SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41693 - 08/14/03 12:42 PM A weird problem!
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
On my KN7000 (which has the original 1.3 op system) I developed a problem that whenever I "reset" the sequencer to start a song over, the entire sound system was in-operative. The chords would show, and the Start Stop buttons would progress, and the measure indicator would also progress but no sound would come from the speakers.

If I turned the power off, sound would then play again until I "reset" the sequencer again or the sequencer reset itself automatically after reaching the end of a song.

Once the sound turned off, if I turned the sequencer button off, I could still not get any sounds from the speakers until I turned the power off and started over again.

I could not fix this problem until I pushed the "Demo" button and played the "sequencer" demo, then the problem vanished and I can now use the sequencer as always with no problems.

Maybe I could have fixed the problem by initializing the system, but by using the "demo" button I did not have to change any of my settings.

Have any of you ever had this problem. If you will give me Eddie William's e-mail address I will forward the info to him as maybe a fix needs to be incorporated in the next op system.

Thanks,

Larry

#41694 - 08/14/03 02:27 PM Re: A weird problem!
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Larry.

I do not have Ed Williams email but his toll free number is 1-800-726-8863. You can get him Monday through Friday.

I occasionally get a little hang up on my 7000 and initializing always clears it up.

Eddy has been very helpful to me in the past. I know he will help you too.

The best
Alex

#41695 - 08/14/03 04:07 PM Re: A weird problem!
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Larry,
Eddies Email address is: williamse@panasonic.com
Regards,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 08-14-2003).]

#41696 - 08/14/03 04:18 PM Re: A weird problem!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just returned from a brief holiday and my 1.5 updates were waiting for me.

If I were you I would call Eddie. He has a sincere desire to assist Technic keyboard owners which is a rare quality in the service industry today.

I told him about the wish list that you compiled, during my last 3/4 hour conversation with him. If you talk with him, he would probably like to receive the list.

Fran in Florida

#41697 - 08/14/03 04:19 PM Re: A weird problem!
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Question.

When you initialize the KN7000, does that automatically load in the original 1.3 op version, even if you have a later version installed?

Thanks,

Larry

#41698 - 08/14/03 05:40 PM Re: A weird problem!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry - The answer is NO. The Initialising process cannot change the Operating system.
I understand that it just resets the system back to factory settings.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41699 - 08/14/03 07:04 PM Re: A weird problem!
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Larry, yes I had that problem with my 6500. I also found that if I activated the demo button everything worked fine. I found the root of the problem. Some others had experienced this also and I helped them out. The problem lies in the expression pedal. When the sequence was saved to disk the expression pedal was set to zero volume. Therefore when reset, it turns off the volume as it was saved originally. The demo button resets the volume to the on position. The disk that gave me this problem was a professionally done product by, if I remember right, Dennis Awe. After I found the problem some of the old organ guys that could not play unless they always used a swell pedal had the same problem when they would save things. They would turn there swell pedal off or down and could never get any sound or very little. The first thing out of their mouth was my board had a bug or it was broke. The easiest way to fix the problem is to press the demo button get it working and then re-save to disk. No more problems. You can also go into the operating guts of the board and adjust the volume but you still have to re-save it. I always like to take the easiest road to my destination. I’m almost positive it aint broke, just a glitch in the way things were done by the operator. Man, I sure enjoy your playing!

Another problem these old organ players and also others is that they regulate the volume by the Acc/Sequencer volume slider. If they save the sequence with that slider turned down they go nuts with their volume doing all kinds of crazy things. Always be sure that slider is turned to full before you save.

Grandpa Doug

#41700 - 08/15/03 06:20 AM Re: A weird problem!
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Fran
You are so right about Eddie Williams.
He has the patience of a saint.
He will walk you through a problem like he was sitting right next to you.

Technics are very fortunate to have him and so are we.

Walt -- thanks for Eddies email address.

Alex

#41701 - 08/15/03 06:41 AM Re: A weird problem!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I wanted to add to this thread even though the only problem I have with a kn7000 is the fact that I don't own one!!! .... but you guys are soooo right about Eddie ... while I haven't spoken to him in quite some time, when I first purchased my kn6000 I think he got to the point where he recognized my voice on the phone .... he is a WONDERFUL resource and really makes you know that he is truly interested in your problem or comments...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online