SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#414552 - 01/12/16 03:54 PM PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have recently purchased the Yamaha PSR-S970 which at first I thought was a great little keyboard. However today was my first attempt at planning a gig programme for next week and to my dismay, this keyboard operates exactly the same way as the PSR950 in that the Volume Pedal has to be saved each time a new registration is produced and not only that, if you're using the Multipads these too have to be saved individually.

I am more than surprised that Yamaha have not updated this bearing in mind that the Volume Pedal is the most important part of the keyboard and there were many complaints about this on the 950. In fact that is why, I got rid of mine. I lead a very busy life and do not have time to individually update the several hundred registrations I already have which I had hoped to use to on the 970.

The Parameter Lock doesn't even show the Foot Pedal so that cannot be used. Am I missing something, if so can someone reply a.s.a.p. as I have to be prepared by Tuesday of next week and if it cannot be done, then I will revert back to my Technics KN7000 and get rid of the PSR-S970.

Thanks in advance - Audrey Turner

#414569 - 01/13/16 02:49 PM Re: PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed. [Re: Audrey Turner]
rosetree
Unregistered

Better post it in the general arranger forum, your post will be perceived by many more.

#414594 - 01/14/16 03:33 AM Re: PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed. [Re: ]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Audrey , Hope you are keeping well .
I would try visiting the Yamaha Tutorial site forum it's been running for years and there is a psr970 user site ...ask the question there and I'm sure you will get the correct answer !!

best Regards ...Giovanni

#414637 - 01/14/16 04:53 PM Re: PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed. [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Hello Giovanni and Rosetree,

Yes thank you, I am glad to say I am feeling much better now and looking forward to Tuesday's gig. I have to say our local Surgery Doctors plus Staff and Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge have all been brilliant and I owe everyone involved many many thanks for the care and attention I've received. It's a long story but I have to admit most of the problem is 'age' related.

Let's change the subject. I'm still enjoying my KN7000 and have added a few more SD Cards which, by-the-way if anyone is interested, Amazon have quite a selection of company's selling the 2gb SD Cards plus several designs of wallets to hold them all.

Finally thank you both for the suggestion, I will try the Yamaha site. Unfortunately I haven't been able to visit them for so long my profile has been removed, so I'll renew it a.s.a.p. and look for an answer there. I'll keep you posted.

Goodnight to both of you. Audrey

#418393 - 03/16/16 02:47 PM Re: PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed. [Re: Audrey Turner]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Audrey Turner, a name form the past. It’s nice to know that you are still own a Kn7000. Two weeks ago I put my vocal unit for sale; someone on the forum (DJ) gave me a few words or encouragement. I happy that it did not sell.

Since I have gone from a Kn7000 to a Psr 900, to a Tyros 2 and now to a Korg Pa900 there was always a learning curve. The most difficult was the first move. After so many years with Technics I tried to use the same knowledge on Yamaha 910. Until I started to think Yamaha , to learn their system I was unhappy with the keyboard.

Keep in there Audrey, Just do not expect it to be a Kn7000.

Gary from the general arranger forum has always been ready to help; he knows Yamaha very well.

John C. (Bruno123)

#421753 - 05/28/16 03:58 PM Re: PSR-S970 - Urgent help needed. [Re: bruno123]
Audrey Turner Offline

Thanks for your reply Bruno.

I've now got rid of the PSR970 simply because all the extra button pushing aggravated my hands and made them painful. Having recently had a successful operation for carpal tunnel syndrome, apart from not being able to play (or type) for several months, I cannot describe the awful pain it caused, so I don't want to go down that road again.

I'm still play the KN7000 which doesn't affect my hands at all - thank goodness.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online