SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#414472 - 01/11/16 05:58 AM PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record?
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Okay I have checked manuals/online and I am stumped.

I transpose and CAPO on Guitar all over the place, so forgive me for this question. But I REALLY need this function that my old Triton Extreme does.....Being able to transpose single instruments to record to an already transposed sequence......

Recorded song -5....Now I want to over-write my initial piano part. Problem is how do I get my Piano track to record at -5?

When I place it -5 the WHOLE track goes down. SONG EDIT appears to be an after the fact approach.

Tried locking Master transpose in global but the sequence still transposes...

Someone please tell me how I can keep the sequence in it's original status and go -5 on NEW TRACK ONLY............

Totally at a loss here.....Is there any way to separate the transpose values of the new track to record versus playing of the track from the sequence?

#414476 - 01/11/16 07:42 AM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: Steve A]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
buy a Yamaha LOL all kidding aside I am not sure you can do a single track you can try Keyboard transpose on yamaha you have a choice in the mixing con section to set song to transpose and keyboard stay in orig key as well as a single track .

I think Korg has a challange in this area this is a concern of mins=e as well.

why are you transposing -5 on 1 track and all the other stay the same I think you would want all to be in the same key and then use the transpose to move the whole song up or down like a capo would do on a guitar I use this regulary on my Tyros to play in guitar frendly keys .

#414487 - 01/11/16 10:35 AM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: musicforyourday]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday

why are you transposing -5 on 1 track and all the other stay the same I think you would want all to be in the same key and then use the transpose to move the whole song up or down like a capo would do on a guitar I use this regulary on my Tyros to play in guitar frendly keys .

I recorded the initial backing sequence -5....now when I go to change the piano or add a different instrument I have to play in F rather than C....

Because if I hit transpose the whole sequence goes down...Does that make sense?

#414497 - 01/11/16 01:11 PM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: Steve A]
The_g-man Offline

Loc: Republic of Ireland
You could go to make an edit of the piano sound, and transpose each layer down to the key you need. This would only be an emergency workaround, and should be ok with only a couple of layers on piano.

It still feels silly to me that such expensive instruments are perfectly capable of having different sounds saved at different octaves at the same time, but have no direct option to save on different keys. Even if it was a feature you unlocked through a menu, it may not suit everyone.

#414514 - 01/11/16 06:35 PM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: The_g-man]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By: The_g-man
You could go to make an edit of the piano sound, and transpose each layer down to the key you need. This would only be an emergency workaround, and should be ok with only a couple of layers on piano.

Actually you did give me a workaround...I think....Go back and transpose all tracks up +5...then I should be able to go -5 and record additional tracks

Wow....what a hassle but it should work...

#415417 - 01/27/16 07:56 PM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

FINALLY SOMEONE GAVE ME THE SOLUTION. Used my head & went to the KORG PA 3X Forum....Thanks to Reuben

"In Sequencer Mode hold down Shift and press Transpose button. Now untick Transpose applies to Player 1 & 2.

Now when you press Transpose b or # buttons only what you play will be transposed and not the song".

#415423 - 01/27/16 09:29 PM Re: PA 4 or 3X Transpose track AFTER backing record? [Re: Steve A]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good to know Steve, in case I ever want to do that! There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the Korg forum, but not quite as many friendly ones who like to talk about football as there are here! smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online