Posted by: Anonymous

Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 03:28 AM

I hope that Yamaha reduces the bulk from the Tyros on the next model
I have owned a T-5-76 and compared to Korg it is too bulky and cheap
looking. The Korg is nice and trim and has a metal case compared to
Yamahas Plastic one. I own a Ketron SD 7 and that is nice and trim
with a metal case that looks so much better. I hope Yamaha notes these
things and comes up with a nicer body. There have been board players
that have bypassed Yamaha for the above reasons. The next Tyros or whatever they will call it must have a touchscreen or it will be bypassed for other brands. The Yamaha still has superior voices and
styles compared to other brands. Lloyd
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 07:04 AM

The Yamaha still has superior voices and
styles compared to other brands. Lloyd [/quote]

In your opinion

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 08:59 AM

In my opion. Lloyd
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 09:29 AM

Lloyd, keep in mind that there are many high-impact plastics that are equally as strong as steel, but only a fraction of the weight. If that case were made of steel, then it would be bulky, and heavy as well.

Bernie, I tend to agree with Lloyd about the styles and voices, but that's just my opinion as well.

Gary cool
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 12:26 PM

Count me in on reducing the bulk of the Tyros 5. That’s the primary reason I don’t gig with it, preferring the S970.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 12:32 PM

Likely not going to happen...

The recently released Montage is heavier then its predecessor Motif XF..

Tough, we might see a new high end PSR with the same features as the tyros5 at a lighter weight, allowing the Tyros replacment to move more towards workstation, as the montage moving away from worksattion towards performance synth leaves room for that...

There is so many rumors about a tyros 5 being replaced by something with a different name.. For quite some time now..
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 12:41 PM

The weight of the Tyros and PSR never bothered me, but yes, it would be awesome if Yamaha could make a similar arranger keyboard.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/18/16 08:18 PM

I would love for the next offering from Yamaha Arranger Workstations to be a space saver. No built-in speakers should give you a lot of room!!

Here's a comparison...

Yamaha Tyros 5-76 (Tilt Screen)
$5499 MAP Price
53.03" L
17.72" D (Very DEEP!!)
5.59" H
35.27 lbs.

Korg Pa4X 76 Tilt and Touch Screen)
$3999 MAP Price (-$1500)
46.93'' L (-6.1")
14.35'' D (-3.37")
4.94'' H (-0.65")
35.93 lbs (+0.66 lbs)

Metal or Plastic Body... As long as it stands up to the gigs, I'm fine with both. They both sound great! I think Yamaha should include a better sequencer to make up for the lack of one in the Montage. Touch Screen or No Touch Screen... both work but I am a fan of multiple ways to get the same thing done!

For the $1500 Price difference, you could get...
Stand (X or 4 Leg)
Case (Hard or Soft)
Speaker System (Mixer, Cables, Cases)
A nice Microphone
A nice Steak and Seafood dinner!!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/19/16 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: shueymusic

For the $1500 Price difference, you could get...
Stand (X or 4 Leg)
Case (Hard or Soft)
Speaker System (Mixer, Cables, Cases)
A nice Microphone
A nice Steak and Seafood dinner!!

Or maybe a used s950 or for a few bucks more an s970. cool

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/22/16 11:06 AM

I was not referring to the weight of the Tyros 5-76 but the size of the case. Too much bulk compared to the Korg PA4X. Have noted the several people have returned the 76 note models because they do not fit in the trunk of their cars. Korg trims the body down to fit more readily. That's all Lloyd

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/22/16 11:08 AM

I was not referring to the weight of the Tyros 5-76 but the size of the case. Too much bulk compared to the Korg PA4X. Have noted the several people have returned the 76 note models because they do not fit in the trunk of their cars. Korg trims the body down to fit more readily. That's all Lloyd
Note dims. of each in the Shueys article above.
Posted by: Telmo

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/23/16 05:44 PM

Quote:
Count me in on reducing the bulk of the Tyros 5. That’s the primary reason I don’t gig with it, preferring the S970.

DITTO.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Removing the Bulk from Tyros 5 - 05/24/16 06:51 AM

It's 2016... Everything is getting smaller, lighter, and faster. I know design and style makes the Tyros stand out. I think the people using this board should have their say for future design. I know they view the Tyros as a "home" keyboard... But it is a killer "live" gigging keyboard. I used a Tyros 2 to play in a pit orchestra for a production of Les Mis. Perfect for that application.

Dimensions are everything! Nord keyboards are slim and easy to move around... Plus their sounds are fantastic. Small footprint... Solid build quality... And the next Tyros should and could be a best seller that appeals to home and gigging musicians!

I bought a 61 key Korg O1/w fd because the pro 76 key would not fit across the backseat of my 1989 Ford Festiva (sub-compact.) the O1/w was very slim but my decision was solely on the length.