SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416501 - 02/11/16 07:03 AM Warning about how this forum is being watched
rosetree
Unregistered

I just posted my findings about stealing recordings and reposting them on other platforms...
Now I searched for my Midnight in Moscow tune made with the Integra posted one or two days ago, and look what Google presents me:

The picture of one of our forum users connected with these search terms...

Attachments
Google-Midnight-Integra.jpg

#416517 - 02/11/16 10:18 AM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
The Internet is a mess and similar to a mine field in an Arnold Schwarzeneger movie.

Here's my brief story.

I take great pains to keep all personal ID info off the NET. I post NO info, no tel #'s, nothing in emails. etc.

A few months ago I GOOGLED my birth name. This came up:

Name ABC (me) associated with (all my family members and their addresses and phone #'s). Here's the kicker: I have one bank account and I named my father the beneficiary about 15 years ago. So my bank info reads: "Name ABC POD (payment on death)to (my father's name and address and all HIS personal info).

Now the only person/company who had that POD statement was the bank. So how did that get out there on the Internet? Any way and all ways.

You might say "who cares" about who knows "what" about me. But when Identity Theft rears it's ugly head and someone requests a tax refund from the IRS under your name, well, I'm hoping your tax refund is under $5.

This Internet system is the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened to honest people. It's a playground for villains!

Mark

#416518 - 02/11/16 10:23 AM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi
Search robots find what related your search term, and since there are pictures/avatars in the tread, it will often pick what it find. In a couple of days/weeks, it will show more pics from the tread as well, as long as it match your search term.

Seek, and you will find..... Maybe Gary will show up next time too. smile
Modern times they say.
sofa
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#416520 - 02/11/16 11:11 AM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Of course you're right, these are robots, but as the pictures come up one day after posting something in the forum, it shows how high the ranking of Synthzone is in the list of websites to be crawled.

#416521 - 02/11/16 11:28 AM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: rosetree
I just posted my findings about stealing recordings and reposting them on other platforms...
Now I searched for my Midnight in Moscow tune made with the Integra posted one or two days ago, and look what Google presents me:

The picture of one of our forum users connected with these search terms...

Hey! That's ME!!! frown

#416522 - 02/11/16 11:32 AM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, I decided to google my name, and the only thing that came up that was remotely related to me were a couple photos under the images segment. However, when I googled Gary Diamond Travlin' Easy there was loads of stuff, including several of my old magazine columns.

Now, it also said that I was on Face Book and Linkem, which I'm not, and I believe that saves me from a lot of identity problems that others many be encountering.

Who knows what evil lurks in the mind of man - The Shadow Knows! eek

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#416527 - 02/11/16 12:27 PM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've never had a problem on Facebook. You can choose your security and privacy settings.
However, once anything is put on the internet it is pretty much there forever!

#416558 - 02/11/16 05:43 PM Re: Warning about how this forum is being watched [Re: ]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I google my name and the actor pops up.

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online