SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#416139 - 02/06/16 06:42 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: mirza]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mirza
Today +13 in Ontario. Dogs don't even want to come inside the house.

I checked it, yes, one day of 13C in Toronto, quite a lot for your winter conditions, I guess. Next Saturday you are going to be back to terrible freezing temps acc.to what I saw.

Here, skiing businesses are having a totally frustrating winter again.
At the longest skiing slope in my state it looks like this today, and they are even keeping one skiing conveyer belt open under these conditions in their despair:

Attachments
16a-Hunau.jpg

#417101 - 02/21/16 05:24 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

These blossoms of a tree in our neighbor's garden came out on February 13 this year! Normally they would come out end of March, beginning of April...

Attachments
DSC00632.JPG

#417534 - 02/28/16 01:08 PM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

A little OT in this thread: The great hotel buyout in the Sauerland mountains continues...

This is what we found after a winter hike in the mountains 50 miles south of my city today:

All the parking lot of a restaurant we had visited before was full of Dutch cars now. And this wasn't in the main tourist resort of the region. The interior had changed, and there were about 100 Dutch guests sitting inside. My friend and I were the only Germans. As the waitress explained, the new hotel owners are Dutch.

This is what has happened to lots and lots of hotels in this medium-range mountain region of Wesphalia. A logical consequence, as there are just far too little German tourists, whereas the Dutch seem to be thrilled with the hilly scenery.
I like the Dutch, it's just a bit sad that there's hardly a restaurant left in such rural towns in this region where you can have traditional local cakes and food, while you can enjoy Dutch recipes everywhere in the Sauerland mountains confused But it's the market... If the demand is 95% Dutch, supply adapts to it.

Germans are spoilt by cheep flights and last minute vacation, what once used to be an attractive region for short trips and holidays in the 1950s to 1970s just bores them nowadays. For the Dutch it still seems to be very attractive, as it is another country, a 2 to 4 hour drive and a somewhat unusual scenery for them.

Attachments
IMG_1561.JPG

Edited by rosetree (02/28/16 01:10 PM)

#418109 - 03/10/16 07:32 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
38C But felt like 44C today. Tomorrow'll be a bit cooler (34C) but the temperature will go up to 38C once again on Saturday and Sunday. Luckily the humidity is still low (65%) but it's going up and up and up. It was rather pleasant today but from next month on it'll be like being trapped in a sauna for the rest of the year. But, hey, I'm not complaining. I love sunshine.

#418121 - 03/10/16 12:50 PM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: Taike]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Taike
38C But felt like 44C today. Tomorrow'll be a bit cooler (34C) but the temperature will go up to 38C once again on Saturday and Sunday. Luckily the humidity is still low (65%) but it's going up and up and up. It was rather pleasant today but from next month on it'll be like being trapped in a sauna for the rest of the year. But, hey, I'm not complaining. I love sunshine.

Thanks for the info. Keep cool...
Today's maximum, without kind permission of www.wetteronline.de:

Attachments
00temp-16c10-Tmax-SouthEastAsia.jpg

#420485 - 04/26/16 07:10 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Coldest end of April in decades in Germany.

Mid-range mountains from 700m (2300 feet) upwards are covered in snow again!

http://sauerland.camera/webcam/altastenberg/

Attachments
16d26-Altastenberg.jpg

#420492 - 04/26/16 09:03 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
It was 40C here today which felt like 48C. This has been like this for over a month now. Actually the humidity will keep increasing which is the reason why it feels so much hotter than it is. Not that much different from Taiwan, though. Hey, what can I say, I take sunshine over rain any day!

#420590 - 04/27/16 02:18 PM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Can't say any more about this weather on April 27 than: "The only way is up"...

Picture from Westphalia's highest elevation (approx. 800m / 2650 feet), today at noon:

Attachments
16d27-sahnehang13.jpg

#423904 - 07/27/16 04:47 AM Re: Remarkable weather events [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Last week the temperatures in Westphalia rose to 35.1 C (95 F), again a temperature not reached in an average year. However, all in all the summer has been very shaky with only few really warm ans sunny days. The so-called "7 sleeper's" rule hit...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online