SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65922 - 06/04/05 01:45 PM Digital Effect
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if this is by design or I found a bug in the PR804. This is a standard feature found on all Technics models. So anyone with a KN6000/higher or a PR702/902-PR703/903 can check it. Of course anyone with a PR604 or PR804 can check it, along with KN2400/2600.

I will choose a sound for R1 that has a built in Digital Effect, Nashville Steel comes to mind. The Digital Effect is active and the light is on. Great! However, I have discovered when I choose this exact same sound and put it in R2, the Digital Effect is not active and the light is off. You may say, just turn it on, I wish it was that simple, the Digital Effect setting isn't the same. In R2 the PR804 thinks the Multi Effect is on and shows different Digital Effects compared to what's in R1. But the Multi Effect is Off, in both R1 and R2.

I'm curious to know on other Technics when you put a sound in R1 that has a built in Digital Effect, does R2 have it also, or will it be treated differently, like in my case? By the way, R2 isn't the only track/Part that this is happening, it's all the tracks except R1. The only track/Part that keeps the original built in Sound Digital Effect is R1.

If this is a bug and since Technics is not in the music instrument business, is it possible to have it fixed? If so, does anyone know Technics contact info?

Note 1: I picked Nashville Steel, if you don't have that sound, and want to check this out, make sure you have R1 selected and go through the Guitar Group, scroll through the sounds until you see the Digital Effect button light up. Now go to R2 and add that same sound. Did the Digital Effect button light come on?

Note 2: To check what Digital Effect is being applied in R1. Go to Sound Edit and choose Effect and view page two. Do the same with R2. In my case R1 and R2 have different views on page two, as if the Multi Effect button is on in R2, but it's OFF, in both R1 and R2.

I hope I get a lot of folks responding to this so I can either have a sigh of relief if this is by design or grief if it isn't.

Thanks in advanced.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 06-04-2005).]

#65923 - 06/04/05 02:18 PM Re: Digital Effect
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Anthony,
I've just checked on my KN7000 and when a sound has the Digital Effect included, when selected, I found no difference whether it is assigned to RT1 or RT2 - the effect is still active - as I would expect.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65924 - 06/04/05 08:21 PM Re: Digital Effect
AnthonyCian Offline

Thanks Willum for checking this out and the quick reply. Well, I was hoping what was happening was normal, but it does make a lot sense to have the same sound on R1 and R2 including Digital Effects.

I like to hear from others with differenct models on how the Digital Effect is working on R1/R2 if anyone likes to check it out???

...I know there's away to have the instrument display the version when starting it. A sequence of certain buttons pressed. I did this long time ago but forgot it. The PR804 uses the same button locations on the KN7000 but are named different. Do you know what they are?

Thanks, Anthony

#65925 - 06/05/05 02:28 AM Re: Digital Effect
Bill Norrie Offline

On the KN7000 the Operating System Version can be seen by holding down 'PIANO, GUITAR and MALLET&ORCH PERC' buttons and then switch On. These buttons are all next to one another and are the first 3 on the left of the top row. The layout may be different on the PR804....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#65926 - 06/05/05 11:55 AM Re: Digital Effect
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Anthony,

Have just checked this out on the KN2600.
You can have same digital effect on R1&R2
using the Nashville Steel sound or any other sound.

Cheers Barry

#65927 - 06/05/05 12:34 PM Re: Digital Effect
AnthonyCian Offline

Bill:

The first three buttons on the top left sound row on the PR804; Strings, Brass, and Sax&Woodwind did the trick. I now know the version #. It could be the latest and only one for all I know. Hope not!

By the feedback coming in thus far, it looks like I may have a defect on the PR804 which could of been there for sometime and I just now noticed it. I did a full reset by pressing the lower left 3 rhythm section buttons while turning the piano on after unplugging it for 3hrs. The full reset went ok, but it didn't fix the problem. I am going to have to contact Technics directly since the dealer where I bought it has closed shop. This is going to be interesting.

Thanks for taking the time checking this out for me!

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 06-05-2005).]

#65928 - 06/05/05 12:37 PM Re: Digital Effect
AnthonyCian Offline

Hi Barry:

Thanks for checking this out on the KN2600. It's beginning to look like what I expected...

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 06-05-2005).]

#65929 - 06/05/05 02:24 PM Re: Digital Effect
Bill Norrie Offline

I wish you luck Anthony but I wouldn't hold your breath.........

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online