SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#420566 - 04/27/16 10:59 AM Thank you Don Mason...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me, lots of horrendous back pain, almost to the point where I couldn't walk. Pills and booze didn't help much and the day was very depressing. I emailed Don for a challenge, something to take mind to another, quieter, less painful place. He did just that by providing me with the challenge to learn a song I had never heard before. Here's my rendition of Waylon Jennings version of Till I Can Gain Control Again .

Thanks Don for all you have done for me over these many years,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#420570 - 04/27/16 11:24 AM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, it sounds good! I think my favorite version is by Emmylou Harris, but that's because she is way prettier than you are.
Willie once said that there are two kinds of guys, one kind is in love with Emmylou; the other kind hasn't met her yet!

#420571 - 04/27/16 11:30 AM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]

I gotta agree with that, Don.

Thanks again, old friend,

Gary cool

#420582 - 04/27/16 01:02 PM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

keep em' coming Gary and get well soon buddy!!!

#420583 - 04/27/16 01:06 PM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]

Donny, I was thinking about driving up to see you this week, but a 2-1/2 hour drive is out of the question for me right now. Guess you'll have to make a trip down here and you and Nancy can go sailing with Carol and I. The boat's in the water and I already did the shakedown cruise this past weekend - everything other than the radar works great.

Gary cool

#420585 - 04/27/16 01:30 PM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary we always have fun at your place I'll see what I can do..Thanx

#420593 - 04/27/16 03:43 PM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Gary:

I agree with you... Don Mason comes very close to being a "National Treasure" as far as I'm concerned. Hmmm... I also have to agree with Willie Nelson regarding Emmylou Harris.

So sad to hear of your back pain. Sciatic Nerve Pain is not easy to live with or cure. I had to give up golf because of it. It would bring me to my knees when I swung.

Take care, my friend and if you find a cure besides surgery, please let me know about it.

Regards,

Dave rice

#420598 - 04/27/16 05:40 PM Re: Thank you Don Mason... [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Dave. I've tried numerous remedies, none of which have worked. I've had surgery twice, both of which were successful but now, 30 years after the second surgery, the scar tissue has taken over and made additional surgery out of the question.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online