SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42072 - 03/28/02 02:47 PM Making a C D
Pete Dale Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
I think we have covered this topic before but can’t seem to recall the article on the forum Was it Alec who gave the answers
regards recording your songs directly from the KN6000 to the PC into the sound recorder then on to the CD-Writer?

My Pentium 11 266 MHz Laptop (USB) Win 98 I feel would be better suited hopefully its powerful enough and obviously have the windows sound recorder (but only 60 sec Record) has anyone created a CD using this method and was it a success? I did not like the recordings I made directly from the KN to my Tape Recorder to much Wow and Flutter on some of the tracks even when levels had been adjusted.

Pete

#42073 - 03/28/02 03:02 PM Re: Making a C D
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Pete, my knowledge is limited, but if you wish to, and can use, the Windows recorder there is a way to extend its length. What I can tell you is that wow and flutter on your tape deck is either mechanical or electro-mechanical, and not influenced by recording settings. cheers. Walter.

#42074 - 03/28/02 03:47 PM Re: Making a C D
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Maybe this topic/link will be for some help?
GJ
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000452.html
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#42075 - 03/29/02 01:31 AM Re: Making a C D
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Pete,
yes, I've answered this one many times.

You can use windows sound recorder, it need not be limited to 60 seconds. Under properties adjust to cd quality 44kHz 16 bit stereo.

Make sure you have plenty of hard disk space available, an absolute minimum of 12 MB for each minute of recording. Preferably record to a clean partition or at least defragment your hard disk before every recording.

Your 266 II should be ok for recording. The speed and bus quality of your hard disk might be more of a limitation. Also plenty of pc ram is needed to prevent the hard disk from accessing virtual memory while recording is underway. These are the things that will limit the final result.

Even with all these precautions the problem with windows sound recorder is that it is just not very good, and you may still have the occasional pop and click. Use it to see if you can record without major problems for free, and then consider a good budget program like cakewalk or goldwave.

#42076 - 03/29/02 11:48 AM Re: Making a C D
Pete Dale Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Many thanks Walter, Gunnar & Technicsplayer for all the info my Laptop PC is a few years old now and only has a 3Gig HDD and 64MB ram so I would be struggling saving a lot of data I am sure the keyboard manufactures are working to incorporate CD-Writers and/or aux sockets to enable external connections Writers and blank Cd’s are now inexpensive (internal) and as common as the floppy drive so I guess its just a matter of time.

Pete

#42077 - 03/29/02 02:00 PM Re: Making a C D
technicsplayer Offline

the KN7000 will be able to output wave files from the usb from which you can directly make audio cds on your laptop or pc.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online