SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#416669 - 02/13/16 05:11 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, the last thing you need is advice from everybody (even if it's well-meaning) BUT smile , did you ever consider hiring and training a neighborhood kid to ride along with you and load, unload, set up, take down, load, unload (the reason I stopped gigging, BTW)? Say for $20. Under YOUR supervision, of course, but he does ALL the work. Just a thought.

chas

#416672 - 02/13/16 07:29 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I live in an old, established neighborhood, the kids have all grown up and left, and those that haven't are freeloading on their parents and don't want to work. We had a couple new families move in last summer, but those kids are very young, 6 to 8 year olds. So, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and retire from being on the road, but I really do love it.

Thanks,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#416673 - 02/13/16 08:00 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Chas, I live in an old, established neighborhood, the kids have all grown up and left, and those that haven't are freeloading on their parents and don't want to work. We had a couple new families move in last summer, but those kids are very young, 6 to 8 year olds. So, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and retire from being on the road, but I really do love it.

Thanks,

Gary cool

$20.00? I hope you mean an hour? rotf2 .....these kids today ain't stupid lol......

Gary I hope your back doesn't interfere with your love of sailing....enjoy your life you only get one!!

#416674 - 02/13/16 08:01 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah, I hear you (about the kids) and yes, you will miss it, but keep your head AND chops in the game by practicing EVERY day, learning new songs, and staying in touch with the musical community. Then, when an opportunity arises where conditions are optimal, you'll be ready to go on a moments notice. Trust me, it'll add years to your life. That's the power and beauty of music.

chas

#416675 - 02/13/16 08:10 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Chas, I wholeheartedly agree with your statements above. I fully intend to keep learning new songs every week, and continue to play, even if it's just in the office, every day of the week. Not only does it help maintain some sanity in an aging brain, but it gives me something to do when I cannot sail. When I take off this summer for months on end of sailing, my keyboard will be riding along with me on the boat.

When I made that voyage down to the Florida Keys three years ago, the PSR-3000 made it's debut in many marina tiki bars and restaurants while I was en-route. I was amazed at the number of locations along the way that had never had an arranger keyboard player for entertainment. Nearly every location had entertainment, but it was have guitar will travel guys, most of whom were not very good.

Thanks again everyone,

Gary cool

#416698 - 02/13/16 10:46 PM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is a great clip Gary. I really enjoyed it but it would have been nice to see you too as well as the dance floor. Your performance is excellent.

#416722 - 02/14/16 07:17 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Nigel. Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting the tripod for the camera so I had no way of mounting it behind me. I just sat it on the console and pressed the shutter button.

Thanks again for the compliments,

Gary cool

#416723 - 02/14/16 07:24 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thanks Nigel. Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting the tripod for the camera so I had no way of mounting it behind me. I just sat it on the console and pressed the shutter button.

Gary cool

Really enjoying your videos.

I think you need a drone, so you can cover the whole venue. smile

Jerryghr

#416724 - 02/14/16 07:25 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#416888 - 02/16/16 10:53 AM Re: Messin around with the Go Pro... [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr

Gary cool

Really enjoying your videos.

I think you need a drone, so you can cover the whole venue. smile

Jerryghr

cool2

Attachments
01 DJI Phantom-970-80.jpg

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online