SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41663 - 06/14/03 09:22 AM On the fly change
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello:

Technics gives the player a wide range on setting up the piano using panel memory, music arranger, user composer etc. Sometimes I just like to make a simple change while playing without doing all that, sorta like on the fly.

When I play a song with the APC on, and I want to turn off the beat for a particular measure, I will make sure I have synchro start on. When I get to the measure I want no beat sound I just press the beat start/stop button, when I want the beat back I press the beat start/stop button again, simple.

The above turns the composer completely off, but sometimes I like to do the same but with the drums sound only, no accomp. Is it possible? I can setup a panel memory button, muting the accomp sounds, but that will be using my right hand, which I need for the melody. Does someone have a way to do this on the fly?

Thanks, Oh! I am using a PR804 but it’s pretty much similar to the KN7000 so any comments will help... Anthony

#41664 - 06/14/03 03:05 PM Re: On the fly change
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Anthony,

I use a footswitch for hands free panel memory changes and program the required footswitch setting (rythm stop/start etc) into each panel memory (ensure that the foot controller setting is turned on in the panel memory Expand Mode). In my case I have mounted a microswitch on the side of my expression pedal as found on many organs.
Alternatively suitable footswitches are available from Technics dealers, Carillon and Technote as well as places like Tandy/Radio Shack.

Len C.

#41665 - 06/14/03 04:55 PM Re: On the fly change
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I don't know the physical layout of the PR804 but if there are Performance Pads on the left then I believe they can be programmed to carry out functions like Panel Memories.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41666 - 06/14/03 09:18 PM Re: On the fly change
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Len:
Thanks for the input, the PR's comes with the standard piano foot pedals (3). The left pedal can be setup like a foot switch. I thought about going that route but kinda was hoping to find an "on the fly" way of doing this. Seems that may not be possible. Thanks again... Anthony

Hi Willum:
Yes, there are performance pads and I experimented, looks like this maybe what I'm looking for. At least it will free my right hand to play the melody, since the pads are on the left side. Not an "on the fly" solution, but looks like the next best thing. Thanks... Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online