SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#412039 - 11/25/15 09:47 PM Logic Pro X drummer
Bachus Offline

This is how the future drums in an arranger should work..

Logic Pro X drummer... its just so much fun to play around with.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412042 - 11/26/15 01:09 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It will scare the daylights out of the main arranger customer, (Home Hobby Player) so if you want something like that, you will always need to use it on a laptop and connect the laptop to the arranger.

While 99% of arranger customers are happy for new sounds & effects (Hence these types of VSTs are ideal to be added), in depth editing and creation are so for down the scale that you would need the Hubble space telescope to see them, thus there is no way arranger manufactures are going to lose sales just to please a few techie’s

Bill

#412047 - 11/26/15 03:44 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
It will scare the daylights out of the main arranger customer, (Home Hobby Player) so if you want something like that, you will always need to use it on a laptop and connect the laptop to the arranger.

While 99% of arranger customers are happy for new sounds & effects (Hence these types of VSTs are ideal to be added), in depth editing and creation are so for down the scale that you would need the Hubble space telescope to see them, thus there is no way arranger manufactures are going to lose sales just to please a few techie’s

Bill

I agree Bill ..start up "Push & Play" is King.. keys

#412052 - 11/26/15 04:50 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

Bill

90% of the arranger players will never use it...

Tough they will definately enjoy the fruits, because of what others create and share with this....

And no, you will not need to use a laptop for this, once arrangers get bigger touchscreens and acceptable processor power you could quite easilly create new drum tracks with this on your arranger...

I am quite convinced that espescially Yamaha will try and add something like this in. A nextvgen Tyros, as its actually easy to opperate withouth much knowledge of drum programming... If you would have played around with it then you would have seen how easy you can get good results with this. Just add one of the knobs (as seen on s970) to a parameter and there you go, easy opperable real time drumchanges...

Yamaha is king in hiding this technollogy behind an easier to opperate interface..

Edited by Bachus (11/26/15 04:52 AM)

#412059 - 11/26/15 08:13 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

This is how the future drums in an arranger should work..

Logic Pro X drummer... its just so much fun to play around with.

Awesome! Yes, very nice program to create realistic drum parts. Perfect for the home studio, but not for the travelling arranger player.

What would be nice to see would be to be able to make your drum tracks through such a program and use the final audio portion towards the audio drum part useable on the Tyros 5 audio style technology. Presently Yamaha does not allow us to create our own audio styles, but if we were able to upload our own audio drum parts, say within the onboard Style Creator feature, we can assemble our own quality audio drum parts in any style combination.

The time stretch and tempo technology is already there in the Tyros 5, of course within a reasonable tempo range, but once created and saved it is just a matter of the conventional "push and play" for gigging. Maybe the next Tyros model, but I doubt arranger manufacturers what to give us this much control.

Marcus

#412121 - 11/27/15 08:46 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: Bachus]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Maybe Logic Pro X could be used this way to make custom midi tracks that can be imported into the new Korg Pa4x built in SMF (Standard MIDI File to Style converter). I don't know if it would be easier to make your own custom styles onboard the Pa4x hardware, it's editor, or import them via the SMF method because I don't understand enough about the Pa4x yet. I'm talking about self-made custom styles from scratch, not taking existing pop song cover MIDIs and importing them.
Hal

#412125 - 11/27/15 10:05 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: Hal2001]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Hal2001
Maybe Logic Pro X could be used this way to make custom midi tracks that can be imported into the new Korg Pa4x built in SMF (Standard MIDI File to Style converter). I don't know if it would be easier to make your own custom styles onboard the Pa4x hardware, it's editor, or import them via the SMF method because I don't understand enough about the Pa4x yet. I'm talking about self-made custom styles from scratch, not taking existing pop song cover MIDIs and importing them.
Hal

Thats probably the best way to make styles... As styles are in the end nothing but a bunch of midi tracks...

Withnthis tool you can export your drums as a midi track...

#412162 - 11/28/15 07:13 AM Re: Logic Pro X drummer [Re: Bachus]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Thanks Bachus.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online