SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#417569 - 02/29/16 05:13 AM opening and playing ketron styles on computer
underdog Offline

Hello. I am sorry if this question has been answered before.I have bought a dvd with lots of song styles and different ketron styles.
Can any member please tell me if there is any programme for computer that will open and play these on to pick what I need before loading them to my SD1 Ketron and Audya. Thank you.

#417588 - 02/29/16 08:21 AM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
The vArranger Software can do that, but not with Audya or SD7 styles

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#417596 - 02/29/16 09:18 AM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
If the source is a dvd or dowloaded from web I usually copy some styles into a USB stick and play it directly at the keyboard.
Maybe that will work for you as well? smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#417608 - 02/29/16 01:34 PM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
underdog Offline

Thank you both for replying.The reason I would like to open on computer is that I could preview the styles faster and choose only ones that would be useful for me to load into keyboard

#417618 - 02/29/16 04:08 PM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Underdog,
This has been a complaint of Ketron owners for years. We have ask numerous times for Ketron Italy to provide owners with a computer program to do just what you are asking about. I have personally contacted AJ about this and he is doing what he can but he has to depend on Ketron Italy to have a desire to do things. By the way, Dan is right. Any of the styles with a .PAT extension will play with vArranger with the exception of the Audya styles. The SD7 styles have a .KST extension and also won't play in vArranger.

Deane

#417654 - 03/01/16 05:51 AM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
underdog Offline

Thank you Deane.Seems strange that Ketron doesn't supply a programme for this seeing that they have plenty on styles on their website for downloading free.
It's a nuisance having to load styles in keyboard,play them and then have to delete if they are not what you are expecting. V Arranger is not that cheap to buy just for this purpose as I already have two Ketron keyboards

#417656 - 03/01/16 06:12 AM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: underdog
....It's a nuisance having to load styles in keyboard,play them and then have to delete if they are not what you are expecting....

Is'nt it possible to load and play the styles stright from a USB stick at Audya and SD7, and if you like, then save into the keyboards HD?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#417686 - 03/01/16 12:52 PM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: underdog]
orchestrator1 Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I asked AJ a couple of years ago about a program to play Styles/Patterns but it didn't go anywhere. It certainly would be a big plus for Ketron if they created one.

#417691 - 03/01/16 02:50 PM Re: opening and playing ketron styles on computer [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Gunner,
Yes, you can play styles directly from a USB stick on the SD7 but saving the ones you like back to the SD7 HD is a real pain and it is very difficult to select the location of the saved style. Worse yet is the fact you can't delete styles on the USB stick without using a computer. Should be as simple as copy and paste but it is not.

Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online