SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#418600 - 03/22/16 11:53 AM Does vArranger have facility to create new styles?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I've been seeing a lot of positive endorsements for vArranger in this community. I already have a couple of hardware arrangers but I'm curious about the software route. A couple of questions:

-Does vArranger have a built-in facility to create new styles? If so, what is the "native" style format (Roland, Yamaha, or ??)

-Do you still need a Ketron SD2 or some other sound module to produce professional-sounding results?

-Which intelligent chord recognition system does it use? (Roland's "add a minor third above or below," or Yamaha's "play a black key to the left.")

Thanks,
Ted

#418607 - 03/22/16 12:30 PM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: TedS]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hello,

- There is not yet a Style creator in vArranger, but I will add it later. All styles formats are native and not converted in vArranger : Ketron, Yamaha, Roland and Korg
Will add my own format with the style creator smile

- You can go for the 100% software route, as vArranger come with a virtual synthesizer that can load samples and VST instruments.
vArranger comes with some basic sounds to start, and then you can add your own sounds. We are also selling some additional soundbanks.

- Tell me how you want to play your chords, and I will tell you if it is included. Most ways are

What other arrangers do you have?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#418815 - 03/28/16 10:21 AM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

Dan, a style creator would be a big feature. Along with that, would it be feasiable to implment in vArranger a feature mentioned by bachus? Top note only mono solo voice - "Solo voices work a little different from normal voices as you can choose to use them on top of the normal voices, but only sound on the top not (of the right hand) or thelast note played.. "
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418823 - 03/28/16 02:47 PM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: TedS]
DAN.2000 Offline

yes can be done, but will add a bit of latency

Dan

#418826 - 03/28/16 04:49 PM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: TedS]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi Dan.
I'm looking into your vArranger via your website, and the online manual.
Regarding the touchscreen app, are you planning to implement compatibility for touchscreen into the sofware in near future?

Edit:
I can see in manual that software are optimized for touchscreen, but anoter question:
Is it posible to i.e. install into a SD card to swap between laptop and PC instead of USB stick?

Cheers

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#418831 - 03/28/16 10:50 PM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
yes can be done, but will add a bit of latency

Why? isnt this like one line of code?

while switch is set to Solo do play top note

----

just out of interest, what tools do you use to code?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#418836 - 03/29/16 12:56 AM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: TedS]
DAN.2000 Offline

Yes, vArranger is playing nice with a Touch screen

Not possible with SD card, as they tend to change what they are showing to the software denpending on the card reader and the computer. Only USB stick

The top note feature need to add a bit of latency, to wait a bit before deciding this one is the top note.

Midi is a serial protocol, and when you press a chord, notes are coming one after one in a serial line. The first coming can be the lower, and the software will consider it as the top one

Dan

#418837 - 03/29/16 06:18 AM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000

The top note feature need to add a bit of latency, to wait a bit before deciding this one is the top note.

Midi is a serial protocol, and when you press a chord, notes are coming one after one in a serial line. The first coming can be the lower, and the software will consider it as the top one

Offcourse.. so you need to set a gate (listening time ) for the top note feature, i think that will indeed give latency, but very minimall latency... i doubt anyone would hear that..

Thanks for your reaction mate...

Korg PA4x has 3 options, for this feature, you can choose either the top note, the last played not, or the lowest note (the lowest note will be perfect for manually played bass on top of a lower chord detection.

(smiles) i can only imagine your list become longer and longer with wishfull features, the more you add, the more people want.. as long as you keep the top of the interface easy understandable for everyone, you can hide many pro features in sub menus...

#419754 - 04/13/16 07:40 AM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: TedS]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Dan,
what midi-controller keyboard do you recomend / prefer for use with vArranger?
Any of the M-Audio or Novation better choice than the other?
I.e Novation Launchkey or M-AUDIO code w/pads ?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#419755 - 04/13/16 07:46 AM Re: Does vArranger have facility to create new styles? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Dan,
what midi-controller keyboard do you recomend / prefer for use with vArranger?
Any of the M-Audio or Novation better choice than the other?
I.e Novation Launchkey or M-AUDIO code w/pads ?

I think the Novation SL mk2 is still his favorite, not only a very flexible controller but also one of the few with high quallity keybed...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online