#420765 - 05/01/16 05:03 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: rosetree
Newest one on Youtube.
Direct link is https://youtu.be/m_-oT8B1rV8

Makes the bk9 shine indeed

I would love to hear that with the hall of a cathedrall...

You will laugh, I already got 3 thumbs down for it, there are enough trolls on Youtube, I tell you rating on Youtube are so ridiculous I've long set it to invisible. Hate of classical music, stubborn rejection of certain brands, mutual thumbs up by the hundreds of home players sometimes even for poor renditions. Meanwhile I would be embarrassed to get too many thumbs up.
The reverb: it is already set to long reverb and high level. Even more would make it extremely wet.

Normally i never thumb...

But i went back to give you thumbs up, i hope more people will do so.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#420766 - 05/01/16 05:10 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Dnj Offline

the dual display was a killer for the BK9 turned alot of people off..although it does have some very nice features.

#420767 - 05/01/16 05:28 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
the dual display was a killer for the BK9 turned alot of people off..although it does have some very nice features.

Personally i like the idea of 2 screens, but these where to small and to low quallity...

I would love to see a high end arranger with 2 times a 7" touchscreen and 9 sliders and 8 knobs in between... ( and then 16 pads to the left )

Sometimes i dream at night from a Roland arranger workstation that has all their technollogy onboard....(acb, Vsynth, integra sounds, jupiter80 live sets, pha50 keybed, bk9 styles, fa arp and samples, ea7 sampler and much much more).

Sadly we all know this is never going to happen... However, Casio Mz-x series has showed us that a combination of arranger and synth workstation will work for many non typical arranger genres.

#420768 - 05/01/16 05:34 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Dnj Offline

Or just have no display and include a 10in attachable tablet with every unit lol

#420769 - 05/01/16 06:06 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Or just have no display and include a 10in attachable tablet with every unit lol

Donny
I think you hit on what the Roland engineers were thinking. IPAD use is so prevelant with musicians they kept the cost down and gave you the opprotunity to use you IPAD with the BK9. I've been putting it off but I am going to msske sn effort to link Unreslbook to my Performances.
The two screens give two different sets of info and if they were combined it would be harder to quickly read what you need. The quality is low. The screen on my BK7M was so much better and I don't know why they didn't use that same technology on the BK9.
I've said its a players keyboard but with some of the Classically oriented pieces Rosetree is producing its great for the studio too.

#420770 - 05/01/16 06:08 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Or even allow people to attach any touchscreen, ipad(pro), android tablet, windows tablet... Saves money, gives people freedom to attach whatever they want...

And while they are at it... If they allow for controlling VST's and audio over USB.. You would make 2 steps forward...

Tough i think many people would not be happy if their key required a sepperate screen...

#420771 - 05/01/16 06:12 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Or even allow people to attach any touchscreen, ipad(pro), android tablet, windows tablet... Saves money, gives people freedom to attach whatever they want...

And while they are at it... If they allow for controlling VST's and audio over USB.. You would make 2 steps forward...

Tough i think many people would not be happy if their key required a sepperate screen...

exactly!!! there should be a "GROOVE CUTOUT" mount for Tablets to slide into on top of the unit so you can just keep it right in front of you when playing...when will they realize design and navigation these days is imperative to a players performance?

Edited by Dnj (05/01/16 06:13 AM)

#420772 - 05/01/16 06:15 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

Donny
I think you hit on what the Roland engineers were thinking. IPAD use is so prevelant with musicians they kept the cost down and gave you the opprotunity to use you IPAD with the BK9. I've been putting it off but I am going to msske sn effort to link Unreslbook to my Performances.
The two screens give two different sets of info and if they were combined it would be harder to quickly read what you need. The quality is low. The screen on my BK7M was so much better and I don't know why they didn't use that same technology on the BK9.
I've said its a players keyboard but with some of the Classically oriented pieces Rosetree is producing its great for the studio too.

This one, there is also a great edditing app...

So sad Rolamd is misunderstood by so many... Roland has some awesome ipad apps for all their instruments..

#420773 - 05/01/16 06:18 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Dnj Offline

let's hope these tablets are implemented in future Kb designs things have to change hopefully sooner then later..

#420774 - 05/01/16 06:53 AM Re: Just Purchased a Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I always liked it a lot except for navigation.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online