SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412719 - 12/07/15 04:14 PM Rating your performance.
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
How would you rate your performance (% allocation to your tools (arranger keyboard, sound system ... Etc) and you)?

In this example, i believe 90% goes to the player and 10% goes to the tools.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidAvocadoWolfe/videos/10152914050666512/

What say you?

#412729 - 12/07/15 07:19 PM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: Ketron_AJ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
85 percent player and 15 percent tools for me.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412739 - 12/08/15 05:28 AM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: Ketron_AJ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It all depends on your playing skills. If you are are great top player on your instrument than I'll say it's 99% player and 1% instrument. Doesn't matter which instrument.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412746 - 12/08/15 07:56 AM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: mirza]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Excellent video and interesting question to ponder. Definitely most credit to the highly skilled and creative performer.

Arranger keyboards is a whole different ball game and including your equipment and PA makes the question fairly complex and isn't easy to answer once you think about it. Firstly, an arranger keyboard is very versatile and powerful tool, but depends how you use it.

For simple sit and play, if you are using full auto-backing, you have to give a large credit to the arranger keyboard because of all the backing channels. I would say 60-40 for the arranger and even more in favour of the better sound system.

If you add vocal skills of the player, you can easily go 60-40 for the player/vocalist. A really good vocalist using an arranger keyboard with top sound system, I would still favour the player 70-30.

Interesting thought though. If you now consider the player's arranging skill, audio knowledge, and how well the player uses the arranger keyboard or how good the arranger's features and sound is, how now would the scales tip? Towards the player for his/her knowledge and skill or the arranger keyboard/sound system for the level of features or sound quality/ realism?

Even then, it depends on what the player is doing at the time on the arranger keyboard. A full blown complex auto-arrangement through a quality keyboard with chord play and basic playing I would say 60-40 for the arranger keyboard, but if the player is soloing a great piano piece and perhaps singing well, you would have to flip that in favour of the player or even 70-30 for the player.

Interesting question. Enjoyed pondering that over a coffee this morning.

Regards, Marcus

#412750 - 12/08/15 08:19 AM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: Ketron_AJ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think it's impossible to put numbers on it, but interesting thoughts.

#412752 - 12/08/15 08:40 AM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I think it's impossible to put numbers on it, but interesting thoughts.

exactly Don wink

#412758 - 12/08/15 10:13 AM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: Ketron_AJ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I travel a lot throughout Mexico, and I heard some very talented arranger keyboard players playing on very outdated keyboards and sub par sound systems but their talented still shined through. Even though I am constantly lusting after all the latest keyboards, I am a firm believer in what my signature below says.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#412805 - 12/09/15 02:19 PM Re: Rating your performance. [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

You got it DonM. Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online