SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#414065 - 01/03/16 11:42 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, I can't hear a hill of beans difference in quality between any of the recordings.

Gary cool

Well Gary some are styles S970, Under the Boardwalk, & Save the Last Dance...& some are Mp3 backing tracks I customized with added parts etc,....all done with Tascam Dr-40

Edited by Dnj (01/03/16 11:43 AM)

#414072 - 01/03/16 01:20 PM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It would be a better comparison if you posted the same song on each device.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#414073 - 01/03/16 01:36 PM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

Everything sounded good Donny though I must confess the "Maybe Gals" in the one track were too loud for backup. They also sounded sub par.
On New Years Eve I played at a friend's party. When I took a break the Karaoke came out. I noticed that a lot of the time the people struggled to sing in the key of the track and as I mentioned above the back up singers were often sub par. Can you demo those Karaoke CD tracks before purchase, or are you stuck with what you get? At least in the case of what was used on the Karaoke machine at the party, I was not impressed with the quality. Your tracks were pretty decent except for the back up in that one song.
Do you have to invest a lot of time in searching out quality tracks?

As Gary stated, if you used different recorders the difference in quality was pretty much non-existent.

God Bless,
Don

#414075 - 01/03/16 01:45 PM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Don.... These were cold tests there are ways to correct the harmony volum,etc, .... Just a test at this point..... Take care

#414076 - 01/03/16 01:54 PM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80

On New Years Eve I played at a friend's party. When I took a break the Karaoke came out. I noticed that a lot of the time the people struggled to sing in the key of the track and as I mentioned above the back up singers were often sub par. Can you demo those Karaoke CD tracks before purchase, or are you stuck with what you get? At least in the case of what was used on the Karaoke machine at the party, I was not impressed with the quality.
God Bless,
Don

Don ... Since I started singing with a female vocalist using back-up tracks -'karaoke' frown I found that you can change the key of the song, but as you go higher background voices get 'chipmonk-ish' and when you go lower they get 'bassy' ...

#414111 - 01/04/16 09:37 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... just to clarify in my (alleged) mind ... you used the s970 styles and mp3s but they were all played through the s970, correct?
In that case, wouldn't the sounds of the recordings be very similar, unless you adjusted vocal settings, eq, etc, on each recording? ... In which case it would be better to hear the same song recorded with different settings ...

BTW ... they all sound good ...

#414112 - 01/04/16 10:08 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi Donny- I really liked everything I heard. Please tell me the name of the style for "Under The Board Walk".

I can't wait to hear the rest of your recording project!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#414115 - 01/04/16 10:39 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Hi Donny- I really liked everything I heard. Please tell me the name of the style for "Under The Board Walk".

I can't wait to hear the rest of your recording project!

Paul the style is the Yamaha 8Beat Adria cool2

#414116 - 01/04/16 10:45 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... just to clarify in my (alleged) mind ... you used the s970 styles and mp3s but they were all played through the s970, correct?
In that case, wouldn't the sounds of the recordings be very similar, unless you adjusted vocal settings, eq, etc, on each recording? ... In which case it would be better to hear the same song recorded with different settings ...

BTW ... they all sound good ...

No Tony two songs Boardwalk, save the last dance, were Yamaha styles I played thru the S970,.....using 8Bbeat Adria, and Organ Cha Chathe rest were custom commercial Mp3 backing tracks that I edited using different methods, using some audio Pc programs, & some playing multitrack parts with the S970.
Hope this helps your alleged mind & thanx for the listen.. laugh2

#414129 - 01/04/16 11:58 AM Re: Test Recording.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"alleged mind" ??? I'm pretty sure his mind is for real, though maybe beat down some over the years. smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online