SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#412165 - 11/28/15 09:44 AM 2016, the year of the keyboard..
Bachus Offline

What to expect in 2015 when it comes to keyboards?

It might become a phenomenall year to remember

Yamaha
-show off of new technollogy
-Motif replacement at Namm
-Tyros 6 late 2016

Roland
-New workstation based on super naturall and abc technollogy
-new arranger module

Korg
-first offspring of the pa4x
-new features for pa4x
-havian 400 Pro
-lots of ipad stuff and integration with their current machines.
-a korg version of reface/boutique

Ketron
-Audia replacement

Kurzweil
-pC4k based on Forte technollogy..

Nord
-a new duall manuall hybrid organ/piano/synth 2x76 keys, lower manuall piano keys

Wersi
-an arranger keyboard based on OAX technollogy, the new abbacus..

Casio
-px-5s replacement, with addition of more synth and organ stuff being a true Nord stage contender

Kawai
-Master midi controller with the perfect touch of kawai

Nektar
-88 key version of the panorama

Looks quite promissing at the high end this upcomming year...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412166 - 11/28/15 09:52 AM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I'm really quite happy with what we have now....the sounds & styles are beyond our wildest dreams,....add some playing chops and your on your way to happiness!..we've come a long way already,.....if they never make another arranger KB it wouldn't bother me in the least,
I can create some awesome music with what I have now,...
yea a few physical & navigational improvements here and there would be nice but not that necessary at this point. cool2

Edited by Dnj (11/28/15 10:12 AM)

#412169 - 11/28/15 12:04 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
I'm really quite happy with what we have now....the sounds & styles are beyond our wildest dreams,....add some playing chops and your on your way to happiness!..we've come a long way already,.....if they never make another arranger KB it wouldn't bother me in the least,
yea a few physical & navigational improvements here and there would be nice but not that necessary at this point. cool2

Actually the part of me that sits behind the keys agrees with you...

But the part of me that sits on the couch next to his wife browsing the interwebs on his ipad keeps finding new and interesting possibilities..

Tough when i look deep in my heart, i dont miss those possibilities when playing my Tyros and Kronos...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412170 - 11/28/15 12:07 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

But the part of me that sits on the couch next to his wife browsing the interwebs on his ipad keeps finding new and interesting possibilities..

Tough when i look deep in my heart, i dont miss those possibilities when playing my Tyros and Kronos...

Some times you gotta look in the mirror and say to yourself...
"DO I REALLY NEED THIS?".... just sayin' cool2

#412171 - 11/28/15 12:16 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
But I'm WORTH it! smile

#412174 - 11/28/15 01:50 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

And how many times have you said "NO".....just sayin' smile .

chas

#412176 - 11/28/15 02:10 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
the last time Donny said no was when Nancy asked him if he bought another keyboard. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412177 - 11/28/15 03:06 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

And how many times have you said "NO".....just sayin' smile .

chas

Anyone that knows me I used to be a wild buyer thru the years and I mean wild..lol... but in the last few years I have calmed down a bit with buying gear,....I sold off all the gear that I don't use in my everyday world,...nothing laying around in closets gathering dust anymore it's all gone,..except for assorted some cables,
I was never a hoarder with gear or anything in my life.
If I don't use it it's outta here. Yes I'll try a new keyboard but as you can see in my last two outings SD7/Pa900 they both didn't last long and I learned a very good lesson besides....
Yamaha is my Ax my friends keys .....I'm Excited about the S970 coming also mostly for the bigger display and a few other features dual knob control, etc, a logical upgrade for me,...other then that its gifts for the family & friends for Christmas,...I'm pretty much set musically for now. Thank you for your concern Chas,....
Happy Holidays to you & your Family.

#412180 - 11/28/15 04:12 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I do it all the time my problem is a dual addiction to cameras and keyboards. Camera bodies can be expensive enough, but start adding lenses and it's another story.

Canon L Series 24-70 mm f2.8 $1799

#412182 - 11/28/15 10:28 PM Re: 2016, the year of the keyboard.. [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Bring it on Ketron!!! Can't wait for those live studio recorded human choir voice sections which I'm sure would be included. Also many, many more pre-programmed midi & audio loops to be simply browsed into any part of any style! Way to go!!! I am having a ball with those as it still keeps my six year old Audya "new". Also, I'm sure start-up time will no longer be more than five minutes.

I also expect new guitar voices similar to Yamaha's Mega guitar voice technology. Man, it keeps on getting better & better!!! The SD7 styles are AMAZINGLY real & thus the new Audya styles will even be better as it will include many pure audio sections!

For me Yamaha is WOW!!! & Ketron is REAL!!! I like both very, very much and I'm looking forward to more of it - never too old for more...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online