SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 31 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
#393532 - 09/21/14 10:06 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: PatSar63
Hi Guys,

I have a persistent issue with my AjamSonic Audya4 connected to my V-accordion Roland FR-8x.
Each time I change a voice, I can hear the new sound but it is mixed with the last GM sound which have been selected before. The last GM sound is always sounding even I change to a Preset or program or Ram/Ins voice.
I believed the 2voice was activated but it is not.

I released the Ram/Ins memory. But no effect. Has somebody get the same issue or does someone know the workaround ?

Thanks in advance - Patrick

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Patrick,

what MIDI-Channels is the FR-8x sending and what (MIDI)-Setting do you use in your Audya ?
It looks like in the "RX" section 2 "AUDYA-Voices" are listening to the same channel... ( or the FR-8x is sending at 2 different channels at the same time ).

I assume you´re talking about sounds of "right-Hand" ( Diskant ) of the FR-8x. Or do you mean bass or chords ?

Originally Posted By: PatSar63
Great thanks Snoopy,

No more issue and you guessed absolutely the root cause.
As I changes the channels, I was fixed on CHannel 2 (because I didn't read precisely enough your answer). But this morning, I came back in the Midi settings menu and I found out the Voices/GM page. I believed I never went on this page but obviously I did. I delete CH1 on the first line and that's it.
I want to thank you again : I didn't used the right hand sound for several weeks because of that.

Now I know that this midi settings page exists, maybe there are useful features to be used. Could you explain to me what the roles of those settings and some examples of what could be interesting here ?

Regards - Patrick

#393816 - 09/26/14 06:23 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
My Audya5 does not work with my new notebook 64bit (usb)

#401238 - 04/09/15 01:43 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

#401283 - 04/10/15 01:34 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
kierc.0857 Offline

Just on this guys, i presume there is no way to have the lyrics keep scrolling do on there own, like in a midi file ( i know there's no melody line), just figured id ask.

#401983 - 05/04/15 04:54 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

#405117 - 07/18/15 09:51 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Why would I now look for an opportunity to give up my Audya for a Tyros 5, especially me, Henni? Many are shocked by it.

Here's what it is,

I've finally figured it out after spending some more time on the Audya. The Audya is for real musicians who can play for real with their right hand. All the voices are there, but you the player must use them. In return you get the most realistic backing ever.

The Yamaha is good for me because I'm more of a programmer than a real time musician. I can push buttons, play chords, use intros & endings for better effects. I can utilise all the "Wow" of an arranger, but I cannot play in real time. Hence the Yamaha is better suited for me. By merely pushing the right buttons, I can create spectacular stuff, but really it is the arranger doing it and not me.

I say again, the Audya does EVERYTHING exceptionally well that Fran describes. He would fall in love with it quickly. DonM plays guitar & other instruments on an keybed like the real thing. So he'll get the best out of the stunning voices of the Audya & the styles won't over power his playing.

So, the Audya is good for real musicians, the Yamaha also. But it has enough wow things which can be had by the simple push of a button so that someone like me can also create some stunning stuff with it.

You start off with most Yamaha intros & viola, the WOW! is there before you've even started the song. Good for me, but bad for a real musician who wants to play the intro himself as it sounds in the original song.

We do Gospel, so any intro goes as we do not imitate any specific music. I press intro in the middle of a song and WOW! again. a True musician would NEVER do that. Ketron specifically created intros in such a way that is does not effect the song to be played. Good for a real musician, but bad for me...

So, an Audya in the hands of a true musician sounds truly amazing, even spectacular. But the Yamaha in my hands, also sounds spectacular, but it's mostly the arranger doing the "wow" & not me. Hence I like busy styles as I cannot contribute anything else to it apart from the right chords.

Henni

#405122 - 07/18/15 11:12 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for an honest answer my friend. I am sure many of us now understand better.

Bernie

#407441 - 08/28/15 10:45 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: necdetdoni
Take a SD7 style
Change extension .KST To .MID
Open file in the Audya style compiler with compile midi files option
Create a PAT file for Audya

Enjoy smile

#407804 - 09/05/15 11:58 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Here's a tip,

I get a lot of questions from the Yamaha users lately with regards to AJ's Latin styles, just by them listening to his demos on his web. I'm not at all into Latin styles, so I never bothered to audition those properly.

Well, I went through all those styles tonight & I have to say: Wow!!! Awesome stuff. His bass sections on all those styles are superb to say the least. So I checked & saw his bass volume is nice & high and reverb set to 20 for most style bass parts.

I then went through all the other onboard Latin styles, cranked the bass up, set reverb to 20 & saved those as new styles (Rember, you CANNOT save any styles modified by AJ to the original name without loosing the usefulness of the style totally...Be very, very cautious of this) Viola, those Latin styles really came alive!

So now I'll go through every style on my Audya & do the same for the bass parts. This will keep me rather busy for awhile.

Anyway, thought I'd share this tip/suggestion with you all.

Cheers,

Henni

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Henni ... there you go ... giving away my secrets :-)

The editor on the AUDYA is superb - just needs everyone to tweak so it is comfortable for them.

Latin/Caribbean music has a unique hunger for bass and drums ... don't try those settings with a Jazz/Waltz style :-(

#407902 - 09/06/15 11:57 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi,

In this thread I'll share all my tweaked user styles with you. I have a great many styles, but these are the ones good enough to include in my every day style selection section, right along with AJ's styles & the default factory styles.

Enjoy,

Henni

Page 28 of 31 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online