SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416706 - 02/14/16 12:30 AM PA4x Bass Surprise
Bachus Offline

yesterday while playing a pa4x, i noticed something..

With the arranger in stop position and a dark pad sound selected for the left hand... when i played three notes it sounded like a chord(as expected. But then while holding 2 or 3 notes still down i could use one finger to play a rhytm with the bassroot note..just tapping a finger on the keys made the bassroot note sound..

Chord memmory switch did not matter, manuall bass was switched to off
When i started the style it no longer worked
But as soon as i switched the bass and Accomp parts to off and only had the Drums part, i could use that bassbeat again... Only the root note...

Now i was wondering if this was a feature of the Sound, or a feature of the arranger?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416709 - 02/14/16 02:20 AM Re: PA4x Bass Surprise [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
What chord recognition mode did you have selected, as most also work without having to have a style running.

Bill

#416811 - 02/15/16 11:00 AM Re: PA4x Bass Surprise [Re: Bachus]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Tough question without knowing how the board was set up.

If you were holding down at least 2 notes, I wonder if it was interpreting the 3rd "tapping" note as a tension or suspended chord, and just resounding the root. This wouldn't be surprising if "Retrigger" was enabled on the bass track.

Also if the attack / sustain / release on the pad was sufficiently long, you might not have noticed that the board was trying to retrigger the pad notes as well.

I would love to see more demos of arranger players using their boards in this manner. In other words, triggering chords rubato with the style in pause. Adding multipads with chord match or stored sequences from a 2nd board or external module could make for a very interesting mix!

Edited by TedS (02/15/16 11:01 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online