SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#413057 - 12/14/15 11:37 AM Weighted keyboard
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Anyone play a weighted keyboard for enjoyment? Just curious.

I bought the DGX650 just to have the experience of playing a (simulated)weighted keyboard.

Gotta say I'm enjoying the experience. That said, my wife, who does play piano is quite content to take our Tyros or PSR S970 out on gigs.

Thing is, I'm beginning to see why piano players might go through the hassle of dragging an 88 key/keyboard to a gig. That includes two close friends of mine.

Thoughts?

Edited by guitpic1 (12/14/15 11:39 AM)

#413059 - 12/14/15 11:50 AM Re: Weighted keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: guitpic1
Anyone play a weighted keyboard for enjoyment? Just curious.

I bought the DGX650 just to have the experience of playing a (simulated)weighted keyboard.

Gotta say I'm enjoying the experience. That said, my wife, who does play piano is quite content to take our Tyros or PSR S970 out on gigs.

Thing is, I'm beginning to see why piano players might go through the hassle of dragging an 88 key/keyboard to a gig. That includes two close friends of mine.

Thoughts?

To get the best performnace, hammer weighted keys for (solo) piano are almost a must in my book...

However, synth or organkeys are a must for playing organs, and many fats synth piecess..

In the end, you want to have both...

However, if i had to choose one, i would choose hammeraction piano keys above organ keys.. It fits my playingstyle so much better...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#413064 - 12/14/15 12:04 PM Re: Weighted keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yep, all comes down to personal choice in the end

Bill

#413101 - 12/14/15 11:39 PM Re: Weighted keyboard [Re: abacus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx. It's not practical for performing, but I do like the interaction with 88 keys

#413113 - 12/15/15 07:24 AM Re: Weighted keyboard [Re: guitpic1]
Beakybird Offline

I love playing the digital piano at home. I was able to get the Casio PX-160 for $400 + a $50 Musiciansfriend gift card. I have it paired up with Pianoteq 5, 2 KRK Rokit 6 G3 speakers, and Sennheiser HD650 headphones and it sounds divine. I can't believe how responsive this Casio is given its $350 price.

But for me, weighted keys are perfect for acoustic and electric pianos, not for guitars and organs.

For gigs, I solely use the PSR-S970.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online