SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416282 - 02/08/16 07:03 PM How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles
Mike Aviv Offline

I have been posting very little, good news I have recently retired from designing bio-medical equipment and aerospace stuff, still playing occasionally and babysitting; Good news I have more time to spend with my Technics keyboards, very little experience using SD cards, here are a couple of issues I have come across for which I need help.
I have loaded custom styles folder from SD card I have purchased into KN7 Rhythm Group(20 styles), saved a single style to a new folder with a new name, did a quick easy recording using this style and saved it with the song name.
The problem is, that unless the original custom folder is loaded and the same original style # is selected, the playback will use the whatever custom style happen to be in the same custom number slot at the time, and it sounds bad. My question, how can I copy a custom style in order to make it totally independent from the folder that it originally came in order to allow me to modify and make instrumental changes, since some of the custom styles are great.

A separate question regarding the loaded Custom Styles (20 per folder), when I switch between custom styles and the MSA is ON and the One Touch Play is selected,the variations 2 will change the rhythm and instruments, but for some reason when I select Variation 3-4-1 or fill in, the rhythm changes but the selected instruments will revert to the same ones as the previous played style. I would appreciate your help.

Mike Aviv
Any

#416289 - 02/09/16 01:02 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: Mike Aviv]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Mike
Just to be clear in my mind. They definitely are CUSTOM styles and you have definitely loaded them into the CUSTOM rhythm group area?
Sorry to ask but jargon can get in the way of properly understanding what someone is asking?
Rog

#416294 - 02/09/16 05:54 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: RMepstead]
Mike Aviv Offline

Hello Roger, the answer is yes, the Custom styles folder automatically loads into the "Custom" in the Rhythm Group panel.

#416301 - 02/09/16 07:05 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: Mike Aviv]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mike, The easiest way is to COPY the required CUSTOM style to the COMPOSER and use the COMPOSER style to play/record sequence.

Press Prog Menus > Composer > Custom Style Copy > Direction From Custom to Memory Bank.
Select required style from Custom : select Memory Bank (A,B,C) press OK
Use Composer Memory rather than Custom for playing and recording sequence. When you save your recording (Sequence) make sure that the COMPOSER option is included.....

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#416321 - 02/09/16 08:21 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: Mike Aviv]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
As Bill says...thanks Bill...and I always do that when I use Custom Styles because you've always got it saved safely in Memory Bank (A,B,C) as a style that is saved on your SD Card and cannot dissappear anywhere else.

#416346 - 02/09/16 11:33 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: Bill Norrie]
Mike Aviv Offline

Thank You Bill for the help, I will try this as soon as I can.

#416347 - 02/09/16 11:34 AM Re: How do I work around Loaded Custom Styles [Re: RMepstead]
Mike Aviv Offline

Thank you Roger for you input.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online