SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#417662 - 03/01/16 07:40 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Great musicians, but if I played like that I would be outa work.
Jerryghr

Obviously it is not for all audiences ... but then, what music genre IS ?!?

Not to take away from these gifted kids, but here are a couple of other versions:

#417664 - 03/01/16 08:04 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Damn !!! They're good.
Yes I agree I think they were playing more pre-arranged then off the cuff but again ---
Damn !! They're good.
What was that funky two manuel keyboard ? decent piano sound, wish she would of done some organ on it as thats what I think it was aimed at. Sorta like a HS Sk2 without the controls.

#417665 - 03/01/16 08:09 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
rosetree
Unregistered

The piano sound isn't particularly good, I think it's the same bright pop-like CF3 sample as the Motif XS piano.
The D deck was already released around 2004, I think.

Edit: As I said in a post above, the DDK-7 is available only for Asia, where it still seems to be a current model. I don't know to what extent the sounds have been updated since the version released 10 years ago.
I read that a German pipe organ distributor also distributed the Stagea a few years ago in a sort of cooperation with Yamaha. Yamaha itself sees no market for it outside of Asia.

Edited by rosetree (03/01/16 08:34 AM)

#417672 - 03/01/16 10:33 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: ]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: rosetree
The piano sound isn't particularly good, I think it's the same bright pop-like CF3 sample as the Motif XS piano.
The D deck was already released around 2004, I think.

Edit: As I said in a post above, the DDK-7 is available only for Asia, where it still seems to be a current model. I don't know to what extent the sounds have been updated since the version released 10 years ago.
I read that a German pipe organ distributor also distributed the Stagea a few years ago in a sort of cooperation with Yamaha. Yamaha itself sees no market for it outside of Asia.

Yamaha Electone can be imported into Europe using this company, http://www.tarotrade.com/ (They are imported regularly).

Yamaha Music UK has tried to get Yamaha Japan to re-introduce the Electone instrument into Europe, but the sales they required were not possible. In addition production has to be done on a separate line to meet EU regulations. (Hopefully the EU will sink without trace and we can go back to a common market)

Bill

#417710 - 03/02/16 06:33 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

i'm glad you guys enjoyed it!!!

always nice to see kick @ss musicians, especially when they are all females :-)

#417712 - 03/02/16 06:38 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

i especially admire the drummer,
she knows how to BANG.... on dem drums

#417785 - 03/03/16 11:53 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
orchestrator1 Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Yea, just doesn't it piss you off, I thought I was good.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online