SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#419935 - 04/16/16 12:12 PM Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00
Dnj Offline

For Sale $100.00 Baldwin........saw this at a yard sale today......
so this is where they all end up?... wink

Attachments
16 - 1.jpg

#419938 - 04/16/16 12:18 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Thats old big and ugly....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#419941 - 04/16/16 01:08 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
A few years ago we were house shopping, the realtor said the console organ is included in the price.......we passed smile

#419946 - 04/16/16 02:08 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Stephenm52]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Yup
I've read that gettin old ain't for wimps
Think this organ said it

#419954 - 04/16/16 04:46 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Whe I worked with a Hammond Tech in NJ we would get calls about organs like this. People spent some serious $$ back in the day on them and all we could say was we could help them take it to the curb. Not to be mean but we then explained its like an old computer or TV, basically worthless and not worth or maybe not possible to fix.
Its the fact its a big piece of furniture that I think holds them to the idea it has value. Same with old pianos. " But it was Mom's" Yea, and now its a 50 year old spinit thats good for an anchor.
Even Tonewheel Hammonds ar losing value with all the new clones out there. Times change.

#419956 - 04/16/16 05:43 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Bill Lewis]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Bill, an old customer of mine was headed for assisted living. She had her dad's old "M"...not "M-1"; just M...from 1949, I believe.

She wanted it to have a good home. Out of pity, I gave her $200.00, knowing it was worthless. My son and I couldn't get it on the truck, so I paid $250 to move it to the office. She said it had a little problem and had stopped working. That problem was a $495 motor.

I now have $895.00 in a "Booker T" organ worth....you guessed it, a big fat ZERO!

OH Well...I knew what I was getting into..
(sounds kinda neat with a 147 attached).

R.

Edited by captain Russ (04/16/16 05:47 PM)

#419962 - 04/16/16 11:14 PM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: captain Russ]
Bachus Offline

Roland recently stopped building Organs.. I got to play an occasion last week, once they where €30k now juts over €12k..

But playing it was magnificent, very very very high quallity... Sadly they look like ancient colossus...

I think this lower one is by far the best looking attelier they ever made... Same sound as the colossus, just a litle less options and less flashy screen... Its one of the best looking keys around.

I hope Roland will make another Combo organ some day... They are really high class..

Edited by Bachus (04/16/16 11:17 PM)

#419964 - 04/17/16 01:24 AM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Actually the modern look does not go down too well with a lot of organ players, as they prefer that they look like an old sideboard. (This is one of the reasons Lowrey’s sell so well)

Your correct about prices of old organs, (Although there are a few exceptions) in that they are usually worthless, (Particularly if they use old analogue technology) and expensive to repair. (A lot of people still love fixing things as a hobby though)

If you want to know more about the organ world in general, try this site here

Enjoy whatever you play.

Bill

#419969 - 04/17/16 03:06 AM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Actually the modern look does not go down too well with a lot of organ players, as they prefer that they look like an old sideboard. (This is one of the reasons Lowrey’s sell so well)

Your correct about prices of old organs, (Although there are a few exceptions) in that they are usually worthless, (Particularly if they use old analogue technology) and expensive to repair. (A lot of people still love fixing things as a hobby though)

If you want to know more about the organ world in general, try this site here

Enjoy whatever you play.

Bill

I think this is the look most gigging organ players prefer... mean and lean.. with wooden sides..

Its not just the Nord C2D, but also this Crumar Mojo and some other manufactorers like the UHL and the KeyB

The Hammond B3 clone market is ever growing.... and probably has outgrown the home organ market by now....

Also the new Hammons XK-5 prommises lots of things for the future...

And then my personal Favorite, by GSI, the same company that creates the Crumar Mojo... it has the same organs as the Mojo.. but so much more, (sounds are all virtually moddeled) and is a fullfledged masterkeyboard

#419976 - 04/17/16 08:17 AM Re: Arranger keyboard for sale ...$100.00 [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
If that Hammond were an M3 it would still be worth a few hundred bucks. With a 147 tied to it a lot more. Add a foldback kit and you have a baby B3.
Having spent most of my life around Hammond Consoles if I had a reason to buy another dual manuel I would go for one of the newer clones. They sound great. When I got the XK3 I rarely touched my B3 anymore.
Can't wait to hear the new Hammond line coming out.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online