SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#417340 - 02/24/16 01:55 PM Pa4x versus T5
Bachus Offline

Whats wrong with this video?
Why does the Pa4x sound way more dynamic then the Tyros5?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#417342 - 02/24/16 02:12 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

its all in the Eq....makes a big difference ...thats why hearing it in person is always best.

#417345 - 02/24/16 02:24 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Both keyboards recorded in mono, whereas his talking is recorded in stereo. Makes a lot of sense... confused

Additionally, the PA-4X or its recording level seems to be turned a bit louder than the Tyros 5.

#417356 - 02/24/16 09:32 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
its all in the Eq....makes a big difference ...thats why hearing it in person is always best.

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Both keyboards recorded in mono, whereas his talking is recorded in stereo. Makes a lot of sense... confused

Additionally, the PA-4X or its recording level seems to be turned a bit louder than the Tyros 5.

Thast what i meant, point is this video is created by a reseller probably meant to sell more PA4x keyboards, and with Bonners being quite professional at these things, it might actually be on purpose..

#417363 - 02/25/16 01:05 AM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Korgs have always sounded way more live than Yamaha which sound more like a CD, (Just do a search on the many forums out there) with most Yamaha owners heading straight for the EQ as soon as they get them (Korg owners less so).

As I am regularly out listening to live music this is what I base my comparisons on, and after hearing and trying both the PA4x & T5 I personally would go with the PA4x any day of the week. (The Yamaha Classical/Theatre organ bank is better than the PA4x as are the ensemble voices, plus Yamaha have refined the SA voices to perfection, however avoid the SA2 voices as they are totally unrealistic, also Yamaha styles fall well short of a live band feel, but there are so many free ones out there you will probably find something you like)

As each person is different only you can decide which is for you, so go out and try them and take online demos with a pinch of salt.

Bill

#417368 - 02/25/16 02:55 AM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Korgs have always sounded way more live than Yamaha which sound more like a CD, (Just do a search on the many forums out there) with most Yamaha owners heading straight for the EQ as soon as they get them (Korg owners less so).

As I am regularly out listening to live music this is what I base my comparisons on, and after hearing and trying both the PA4x & T5 I personally would go with the PA4x any day of the week. (The Yamaha Classical/Theatre organ bank is better than the PA4x as are the ensemble voices, plus Yamaha have refined the SA voices to perfection, however avoid the SA2 voices as they are totally unrealistic, also Yamaha styles fall well short of a live band feel, but there are so many free ones out there you will probably find something you like)

As each person is different only you can decide which is for you, so go out and try them and take online demos with a pinch of salt.

Bill

Its not about the pa4x sounding better then T5, my question is about making the T5 sound worse then it can sound, there is a little less volume, and as Donny says, the master EQ is disturbed in such a way thatit takes away. From the brilliance of the T5..

I could reproduce this on my T5 by setting the master EQ to function as kind of a a bandwith filer..

I am quite

#417429 - 02/26/16 02:04 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
EQ sounds screwed up, perhaps overdriven, on both keyboards.

What I can't understand is the way arrangers are compared. From what I understand, what makes an arranger appealing over other keyboards are such things as styles and ability to upgrade, voices, multipads, registrations, songbook, music finder, pop up screen, touch screen, editing ability, on-board memory etc.

Whether a keyboard(one without its own speakers) is a bit 'more alive' probably has a lot more to do with the PA system used and whether or not it's in stereo.

I'm giving a hard look at the PA 4X due to its size, weight, layout, touch screen and editing capabilities for live gigs.

Just got done doing a gig for seniors, around 50 folks using my Tyros 4. My Tyros sounded wonderful through my Bose compacts. The Tyros is big and bulky though.

The things that concern me re the PA 4X: have to do with duplicating the styles and voices I have on my Tyros; especially the country and bluegrass styles. Also, I love the DoWop vocal pads of the Tyros. My S970 lack those vocal multipads but I make it work. However, my S970 is a tad thin sounding compared to my Tyros.

Bottom line, I feel like the arranger comparisons I see on YouTube, miss the mark.

My $.02 anyway.

One other thing:

I have become increasingly unhappy with the Yamaha VH. I'm a TC Helicon fan and that's a plus for Korg.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/26/16 02:12 PM)

#417431 - 02/26/16 02:36 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: guitpic1]
KORG80 Offline

I was unhappy with Yamaha's VH2 from the moment I heard it. Yamaha should be ashamed to have a rinky dink toy store harmonizer in their high end keyboards.

I guess the Doo Wop voices are an individual preference, I personally dislike them a lot.

If I ever have the money to invest in a high end keyboard it won't be Tyros as long as they have the VH 2 vocal processor.
God Bless,
Don

#417432 - 02/26/16 03:01 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you try to make Korg sound like Yamaha, or vice-versa, you won't! I certainly don't want my Korg to sound like a Yamaha; that's why I bought the Korg! smile
There is a wide variety of CW styles available, both on board and on the internet.

#417433 - 02/26/16 03:08 PM Re: Pa4x versus T5 [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I will wait for the next Tyros model and see how that compares to the PAX4. The Korg is new to the market and quite a bit newer than our Tyros 5 models. I thinks the next Tyros model will be
quite good ! Just saying. Lloyd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online