SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#417610 - 02/29/16 02:12 PM MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician...
leezone Offline

grab a good pair of headphones
or great speakers and pump it up!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE watch it from start to finish, 9 minutes, non-stop,

i love arrangers, BUT..... THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING!!!

Edited by leezone (02/29/16 02:25 PM)

#417611 - 02/29/16 02:22 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neat!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#417613 - 02/29/16 03:24 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi,Cannot access the site

#417615 - 02/29/16 03:50 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: hbinfo2001]

Originally Posted By: hbinfo2001
Hi,Cannot access the site

You must have something going on with your browser. Which browser are you using?

Gary cool

#417616 - 02/29/16 03:51 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow! I didn't think anybody my age could fall in love four different times with four different women in the span of nine minutes. If Boo is watching this, I'm sure he has already died and gone to heaven.....with Russ not far behind smile. These young ladies; scratch that, these young MUSICIANS are just great. Both the talent and the training are in clear evidence here, and whether you like modern jazz or not, if you know anything at all about what it takes to play at this level, you HAVE to admire, respect, and appreciate what you're seeing here. I personally know people who have studied music (and jazz in particular) for decades and still can't play at this level. Leezone, this really is a great find; thanks for the post.

Gotta go now and listen to this thing again. Since I play this tune fairly often, I think I'm gonna' steal a few of those licks smile.

chas

#417619 - 02/29/16 04:31 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I agree FULLY, quite young, very very talented and great musicians.
But, (if I dare to say so) ...
... in a way I get the impression of very "mecanical/cold" and stright out off the paper playing, not the "groove and feel" you use to see when musicians play jazz (and blues)?
Yeah, I know, probably just me and my ears & eyes......
I'll look at it agin tomorrow, maybe it sounds different after a good night sleep. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#417621 - 02/29/16 04:51 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Living proof there is hope for the next generation of outstanding musicians.

R.

#417624 - 02/29/16 05:38 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I was out of breath just WATCHING it ...

#417625 - 02/29/16 05:48 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
Dnj Offline

It was pretty good enjoyed it... But, retire from music? No way..

#417627 - 02/29/16 06:01 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Someday I will retire from music - when I am 6 feet under ... but then hopefully I will be playing a harp ...

#417628 - 02/29/16 06:04 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

I have to ask the 'jazzers' ... I really enjoy jazz, but when the sax player starts 'honking' and doing some of the other stuff like that, I kinda get lost ... what do you guys say ?

#417630 - 02/29/16 06:32 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
It was pretty good enjoyed it...

Pretty good? I didn't know you were British.

Quite satisfactory, I say.
Actually pretty incredible...

Edited by rosetree (02/29/16 06:50 PM)

#417634 - 02/29/16 07:00 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: tony mads usa]

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Someday I will retire from music - when I am 6 feet under ... but then hopefully I will be playing a harp ...

That was my plan, Tony, but it ain't gonna happen. Same as the plan to check out of this world by being shot in the back of the head by a jealous husband while leaping from a second story window with my pants down around my ankles and a 19-year-old gal screaming Don't leave me, Gary - Don't leave me! Oh well, just I'll just check out getting soused on Margarettas and Jim Bean Honey. smile

Gary cool

#417636 - 02/29/16 09:02 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I have to ask the 'jazzers' ... I really enjoy jazz, but when the sax player starts 'honking' and doing some of the other stuff like that, I kinda get lost ... what do you guys say ?

I was wondering if there was a melody (a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying ) in there somewhere!!!!

Great musicians, but if I played like that I would be outa work.

Jerryghr

#417637 - 02/29/16 09:07 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Magnificient!

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#417640 - 02/29/16 10:20 PM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Oh nice, she is playing an Electone...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#417653 - 03/01/16 05:28 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
Dnj Offline

is that a Roland KC 880?

#417657 - 03/01/16 06:19 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Oh nice, she is playing an Electone...

It's a Yamaha Stagea DDK-7 or D-Deck. Only produced for the Asian market.

#417658 - 03/01/16 06:41 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Jerryghr]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

I was wondering if there was a melody (a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying ) in there somewhere!!!!

Jerryghr

The main melody is at about 0:40:
| - Bb c d - | - AA Bb c - | - Bb c d - | - GG A Bb AG |
F - G Bb cdf|d c - |F - G Bb cdf| d c
(notes below middle c in capital letters, above in small letters).
All the rest is improvised around it.
I guess it's quite a free form of jazz, but not yet free jazz, at the harmonic scheme and tempo stay consistent.

#417661 - 03/01/16 07:32 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Damn !!! They're good.
Yes I agree I think they were playing more pre-arranged then off the cuff but again ---

Damn !! They're good.

What was that funky two manuel keyboard ? decent piano sound, wish she would of done some organ on it as thats what I think it was aimed at. Sorta like a HS Sk2 without the controls.

#417662 - 03/01/16 07:40 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Jerryghr

Obviously it is not for all audiences ... but then, what music genre IS ?!?

Not to take away from these gifted kids, but here are a couple of other versions:

#417664 - 03/01/16 08:04 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Damn !!! They're good.
Yes I agree I think they were playing more pre-arranged then off the cuff but again ---
Damn !! They're good.
What was that funky two manuel keyboard ? decent piano sound, wish she would of done some organ on it as thats what I think it was aimed at. Sorta like a HS Sk2 without the controls.

#417665 - 03/01/16 08:09 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
rosetree
Unregistered

The piano sound isn't particularly good, I think it's the same bright pop-like CF3 sample as the Motif XS piano.
The D deck was already released around 2004, I think.

Edit: As I said in a post above, the DDK-7 is available only for Asia, where it still seems to be a current model. I don't know to what extent the sounds have been updated since the version released 10 years ago.
I read that a German pipe organ distributor also distributed the Stagea a few years ago in a sort of cooperation with Yamaha. Yamaha itself sees no market for it outside of Asia.

Edited by rosetree (03/01/16 08:34 AM)

#417672 - 03/01/16 10:33 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: ]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: rosetree
The piano sound isn't particularly good, I think it's the same bright pop-like CF3 sample as the Motif XS piano.
The D deck was already released around 2004, I think.

Edit: As I said in a post above, the DDK-7 is available only for Asia, where it still seems to be a current model. I don't know to what extent the sounds have been updated since the version released 10 years ago.
I read that a German pipe organ distributor also distributed the Stagea a few years ago in a sort of cooperation with Yamaha. Yamaha itself sees no market for it outside of Asia.

Yamaha Electone can be imported into Europe using this company, http://www.tarotrade.com/ (They are imported regularly).

Yamaha Music UK has tried to get Yamaha Japan to re-introduce the Electone instrument into Europe, but the sales they required were not possible. In addition production has to be done on a separate line to meet EU regulations. (Hopefully the EU will sink without trace and we can go back to a common market)

Bill

#417710 - 03/02/16 06:33 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

i'm glad you guys enjoyed it!!!

always nice to see kick @ss musicians, especially when they are all females :-)

#417712 - 03/02/16 06:38 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

i especially admire the drummer,
she knows how to BANG.... on dem drums

#417785 - 03/03/16 11:53 AM Re: MUST WATCH!!! you will retire as a musician... [Re: leezone]
orchestrator1 Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Yea, just doesn't it piss you off, I thought I was good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online