SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#421560 - 05/22/16 11:08 AM Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 [Re: ]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I was not referring to the weight of the Tyros 5-76 but the size of the case. Too much bulk compared to the Korg PA4X. Have noted the several people have returned the 76 note models because they do not fit in the trunk of their cars. Korg trims the body down to fit more readily. That's all Lloyd
Note dims. of each in the Shueys article above.

#421614 - 05/23/16 05:44 PM Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 [Re: J. Larry]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Quote:
Count me in on reducing the bulk of the Tyros 5. That’s the primary reason I don’t gig with it, preferring the S970.

DITTO.

#421620 - 05/24/16 06:51 AM Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 [Re: ]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
It's 2016... Everything is getting smaller, lighter, and faster. I know design and style makes the Tyros stand out. I think the people using this board should have their say for future design. I know they view the Tyros as a "home" keyboard... But it is a killer "live" gigging keyboard. I used a Tyros 2 to play in a pit orchestra for a production of Les Mis. Perfect for that application.

Dimensions are everything! Nord keyboards are slim and easy to move around... Plus their sounds are fantastic. Small footprint... Solid build quality... And the next Tyros should and could be a best seller that appeals to home and gigging musicians!

I bought a 61 key Korg O1/w fd because the pro 76 key would not fit across the backseat of my 1989 Ford Festiva (sub-compact.) the O1/w was very slim but my decision was solely on the length.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online