SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41922 - 12/19/05 04:57 AM Heeeelp! Recording/sustain problems
Rachel C Offline

Loc: U.K
Hi, if anyone can help solve this problem, I would be forever grateful!

I am simply trying to record midi info from my Technics KN1400 into Reason 3. The problem is that keys are sustaining when they shouldn't be and basically the keys aren't functioning properly at all - sometimes you hit a note and it doesn't work etc.. I had the same/similar problem when recording from the keyboard into Apple's GarageBand but the problem was solved by putting the Technics keyboard on General Midi mode and turning things on in the right order?!

I have looked at the Technics manual, returned the keyboard to factory settings, tried various things but still no joy.

Has anyone else out there had these problems??! Maybe I need to change something within Reason itself?!

Can anyone enlighten me?! Thank you very much!

Rachel.

#41923 - 12/19/05 10:35 AM Re: Heeeelp! Recording/sustain problems
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Rachel,

I'm not familiar with Reason 3, but I have encountered similar problems with other sequencers caused by having MIDI through enabled within the sequencer program. Check your settings and if MIDI through is enabled, try disabling it.

Cheers
Len C.

#41924 - 12/20/05 12:57 AM Re: Heeeelp! Recording/sustain problems
Rachel C Offline

Loc: U.K
Hi Len,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, I'm totally new to reason too so I'm sure I will spend the next week trying to see if it has a midi through and where it is .

Thanks again for your reply and suggestion,

Best Regards,

Rachel

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online