SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#410887 - 11/05/15 07:07 PM New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!!
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

#410889 - 11/05/15 09:48 PM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Good video clearly showing of the differences, love the sound of the PA4x.. esp[escially when styles are used it seems a little more realistic.. tough i think that can only be heared in a direct comparrisson.. Tough where they use the freeplay stylepart with the strings on the T5, it shows some of the strengths of the T5.. The piano of the pa4x is almost on par with the Kronos, but that has 5 of them,,, drums and styles really will make the pa4x sell

Some of the strong points of the T5 didnt make the video, SA2 voices, organ world and ensemble for excample..

In the end, i would be happy with both, tough there is no reason to change from t5 to pa4x, the differences except for the piano can only be heared in a direct comparisson.. and when i do a feature comparrison, the T5 still has some things to offer over the pa4x when it comes to options... where the pa4x has the better controll scheme..

I dare call this a draw?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#410894 - 11/06/15 02:00 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Mikem]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Online demos are not the best way to tell what an instrument sounds like in the real world, (You don’t know what they are connected to and recording/processing system used) however I have to say the Korg wins hands down, as a lot of the sounds and styles do sound like what I am used to listening to live music. (Real players and instruments)

I must admit the more I hear the T5, the more I can understand why a lot of owners have gone back to a T4, as overall the T4 just sounds more real. (Roll on T6 as if Yamaha follow form it will be a real cracker)

Don’t forget if Korg follows form, in a few months down the line Korg will probably add a lot more features and sounds in a free update. (Roland used to do the same)

Bill

#410899 - 11/06/15 04:47 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Mikem]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Just wait till the next Tyros (or whatever they call it)comes to life. I am sure it will be a keyboard that will please us all.
Lloyd

#410903 - 11/06/15 05:43 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Just wait till the next Tyros (or whatever they call it)comes to life. I am sure it will be a keyboard that will please us all.
Lloyd

The Motif replacement called montage is knockling at the Doors of Winter Namm, there Yamaha will show of the technollogy one can expect with the Tyros 6..

This montage combined with Varranger and external Karma running on a tablet PC might even be the perfect soundsouyce for Yamaha styles.. Unless offcourse Yamaha themselves add an ipad app that allows you to play styles using the sounds of the Montage...

#410904 - 11/06/15 05:48 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Good video clearly showing of the differences, love the sound of the PA4x.. esp[escially when styles are used it seems a little more realistic.. tough i think that can only be heared in a direct comparrisson.. Tough where they use the freeplay stylepart with the strings on the T5, it shows some of the strengths of the T5.. The piano of the pa4x is almost on par with the Kronos, but that has 5 of them,,, drums and styles really will make the pa4x sell

Some of the strong points of the T5 didnt make the video, SA2 voices, organ world and ensemble for excample..

In the end, i would be happy with both, tough there is no reason to change from t5 to pa4x, the differences except for the piano can only be heared in a direct comparisson.. and when i do a feature comparrison, the T5 still has some things to offer over the pa4x when it comes to options... where the pa4x has the better controll scheme..

I dare call this a draw?

Good points, Bachus. I prefered the Korg for its strings, among others, and the Tyros for its pipe organ sound.

I hate to admit it, but there's something really live and real with Korg's drums and styles. I hope the next Tyros will go more in that direction. Or, they should have a knob or slider that regulates this; more live or more polished.

Too bad, like you said, that they didn't showcase the SA2 voices. Organ World and Ensemble on the Tyros. Maybe, the Tyros is the most realistic for its individual voices, and Korg for its styles. I would be great to have both keyboards!

I think you're lucky to have the Tyros, though!

I hope to see more of these type of comparison videos. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

#410905 - 11/06/15 05:50 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: abacus]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Online demos are not the best way to tell what an instrument sounds like in the real world, (You don’t know what they are connected to and recording/processing system used) however I have to say the Korg wins hands down, as a lot of the sounds and styles do sound like what I am used to listening to live music. (Real players and instruments)

I must admit the more I hear the T5, the more I can understand why a lot of owners have gone back to a T4, as overall the T4 just sounds more real. (Roll on T6 as if Yamaha follow form it will be a real cracker)

Don’t forget if Korg follows form, in a few months down the line Korg will probably add a lot more features and sounds in a free update. (Roland used to do the same)

Bill

It's interesting to hear you say that the Tyros 4 sounds more real. I wonder how many on this forum feel the same way?

#410906 - 11/06/15 05:54 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Lloyd

The Motif replacement called montage is knockling at the Doors of Winter Namm, there Yamaha will show of the technollogy one can expect with the Tyros 6..

This montage combined with Varranger and external Karma running on a tablet PC might even be the perfect soundsouyce for Yamaha styles.. Unless offcourse Yamaha themselves add an ipad app that allows you to play styles using the sounds of the Montage...

I hope you're right about the Montage coming this winter Namm. My Motif XF came out in 2010. We've never had to wait so long between Motifs. I hope it will be fantastic, with new and better orchestral voices, and perhaps more like an arranger, too!

#410910 - 11/06/15 07:33 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Originally Posted By: abacus

Bill

It's interesting to hear you say that the Tyros 4 sounds more real. I wonder how many on this forum feel the same way?

Yeah right, t4 more real then t5.... There is a reason why i did not respomd to this... The only reason i have heared for people returning the T5 is that they lack the skill to make use of the new features like ensemble features...

#410915 - 11/06/15 08:40 AM Re: New Tyros 5 vs. Korg Pa4X Demo!!! [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Assigning 0 to 5 points for the realism of the first sounds, my score would be:

Tyros 5 / PA-4X
Piano: 3 / 5
Big Strings: 3 / 1,5 frown
Full Pipe Organ: 5 / 4,5
Solo Violin: 3,5 / 5
Nylon Guitar: 5 / 5

Edited by rosetree (11/06/15 08:42 AM)