SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#421906 - 06/01/16 05:27 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: ]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: rosetree
Of course there is a form of creativity involved here.
But this music is not only my personal taste, but I have a bad feeling about what such music does to the human psyche.
To quote from late Wayne Dyer:
"Become conscious of the music you listeng to. Harsh, pounding, musical vibrations with repetitive, loud sounds lower your energy level and weaken you (...)" - Don't worry, I don't take Wayne Dyer word by word, but still, I have a bad feeling about all this fragmented stuff with bits of samples, actually it's a piece of shit. Sorry to say it that clearly.

+1 I couldn't say it better. Now where are the real demo's.

#421908 - 06/01/16 06:42 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Exhibit A right there of why the world needs to change...

I am 32 years of age. my favorite music genre is Dance music, electro, trance and techno music.

And guess what? I tolerate and respect ALL music... Yet others who are musically educated and talented and are older and "Wiser" cannot? very sad to see...

Nick

#421910 - 06/01/16 08:23 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Nick G]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: Nick G

I am 32 years of age. my favorite music genre is Dance music, electro, trance and techno music.

And guess what? I tolerate and respect ALL music... Yet others who are musically educated and talented and are older and "Wiser" cannot? very sad to see...

Nick

+1 I couldn't say it better.

Edited by rphillipchuk (06/01/16 08:25 PM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#421911 - 06/01/16 09:16 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By: FransN
Maby you will like this Casio Rikki if converting styles is your hobby. It can read Yamaha styles and midifiles if I am correct.

Hi Frans,
Actually had a quick look at the manual. As far as the Yamaha styles go, I think some might require a bit of editing especially with the drums. I can't see XG mapping for drums in the manual , only Gm or unless the Casio converts them to suit.
It can cause some drums to play back incorrectly. Doesn't sound good when you're expecting to hear a brush swish, and you get a handclap instead.

That's the problem I used to encounter when I used to convert my old PSR styles from a midifile across to the pa800. I had to transpose the incorrect drums to suit the korg drum mapping.
I was ever so thankful when korg added the XG mapped drumkits on the pa3x. Made doing the conversions so much quicker.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421912 - 06/01/16 10:00 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Nick G]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Nick

Hi Nick,
Well said. Had no idea you were so young, you seem to have been round forever.

Truth of the matter is, it's not my type of music, because I wouldn't know how to play it. If it's not written in a fake book, I 'm lost.
Got all those great dance style in the korg, but never use them, for the reason above.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#421913 - 06/01/16 11:16 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Nick G]
Bachus Offline

Nick

Every type of music has its moments....

Where EDM shines is the mass psyche of the beat.. In general the base of dance music takes you back to our primitive ancestors ... Its far from my favourite music, however i have been to some parties and the massive beats and some booze can really get you into a kind of trance... Even people like me nearing their 50's...

Music is about emotions and about moments...

And as Ricky says, my little nefews would love this key for sure and toy with it all day... Even tough they also love playing piano and arranger,mthisnwill get them much more involved with music creation...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421915 - 06/01/16 11:39 PM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Bachus]
Nick G Online   content

The funny thing is - Dance music, techno, trance, House and electro music has been around since the early 90s...

Only recently in the past 2-3 years has the new buzz word "EDM" evolved from thin air.

Guess what EDM stands for? "Electronic Dance Music"... WOW I didn't know electronic Dance Music was such a new thing? LOL

Most if not all Arranger keyboards have had a section called "DANCE" since the dawn of time... and in this Dance category there has always lived a style called "techno", or "House" or "Dance" or "Euro Dance" etc and they all had a typical doof doof type kick bass line at around 140bpm with pads, hand claps and drum rolls... they may be quite generic and not as specific but still technically "EDM"...

and the problem with this traditionally is if all you have is 1 or 2 Dance styles your music becomes very repetitive and somewhat lacking of any creativity or imagination.

In order to make comprehensive, creative and unique electronic dance music you need tools such as arpeggiaters, knobs, buttons, switches, assignable pads, hard drum beats, deep bases. All that Casio is doing here is making these tools available. and guess what - they even included all the original bread and butter Arranger stuff... nothing has been left out.

If this is not your thing then its quite easy actually... don't buy the machine !! And Stop criticizing something you haven't even SEEN or HEARD in real life !!

#421919 - 06/02/16 05:02 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: rikkisbears]
Nick G Online   content

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

Nick

Hi Nick,
Well said. Had no idea you were so young, you seem to have been round forever.

Truth of the matter is, it's not my type of music, because I wouldn't know how to play it. If it's not written in a fake book, I 'm lost.
Got all those great dance style in the korg, but never use them, for the reason above.

Hi Rikki!
yess I have been here for a while :-) waving the flag for Sydney haha

#421921 - 06/02/16 06:19 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: Nick G]
FransN Offline

Nick there is dance music and dance music. I also am a great fan of dance music but not the stuff in these demos. I like for example snapp, dj bobo, brothers on the 4 floor etc. yes more the dance music from the 90's. I don,t criticize this Casio actually I really like it I only don,t like the demo's sofar.

Edited by FransN (06/02/16 06:23 AM)

#421923 - 06/02/16 08:06 AM Re: Overload of HQ Casio MZ-x tutorial vids [Re: rikkisbears]
FransN Offline

Yes Rikki you are right that's why I told Bachus it take hours to tweak every style. You need to remap the drums as well to make it compatable with the Yamaha styles especialy the newer ones.

How many Yamaha styles do you have convert for the PA3x?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online