SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416908 - 02/16/16 07:09 PM Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout!
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
This demo compares acoustic pianos, Fender Rhodes electric pianos and Hammond organ:

#416937 - 02/17/16 02:56 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout! [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Well... They seem to have chosen only the Motif's "Full Grand", the old CF3 sample... They should have compared with the newer S6 piano, too, to have a meaningful comparison.
Nevertheless, even if the Motif 'Full Grand' sounds better here than I remember it (I only use my MoXF Full Grand in a band context), I think the Roland SN-A pianos are considerably better, also better than the S6, which isn't 88-note sampled.
But as soon as you install one of the top piano library options onto the Motif flash board, that piano might win against the SN-A...

#416939 - 02/17/16 04:24 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Thanks! It's good to know.

#416964 - 02/18/16 05:40 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout! [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Thanks! It's good to know.

Have you tried any libraries? At least the free ones like the CP1 piano package or the Inspiration in a Flash, which includes the S700 piano?

#416965 - 02/18/16 07:04 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

No, I haven't tried any libraries. I have a half gig of Flash memory, and I really don't know what to get.

Based on my desire for orchestral sounds, and your reviews of the Garritan, and DSF Strings, I might buy them.

I've been hesitating, because I still don't know what I want to do. Either keep my Motif XF, and add something for orchestral sounds, or sell my Motif and get a top-of-the-line arranger.

There are many possibilities!

I've been watching many demos and reading reviews. Whatever I do, I know I'll need to compromise, because of money constraints.

If I were to win $10,000.000.00, I'd surely get the Montage, Tyros 5, Korg Pa4X, Kurzweil PC3A6 or 7, and of course, the Integra-7. Then, all my musical dreams would be fulfilled! smile

Die Daumen drücken.

Edited by Mikem (02/18/16 07:06 PM)

#416966 - 02/18/16 07:19 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XF versus Roland FA Shootout! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

I still haven't tried the PSR-S970 and the Korg Pa4x. It's hard to find them in stores here.

I've established a while ago that for the best in acoustic sounds, I'd need a Yamaha (Motif XF, Montage, Tyros 5). For orchestrals, there's the Kurzweil, Integra-7, or Motif libraries. For choirs, the Montage (from what I've heard so far), Tyros 5, maybe the PSR-S970, or the Integra-7. To that, I would add the DSF's Vocal Xpressions. Finally, for an arranger, the best, according to what I've heard on demos and read, there's the Tyros 5, Pa4x, PSR-S970, BK-9. Depending on how many keyboards I can afford or not, there's the BK-7m, or the newest Roland E-A7.

The discovery of what I'll eventually get is probably the funnest part!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online