SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41554 - 06/05/05 01:08 PM SD Card
McCrae Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hi All, I am new as I said in my first post not very long ago. I bought this KN7000 used, and discovered it hasn't got an SD card with it. I thought it was the same as a smart card (which I bought). Is this a completely different card? I also have a disk called initial data disk. What is this for and how do I use it. I loaded it and some stuff showed, but it meant nothing. Please try to enlighten me if you can. thanks in anticipation. jess
McCrae

#41555 - 06/05/05 02:10 PM Re: SD Card
Anonymous
Unregistered

hello McCRAE
You should have had an 8mb SD card which was provided with the kn7 when purchased new. These are available quite cheaply now and this is different from the smartcard. Your local computer store should have one.
The initial data disk puts the keyboard back to its original factory setting, so if you have anything saved that you wish to keep put it on your SD card or a HD disk first.
The time you should use this is if you are problems with the keyboard or you wish to edit sounds etc. from scratch but always save your work first. You can also initialise the keyboard from within the program menu. You will find that there are lots of technic-phobes on this forum who will give you excellent advice.
The keyboard you have bought is the best, enjoy it!
Regards
Peter B.

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 06-05-2005).]

#41556 - 06/05/05 02:37 PM Re: SD Card
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
You can get SD cards here :
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_4_401_40105&products_id=8539
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_4_401_40105&products_id=278 82

The first link is to a 128MB card and the second for a 256MB card.
They are both at a very good price £7.99 and £14.99 (postage extra)
The low price is partly due to the company not charging VAT on good valued at less than £18 - they are in the Channel Islands.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 06-05-2005).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41557 - 06/05/05 03:27 PM Re: SD Card
McCrae Offline

Hi Peter and Willum, I am grateful for your early reply. There is already some stuff in the keyboard which must have been the previous owner. The panel memory seems to have quite a lot. Custom in the rythmn group has 10 items. Can I delete all of these and start fresh. That way I will maybe understand how it works. Favourites also has stuff. It is quite baffling to me to have so many places to save items. I have an awful lot to learn. I have a Yamaha PSR 3000 also, and that does these things, but in a different way. Maybe that is why I am confused. It doesn't take much. I hope you will help. kindest regards, Jess.

#41558 - 06/06/05 01:22 AM Re: SD Card
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Jess
You need someone to sit down with you for a couple of hours and run through everything with you while you take notes....I'm sure there is someone up there in Scotland that would be friendly enough to do that for you - which part of Scotland are you domiciled in?
Rog

#41559 - 06/06/05 01:34 AM Re: SD Card
McCrae Offline

Hi Rog, Thank you for your reply. I live in North Lanarkshire, but unfortunately I don't know anyone else who has a KN7000 who can help. I bought the keyboard because of the stunning voices it had. I didn't think it would give me a big headache to understand how it operates. I hope the penny drops one day. Kind regards, Jess

#41560 - 06/06/05 01:49 AM Re: SD Card
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Well maybe someone reading this is not a million miles away from you and can help - the way you work with Technics keyboards is completely different from Yamahas, frustratingly...
Rog

#41561 - 06/06/05 03:12 PM Re: SD Card
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi,

Yes, someone to help you is the best solution for quick start. However you should also have received a manual with the Keyboard. If not I know there are people who can hand you an electronic (pdf) version.

In your case I would initialize the keyboard, but first get yourself an SD-Card, insert it, press the yellow SD button and select Save. with the page buttons you can select what memory parts you like to save. Just select all the you can possibly save, also 10 banks panel memory. Name it e.g. as "previous owner". Now after initialize and playing along you can always get these settings back.
I wish I lived in Scotland, then I would come to help you. But I live in the Netherlands

Regards, Fred (http://fred.kn7000.net)

#41562 - 06/07/05 12:46 AM Re: SD Card
McCrae Offline

Hi Fred, Thank you for your information. I will get the SD card soon and try what you suggest. I nearly initialized the kb yesterday, but I do like some of the stuff on the kb memory. Thanks again, regards, Jess

#41563 - 06/07/05 07:45 AM Re: SD Card
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JESS....Before loading onto an SD card....Press the "Program Menus" button just above the yellow SD button on the right side of the control panel....

Push "Control"...push "Panel Memory Mode"...push the button to the left of "EXPAND"....then push the page button to get to page 2.....Change everything on that page to "ON"....

Then exit out of the Program Menus." When all of this is accomplished the chances of loosing anything the former owner programed will most likely not happen....Everything will be on the new SD card....providing that procedure goes well!

Wouldn't it be great to have jams where we could help each other learn to use everything on the AWESOME 7K all over the planet......at least once every week?????

Good Luck Jess....Happy playing & enjoy all you do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online