Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#418915 - 03/30/16 01:38 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have a close friend with a Tyros 5 and have played it a lot. After seeing and hearing my Korg, and realizing all the amazing real-time controls it has, my friend sold his T5 and bought a PA4X.
Don't get me wrong, the Tyros line sounds great and has a plethora of styles.
It doesn't matter to me what model anyone else uses, I'm just relaying my own impressions.

Although I don't own or have even played a Pa4x, I own a PA3x and a T5-76, ( a great combination!!) we've been away from home the last few months I only had room in the van to transport the Pa3x, but have to say I have not missed the T5-76 one bit. ( can't believe I just wrote that)..... surprised At least I'm thinking there could be a Pa4x in my future and then again maybe not, I'll check which way the wind is blowing tomorrow

There is so much redundancy in these arrangers... i dont see any reason to own both..

There's a lot of redundancy in Ice cream too, but some days I like "Mint Chocolate Chip" other days I prefer "Vanilla"..........and for those who drink booze, maybe some days people would prefer Gary's Green Coconut Maragaritas other days maybe a Martini, they all get you loaded but do it with different flavors. smile smile smile

#418918 - 03/30/16 02:13 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: hammer]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: hammer
Guipic1
Over the last 3 years I have tried the S910, S950, and the PA900 thinking I could lighten my load and be a happy camper. All three got sold and I returned to my Tyros 4. I have also spent about 2 hours with a Bose L1 Compact hooked up to a S970 at the Guitar Center store and I can assure you that it does not have the same quality of the Tyros 4. For this test I took a thumb drive with me with all my gig setups so I would be hearing the same things. I also did tweak a few with S970 sounds but still did not gear the T4 quality.

Maybe someday we will see a lighter TOTL system but for now I would not move away from my Tyros 4. Oh yes, you say you are 67, well I will be 76 in June and gig about 12-15 times a month.

Deane

Deane,

There is zero doubt in my mind that the Tyros is a step ahead. And I'm reminded of that every time I switch between the two keyboards.

If I was gigging every day, I might be tempted to go the S970 route.

Rog L

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online