SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#416127 - 02/06/16 03:21 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: KORG80]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Reflecting
I had many friends over the years. The ones that stand out were musicians. They were more sensitive, had more humor, and were on the most part, easy to be with.
Most musicians seemed to be out from the typical way of life. I remember leaving my group for six months; Saturday evenings we would play cards. Sometimes we went to the movies surrounded by hordes of people. I said to myself; is this what people do on weekends?

We are a special breed with special gifts. Where our gifts came from is based on our beliefs. No one is right and no one is wrong; it is what we have decided to believe, and everyone has that right.

John C.

#416131 - 02/06/16 05:07 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: bruno123]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: bruno123
No one is right and no one is wrong; it is what we have decided to believe, and everyone has that right.

John C.

You are SO right, John. It's when we try to make OUR truth the UNIVERSAL truth that we get into trouble, that's why I think we should leave our religious beliefs at home when we visit a secular forum. JMO.

chas

#416133 - 02/06/16 05:29 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: cgiles]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: bruno123
No one is right and no one is wrong; it is what we have decided to believe, and everyone has that right.

John C.

You are SO right, John. It's when we try to make OUR truth the UNIVERSAL truth that we get into trouble, that's why I think we should leave our religious beliefs at home when we visit a secular forum. JMO.

chas

Don't understand that. Where did Mark say his truth was the universal truth when he believes that a gift was given to him by God? You demand that a religious person mustn't mention God in reference to him/her personally. Guess you didn't understand Bruno correctly: "Everyone has the right". Don't try to make YOUR truth the universal truth.

Of course, believing that a gift was received from God mustn't lead to an attitude of being particularly "elected" and superior to others - that would be a total misinterpretation of Christian religion. It's just the view that every single human being has been given something special from God.

Edited by rosetree (02/06/16 05:33 AM)

#416142 - 02/06/16 07:17 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: ]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

Don't understand that. Where did Mark say his truth was the universal truth when he believes that a gift was given to him by God? You demand that a religious person mustn't mention God in reference to him/her personally. Guess you didn't understand Bruno correctly: "Everyone has the right". Don't try to make YOUR truth the universal truth.

Wow! PLEASE go back and read my post again. First of all, I haven't DEMANDED anything, but your post DOES make a good case for my OPINION that the forum is probably best served if we leave religion out of it. In fact, MOST forums include that provision as part of the rules (and for exactly this reason). Besides, that is what Nigel provided THE BAR for.

chas

#416144 - 02/06/16 07:28 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: Mark79100]
rosetree
Unregistered

Again you Are demanding things, and it sounds quite aggressive. Good bye, I'm out of here.

#416145 - 02/06/16 07:42 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

If my last two posts offended someone (other than Rosetree), please speak up and let me know HOW and what specific thing I said that would send someone off the deep end, 'cause I must be missing something. I've seen some pretty cringe-worthy posts here from time to time, yet they didn't send anyone screaming into the night, so I have to assume that it's ME and not the post that is driving this.

chas

#416147 - 02/06/16 08:36 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: Mark79100]
rosetree
Unregistered

I don't feel offended,but as I said, I won't continue this here, but back home I will start a new thread in THE BAR about religious freedom and freedom of speech.

#416149 - 02/06/16 08:48 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Good move. I will enjoy participating. BTW, I don't think 'free speech' applies on a PRIVATELY-owned forum, else no one could be banned, no matter what they said. Plus, there would be no rules applying to a post's content. Just saying.

chas

BTW, I'm glad you're not leaving the forum (just because I expressed an opinion you didn't agree with). I really enjoy both your posts and your music. You appear to be a serious musician and I respect and enjoy the MUSICAL opinions of serious musicians.

Edited by cgiles (02/06/16 08:53 AM)

#416151 - 02/06/16 09:27 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80
... I don't put myself on par with any of the great musicians but I know whatever musical abilities I have or will develop, definitely are a gift of God.
God Bless,
Don

+1 smile

#416215 - 02/07/16 08:08 AM Re: my musical history in 855 words [Re: Mark79100]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Mark
Nice writeup. Your lucky to have such and interesting and fulfilling life.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online