SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#418867 - 03/29/16 04:50 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: Bachus]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Here my 2 cents

I had Tyros2,3,4 and now the 5(I have the 61 keys version), simply the Tyros 5 has the new better DSPs(versus the T4), and make it sound like......well, heavenly.
The T5 is like High Resolution TV vs conventional TV.
There is nothing wrong with the Tyros4, but, there are Many features and new technologies that the T4 does not have.

#418868 - 03/29/16 06:04 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had the first two Tyros models. I've also had nearly all the PSRs, several Ketrons, including the Audya and the latest SD7, six Rolands and four Technics. And one Casio. smile I have a close friend with a Tyros 5 and have played it a lot. I prefer the Korg for many reasons, almost all of which I've listed several times in the past. After seeing and hearing my Korg, and realizing all the amazing real-time controls it has, my friend sold his T5 and bought a PA4X.
Don't get me wrong, the Tyros line sounds great and has a plethora of styles. I consider controls, weight, size, vocal processor, harmonizer all extremely important. Plus I love the new sound engine on the 4X, and I have all the styles I need and many, many more. I also love the touch screen, which is now adjustable on all models of the 4X.
It doesn't matter to me what model anyone else uses, I'm just relaying my own impressions.

#418869 - 03/29/16 06:29 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have a close friend with a Tyros 5 and have played it a lot. After seeing and hearing my Korg, and realizing all the amazing real-time controls it has, my friend sold his T5 and bought a PA4X.
Don't get me wrong, the Tyros line sounds great and has a plethora of styles.
It doesn't matter to me what model anyone else uses, I'm just relaying my own impressions.

Although I don't own or have even played a Pa4x, I own a PA3x and a T5-76, ( a great combination!!) we've been away from home the last few months I only had room in the van to transport the Pa3x, but have to say I have not missed the T5-76 one bit. ( can't believe I just wrote that)..... surprised At least I'm thinking there could be a Pa4x in my future and then again maybe not, I'll check which way the wind is blowing tomorrow

#418882 - 03/30/16 03:30 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx all for the many good replies. There is a lot of wisdom and experience on this forum and I appreciate you all sharing that.

Take care

#418883 - 03/30/16 05:28 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: Stephenm52]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: DonM
I have a close friend with a Tyros 5 and have played it a lot. After seeing and hearing my Korg, and realizing all the amazing real-time controls it has, my friend sold his T5 and bought a PA4X.
Don't get me wrong, the Tyros line sounds great and has a plethora of styles.

Although I don't own or have even played a Pa4x, I own a PA3x and a T5-76, ( a great combination!!) we've been away from home the last few months I only had room in the van to transport the Pa3x, but have to say I have not missed the T5-76 one bit. ( can't believe I just wrote that)..... surprised At least I'm thinking there could be a Pa4x in my future and then again maybe not, I'll check which way the wind is blowing tomorrow

There is so much redundancy in these arrangers... i dont see any reason to own both..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#418897 - 03/30/16 09:34 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi guitpit,

It sounds like T4 is fine for your needs but maybe your a bit bored with it? That's fine, it happens... So if your're going to keep the tyros 4 as a back up, why not get non Yamaha keyboard? That would give you more variety. When you gig choose what you think would fit best. Variety is the spice of life!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#418899 - 03/30/16 09:43 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

... At least I'm thinking there could be a Pa4x in my future ...

Steve... I would be happy to take the ride to Frank's with you to test and bring the Pa4X back to RI ... grin

#418900 - 03/30/16 09:44 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Steve... I would be happy to take the ride to Frank's with you to test and bring the Pa4X back to RI ... grin

maybe bring TWO Pa4x's back..just sayin' wink

#418903 - 03/30/16 10:17 AM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, do NOT spend an hour behind the PA4X. You will buy one. smile

#418913 - 03/30/16 01:33 PM Re: Looking for a gigging keyboard [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

A OK Tony!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online