can judge for myself... But untill now, we have no real idea how well the MZ-X sounds as a traditionall arranger.

I would love to see a comparisson between the mz-x500 and the PSR s770 doing traditionall styles both internall Casio as well as converted Yamaha and compare them to the psr-s770 ... As well as the most used typicall arranger sounds (brass, woods, winds, accordeons, violins etc etc...).

The only thing i know is that i think the interface and options of this instrument are like the fresh wind much needed in the arranger world if we want to attract younger people to this kind of instruments... Its an arranger/synth workstation hybrid.... How good the arranger part currntly is? Only time will tell... Casio definately deserves my attention for trying...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421882 - 06/01/16 05:19 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
My old friend Dikki used to say that the main thing that sells arranger keyboards is styles and sounds. Other features , whilst important are not essential.

So far Casio have focused on features with their marketing .....

I wish them luck with that strategy.

#421883 - 06/01/16 05:36 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
My old friend Dikki used to say that the main thing that sells arranger keyboards is styles and sounds. Other features , whilst important are not essential.

So far Casio have focused on features with their marketing .....

I wish them luck with that strategy.

I think all the typicall keyboard sounds (piano/dp/organ/synths/strings/pads) are top knotch... And thats where Casio has been concentrating its efforts from a stage piano kind of view..

Styles? Well, it plays yamaha styles, so there is a huge colleection to sattisfy everyone.

But indeed they have been concentrating on features... In their marketing... Probably because they think thats what sells arranger/workstations hybrids...

Still early but i do believe in the end this instrument might archieve cult status for its innovative features among people that want to create their own sounds...

#421884 - 06/01/16 05:58 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Nick G]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Creative? All I have seen in these demos is pushing buttons and play some chords that,s all. Compare it to the demo's of Korg or Yamaha now that' s creative.

#421885 - 06/01/16 06:00 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
then you are either blind or suffer from "selective vision"

#421886 - 06/01/16 06:04 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

What is so creative then? Playing 2 chord edm?

Edited by FransN (06/01/16 06:05 AM)

#421887 - 06/01/16 06:45 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Another video of creativity.

#421888 - 06/01/16 07:16 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
What is so creative then? Playing 2 chord edm?

Creativity is creating something of your own... instead of replaying what someone else created... and to create your very unique own performances, the MZ-x500 has quite a lot of tools under its belt...

As Ralph Maten shows in his video's.... the sounds under those buttons he created himself... if he uses styles, they all have his own signature...

Edited by Bachus (06/01/16 07:17 AM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online