SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420852 - 05/02/16 05:25 PM A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What a nasty day - rained all morning, the sun finally came out this afternoon, but too late to do anything outdoors.

I talked with Don Mason earlier in the day and he gave me some songs that he thought I would enjoy learning. This one, in particular, sounded like a winner for a person retired from music and into sailing. Thought I would share it with you guys, mistakes and all. I heard the song for the first time today, so I anticipated a few mistakes, but I think it came out OK for a first shot.

Island

Any and all constructive criticism is welcomed,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#420855 - 05/02/16 07:51 PM Re: A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good job and nice guitar sound . Thunder and lightning here too tonight. Got a good walk in this AM and then worked on some new things in my studio. Can't get that Roi De Janiero Blie out of my head so I worked out some nice Jazz changes for it. Probably never get to do it live but I like playing it.

Weather will get better so keep playin

#420857 - 05/02/16 09:55 PM Re: A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
musicbyallen Offline

Loc: Kissimmee Florida
Gary,

I really enjoyed that song, though I'm not familiar with it.
It's simplistic nature was very soothing.

What style did you use? It would be useful in many situations.

Allen

#420859 - 05/02/16 10:11 PM Re: A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very nice Gary. I'll make a Cajun out of you yet. Eddie Raven from Lafayette, LA did that song, along with some other great ones!

#420873 - 05/03/16 05:21 AM Re: A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

WTG there sailor...nice job...keep em' coming S950 sounding great!!

headphone

#420918 - 05/03/16 02:48 PM Re: A Rainy Nasty Day in Maryland ... [Re: musicbyallen]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: musicbyallen
Gary,

I really enjoyed that song, though I'm not familiar with it.
It's simplistic nature was very soothing.

What style did you use? It would be useful in many situations.

Allen

Thanks for the compliments guys, and Allen, I used the 70s Country Pop style of the PSR-S950, A and D varations.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online