SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#416733 - 02/14/16 10:05 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
an arranger kb tyros or s series, korg pa4x/pa900, BK9, and a synth workstation Montage, Motif, Kronos, etc, is the way to go you can cover almost any musical project that way...there is no need for two arrangers Imo..

I fully agree, even better if one of them has 88 keys piano action and the other has top of the line synth/organ action.. Also i am a firm beleiver that having two different brands adds more diversity to your sound..

But then, the OP is asking for a single arranger keyboard....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416740 - 02/14/16 10:41 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: RMepstead]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: RMepstead
I must be a bit dumb but I have to say that I do not understand what varranger does. I think it is a piece of software that you purchase for a laptop; and that you connect that laptop to your keyboard somehow...but how does it change anything that you play on your keyboard please?
I have a Technics KN7000 if that helps any explanation.

vArranger is equivalent to the arranger software that comes with every arranger keyboard, however it can be loaded on to a computer and be used with any keyboard, (Arranger, Organ, Synth, Workstation etc.) whereas the arranger software on your KN7000 is built in, so can only be used conveniently on your keyboard. (Imagine being able to take all your arranger settings and control of your KN7000 and use it with a Korg Kronos Workstation for example)

Hope this clears up the confusion

Bill

#416742 - 02/14/16 10:51 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
That sounds amazing Bill. So I could take all my settings for all my performances and run them through varranger in to say a Korg PA4X and just carry on playing as if I was playing my Technics KN7000... Wow.
Bill do you use this facility down there in wonderful Devon?

#416743 - 02/14/16 10:55 AM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: RMepstead]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: RMepstead
That sounds amazing Bill. So I could take all my settings for all my performances and run them through varranger in to say a Korg PA4X and just carry on playing as if I was playing my Technics KN7000... Wow.
Bill do you use this facility down there in wonderful Devon?

http://www.varranger.com/

#416752 - 02/14/16 12:06 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: RMepstead]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Not really, as vArranger does not play Techincs styles, but Ketron, Yamaha, Roland and Korg styles
You can however convert the technics styles to yamaha with EMC style works

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#416753 - 02/14/16 12:15 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Dan will Techincs styles be implemented in vArranger in the near future there are so many players that have them even though its discontinued?

#416756 - 02/14/16 01:06 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Dan will Techincs styles be implemented in vArranger in the near future there are so many players that have them even though its discontinued?

Why invest time into that, since the technics styles are easilly converted to other formats... I have all technics styles in my Yamaha style collection..

Having support for technics styles would only be usefull with a technics soundsource, however the orriginal technics sounds are dating and getting old. I guess it would be to much work to create a Varranger soundset for them..

But immagine with the 4 soundsets, its allready a brilliant instrument...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#416761 - 02/14/16 01:59 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: Dnj]
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks guys lot to think about... What about that KETRON SD7 which was all the rage a while back. Can you import your styles and songs to that board?

#416762 - 02/14/16 02:49 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
RMepstead Offline

Ok thanks fellas... maybe I'll go for one of these instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAq6ZWYIDrA

#416763 - 02/14/16 02:52 PM Re: New Keyboard, what to get [Re: beachbum]
RMepstead Offline

p.s. Technics was once market leader by a long shot. What happened to all those KN3000; KN5000; KN6000 and KN6500 machines let alone the magic KN7000.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online