SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41643 - 02/18/03 09:37 AM SD CARD PLEASE HELP
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I did it this time.I put my 64 mg card into the card reader to back it up to my laptop.I hit drive E and brought up "private".I hit new folder and sent it to my docs.It copied fine,but,when I put the card back into the 7000,the files were not there,but the card still shows the same contents there.

I put the card back into the reader and "new file opens up with "private as a sub folder.
I am guessing the 7000 can't read the card because it is in the "new folder".

How can I get rid of the new folder without deleting anything on the card.

All of my 530 songs are on there,and I am not computer wise enough to get out of this jam I got myself in.

Many thanks for your anticipated help.

Bernie

#41644 - 02/18/03 09:52 AM Re: SD CARD PLEASE HELP
technicsplayer Offline

I assume you have copied the private folder to the SD card inside the new folder and the Kn7000 can no longer read the files because of this incorrect folder structure.

The private folder must appear in the root of the SD card.

Firstly confirm that the private folder on your laptop contains all your files by looking inside the folder structures until you see all the technics files, or by right clicking it, then left clicking properties, and seeing the number of files and size approximate to what you expect to see.

If not, just copy the private folder from the card to the laptop again, just to make absolutely sure.

Once you are sure the files are definitely on your laptop then just delete the new folder on the SD card, and then copy the private folder to the root of the SD card, that is directly to the E drive in your description.

It might be safer to use the backup and restore in Song Manager in future since it has additional advantages.

#41645 - 02/18/03 01:06 PM Re: SD CARD PLEASE HELP
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Alec,
I am so happy I could kiss you,or maybe a hug anyway. I am fine now.I was hoping that you would come to the rescue,but,with your time constraints,I didn't know.
I won't do that again.I'll take your advise and use song manager,or better yet,I will wait for your book.

Many thanks
Bernie

#41646 - 02/18/03 02:50 PM Re: SD CARD PLEASE HELP
technicsplayer Offline

glad you're fixed.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online