SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#419412 - 04/08/16 01:02 AM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: abacus]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Your welcome!!....
Dear friend Bachus.....

Missing compared to thew Audya:
1) Key Tune Function (not important for me),
2) 197 notes Polyphony in Audya and SD9Pro 128,
3) Too many buttons less than Audya,
4) Sliders less than Audya,
5) 368 Preset Voices (single voices) SD9PRO and 430 Preset Voice in Audya ...
6) SSD Card 16Giga SD9PRO but expandable in 500giga HD, or SSD up to 240giga, and Audya 80 Giga HD....
7) 300 Preset Styles in SD9PRO and 570 Preset Style in Audya, however we can to convert directly which style we want from Audya to SD9PRO... Its full compatibility with Audya....
In the first time, the Audya had 370 Preset styles, however with Upgrades get to 570 Preset Styles....

Thanks...

So it’s not an Audya replacement, but a model to bridge the gap between the SD7 & Audya.

If it is an Audya replacement, then the reduction of voices, styles, polyphony and real time controls is unforgivable, and not worth changing the Audya for.

Bill

Yes... I agree...
However now it's cannot coexist Sd9 and Audya in market, because the SD9 is too more fresh, and also have too more possibilities than Audya....
The pros of SD9PRO is too more:
1) User Audio Drums (single audio files) like Audya, and new Folder User Audio Drums like Factory Audio Drums of Audya...
2) 700mb Ram... In Audya we had 64mb up to 256mb with expansion memory....
3)New Import (user) midi file sequences in Modeling Styles... Very good!!!
3) 128 recording bars in Style....
4) 6 Sounds for each Program Sound and 600 Program Sounds... In Audya we had up to 4 Sound for each Program and 320 Programs....
5) 600 internal Audio Drums and 450 Percussion Stereo Groove... In Audya we had 370 Audio Drums and 62 Grooves..
6) A huge Library with more than 100 new Audio Live Guitars... In Audya we had 159.... If we have the old and the new 100 Audio Guitars, now we have 259 Audio Guitars...
7) Possibility to create new Drums Kit with Custom Stereo Wav Files...
8) Surround 5.1 Wav Karaoke file (with stems group) like SD7
9) LAUNCHPAD....
10) Optional internal hard drive can be installed
(Type SATA 2/3_ 2.5”) 500giga or SSD up to 240giga... Good!!!!
11) DSP Effects.. Up to 10 programmable insert chains....
12) USB: 3 host + 1 device
13) Double player. Files recognized: Wav, Midi , Mp3, Mp4, Avi, Mov, Flv, Cdg, Jpg, Txt, Pdf...

And too more..... smile smile

Therefore.... Until to present from Ketron a new flagship, the Audya its impossible to remain the flagship of Ketron...
This is not strange if the SD9PRO it's not the new flagship???...
Must first present the flagship, and second the low model for the market and competition...

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (04/08/16 01:19 AM)

#419416 - 04/08/16 02:04 AM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Your welcome!!....
Dear friend Bachus.....

5) 368 Preset Voices (single voices) SD9PRO and 430 Preset Voice in Audya ...
6) SSD Card 16Giga SD9PRO but expandable in 500giga HD, or SSD up to 240giga, and Audya 80 Giga HD....
7) 300 Preset Styles in SD9PRO and 570 Preset Style in Audya, however we can to convert directly which style we want from Audya to SD9PRO... Its full compatibility with Audya....
In the first time, the Audya had 370 Preset styles, however with Upgrades get to 570 Preset Styles....

Thanks...

So it’s not an Audya replacement, but a model to bridge the gap between the SD7 & Audya.

If it is an Audya replacement, then the reduction of voices, styles, polyphony and real time controls is unforgivable, and not worth changing the Audya for.

Bill

Yes... I agree...
However now it's cannot coexist Sd9 and Audya in market, because the SD9 is too more fresh, and also have too more possibilities than Audya....
The pros of SD9PRO is too more:
1) User Audio Drums (single audio files) like Audya, and new Folder User Audio Drums like Factory Audio Drums of Audya...
2) 700mb Ram... In Audya we had 64mb up to 256mb with expansion memory....
3)New Import (user) midi file sequences in Modeling Styles... Very good!!!
3) 128 recording bars in Style....
4) 6 Sounds for each Program Sound and 600 Program Sounds... In Audya we had up to 4 Sound for each Program and 320 Programs....
5) 600 internal Audio Drums and 450 Percussion Stereo Groove... In Audya we had 370 Audio Drums and 62 Grooves..
6) A huge Library with more than 100 new Audio Live Guitars... In Audya we had 159.... If we have the old and the new 100 Audio Guitars, now we have 259 Audio Guitars...
7) Possibility to create new Drums Kit with Custom Stereo Wav Files...
8) Surround 5.1 Wav Karaoke file (with stems group) like SD7
9) LAUNCHPAD....
10) Optional internal hard drive can be installed
(Type SATA 2/3_ 2.5”) 500giga or SSD up to 240giga... Good!!!!
11) DSP Effects.. Up to 10 programmable insert chains....
12) USB: 3 host + 1 device
13) Double player. Files recognized: Wav, Midi , Mp3, Mp4, Avi, Mov, Flv, Cdg, Jpg, Txt, Pdf...

And too more..... smile smile

Therefore.... Until to present from Ketron a new flagship, the Audya its impossible to remain the flagship of Ketron...
This is not strange if the SD9PRO it's not the new flagship???...
Must first present the flagship, and second the low model for the market and competition...

I think i would prefer the sd9pro over the audya any day based on the specs...

The only thing worrying me is 128 polyphony, with 48 parts multitimbral... But maybe its stereo polyphony, and i guess with the many audio parts, polyphony is much less an item then on other keyboards... From my view, in general its piano voices and anything else you play with damper pedals that soack up polyphony..

I think that just like the mz-x this new key shines when it comes to being a toolbox for creativity... An SD90pro module would be perfect for adding to a Kronos or Montage...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#419417 - 04/08/16 02:09 AM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Bachus Offline

This all makes me wonder, taht when it comes to specs and sound, i keep falling for Ketron.. And want to get my hands dirty with it...

Still a little worried about right and lefthand sounds, and realtime controll, but that might be because i dont fully understand the userinterface...

#419453 - 04/08/16 02:30 PM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
rosetree
Unregistered

While I cannot find any SD9 demo videos yet, someone on the German forum just told me he was at Musikmesse today and saw two SD9 on display there.

#419479 - 04/08/16 10:50 PM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

A note about polyphony...
My experience with Audya since 2009, taught to me that Audya series not need too much polyphony... Why??...
Because a very important channel (as is the Drums), it's a simple audio file and not Time slices that need midi key mapping to play, but its a simple wav file (as is a simple Song Wav File) and play with Time Stretch method directly from hard disk...
Therefore a very important channel as is the Drums, which requires more polyphonic, here not need polyphony to play...
The Audio Guitars, and Grooves play with Time Slice method (one or 2 bars)....
And dont forget that the Pa4x, and also Tyros 5 that its 2 tipycal Midi Arrangers, have 128 notes polyphony... In addition dont forget that Pa4x, can to use up to 128 Voices and up 128 Oscilators... However the Pa4x, play very good (in styles and play parallel) without any problem with polyphony.... I have here a Pa4x and I know that...
Dont forget also that, Ketron use per in voice up to 4 velocity layers and not all voices is with multilayers, (maybe in SD9PRO will have up to 6 velocity layers -- I mean GM voices and not Sounds/Programms that its Combinations of voices, and it not play in styles)....
Therefore the GM voices of Ketron is very simple and very (FRIENDLY) in polyphony because too many voices is 2 or 3 velocity layers and Drums is a simple wav file without polyphony...
How many time we use 48 parts??.. Mayde in a midi file??..
For me if I have a Midi part with 48 parts in a midi file, I will convert to MP3 and I play from there, or 5.1 Suround file (stems group) to have different control volume that its a very very good posibillity in SD7, and SD9PRO also....
Each style need as we know (Drums (Audio Drums here that not need polyphony),Percussions, Bass, and 5 Channels Chords... Its very simple in styles here....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (04/08/16 11:02 PM)

#419480 - 04/08/16 11:03 PM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Bachus Offline

A note about polyphony...
My experience with Audya since 2009, taught to me that Audya series not need too much polyphony... Why??...
Because a very important channel (as is the Drums), it's a simple audio file and not Time slices that need midi key mapping to play, but its a simple wav file (as is a simple Song Wav File) and play with Time Stretch method directly from hard disk...
Therefore a very important channel as is the Drums, which requires more polyphonic, here not need polyphony to play...
The Audio Guitars, and Grooves play with Time Slice method (one or 2 bars)....
And dont forget that the Pa4x, and also Tyros 5 that its 2 tipycal Midi Arrangers, have 128 notes polyphony... In addition dont forget that Pa4x, can to use up to 128 Voices and up 128 Oscilators... However the Pa4x, play very good (in styles and play parallel) without any problem with polyphony.... I have here a Pa4x and I know that...
Dont forget also that, Ketron use per in voice up to 4 velocity layers and not all voices is with multilayers, (maybe in SD9PRO will have up to 6 velocity layers -- I mean GM voices and not Sounds/Programms that its Combinations of voices, and it not play in styles)....
Therefore the GM voices of Ketron is very simple and very (FRIENDLY) in polyphony because too many voices is 2 or 3 velocity layers and Drums is a simple wav file without polyphony...
How many time we use 48 parts??.. Mayde in a midi file??.. If I have a part with 48 parts in a midi file, I convert to MP3 and I play from there or 5.1 Suround file (stems group) to have different control volume....
Each style need as we know (Drums (Audio Drums here that not need polyphony),Percussions, Bass, and 5 Channels Chords... Its very simple in styles here....

The number of vellocity layers has no influence on polyphony... Because in general they dont overlap... Meaning, that depending on how hard you strike the key a different sample is played, yet in general only one sample is played, unless like with yamaha one of the layers contains articulations which indeed meeans an extra sample could be played... But when you talk about vellocity layers in general there is no overlapping.

#419481 - 04/08/16 11:04 PM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
While I cannot find any SD9 demo videos yet, someone on the German forum just told me he was at Musikmesse today and saw two SD9 on display there.

Of it was only on display and not demoed, that explains why there are no video's yet...

Which also could mean it will take some time before the sd9pro goes on sale..

#419482 - 04/08/16 11:07 PM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Yes you are right... But simply things complicated when we have many sound with more fx (like RX files in korg in many channels and more) and parallel we have live play with 3 or 4 sounds that its Combi/Performance..
Here is very Simple all...

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (04/08/16 11:10 PM)

#419501 - 04/09/16 08:40 AM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: rosetree

Of it was only on display and not demoed, that explains why there are no video's yet...

Which also could mean it will take some time before the sd9pro goes on sale..

Sorry if "on display" was unclear: the user actually touched an SD9 and tested its keybed, but I think he wasn't able to test any sounds. I've written a PM to him, hope to find out more.

Edited by rosetree (04/09/16 08:55 AM)

#419505 - 04/09/16 09:58 AM Re: KETRON GETS VERY SERIOUS - AT FRANKFURT 2016!! [Re: Sokratis 1974]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Your welcome!!....
Dear friend Bachus.....

5) 368 Preset Voices (single voices) SD9PRO and 430 Preset Voice in Audya...

Thanks...

Audya has 6 outputs SD9 only two

SD9 work with external power adaptor

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online