SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41957 - 11/08/03 01:46 PM music background on KESO
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best forummers,
mostly I used as a musicbackground at the startpage on KESO Midi-songs, which were converted from the KN7000. The results mostly did not justice to the quality of the original song (and the player) and most of the time the songs had to be moderated more or less.
I just changed the site to experiment with ASF-files which should sounds much better. All I hope they work..cross fingers .
If anyone visited the KESO site, please react in this post if all worked well, please.
Thanks in advance,
Cees
The adres http://www.keso.nl

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-08-2003).]

#41958 - 11/08/03 03:21 PM Re: music background on KESO
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Worked well and sounding good
Congrats.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41959 - 11/08/03 03:32 PM Re: music background on KESO
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Sounds great, however I did have to turn the volume up on the speakers some.

Anthony

#41960 - 11/08/03 11:56 PM Re: music background on KESO
cees Offline

Hi Gunnar and Anthony,
thanks for your quick feedback. I am glad it works, it was a nice learning traject for me to discover to possibilities of ASF files.
Recently I converted many songs to midi for adding on my site. It seems that the quality was too bad, to do justice to the player and/or his song. Of course there is the possibility of finetuning in softwareprograms, but that stays laborious. If some midi-conversions sounds rather good, it looked as I succeeded by accident. Especially more complexed rhythms and synthssounds sounds really bad in midi. It also depents on the midisetting (and quality) in the visitors computer.
The asf-format seems to have no problem with that.
About the volume I must further examen to adjust that.
Thanks,
Cees

#41961 - 11/09/03 03:42 PM Re: music background on KESO
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Cees, Works OK for me but as others have said, volume is low even with PC control full.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41962 - 11/09/03 07:53 PM Re: music background on KESO
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Sounded fine ...I'm more interested in ASF- Files. What are they, and is there a web site for research?

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#41963 - 11/10/03 05:03 AM Re: music background on KESO
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry,
If you do a search on Google, using "asf file" (including the inverted commas) there are over 7000 hits
Have Fun...........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41964 - 11/10/03 06:22 AM Re: music background on KESO
cees Offline

Hi Larry,
correct what Bill says, type behind asf files f.i. tutorial and you find info enought.
To be short: MP3-songs have become wellknown formats. For using it as e.g. background in a website it is still to large. ASF-files can be seen as a compressed MP3 file (max. of 400/500 kb) which is usable over the internet. It is streaming format, which means that one must be 'on line' to hear the song playing.
For making WAV files to MP3 and MP3 to WMA/ASF is encoder software free available on internet.
Greetings,
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Sounded fine ...I'm more interested in ASF- Files. What are they, and is there a web site for research?

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online