Very enjoyable thanx...

#410435 - 10/29/15 05:10 PM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
You're welcome!

#410599 - 11/01/15 03:22 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Korg Pa4x still suffers of bad retriggering notes if you don't push fill buttons or change chords at exactly the CORRECT time. This has always been a problem of korg arrangers, Roland was better on handling this. I didn't ever tried a Yamaha arranger so I can't tell about Yamaha arrangers.

#410649 - 11/01/15 05:44 PM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
That's good to know, mrdave.

#410650 - 11/01/15 05:50 PM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Korg arrangers are known for this...

#410653 - 11/01/15 08:53 PM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: mrdave]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: mrdave
Korg Pa4x still suffers of bad retriggering notes if you don't push fill buttons or change chords at exactly the CORRECT time. This has always been a problem of korg arrangers, Roland was better on handling this. I didn't ever tried a Yamaha arranger so I can't tell about Yamaha arrangers.

Yamaha is perfect in timing.Even if you trigger a little early , it will trigger in sync with the beat. All fills and breaks. The complaint by some is "it's too predictable".
We'll, like predictable, I don't like unwanted surprises, especially with fills and breaks too late or too early.

I think it's the coding when they program. Someone (IT expert) from this forum once mentioned that Korg and Roland use a similar coding for styles and Yamaha uses the other.

#410655 - 11/02/15 02:48 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: jamman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jamman
Originally Posted By: mrdave

Yamaha is perfect in timing.Even if you trigger a little early , it will trigger in sync with the beat. All fills and breaks. The complaint by some is "it's too predictable".
We'll, like predictable, I don't like unwanted surprises, especially with fills and breaks too late or too early.

I think it's the coding when they program. Someone (IT expert) from this forum once mentioned that Korg and Roland use a similar coding for styles and Yamaha uses the other.

I think there is a setting on Yamaha that by default has chords change on the measure... You can switch that to chordchanges on the beat, or even realtime (which is the default on Korg)

Tough i can not check it as i am not at home....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#410658 - 11/02/15 04:32 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
KETRON is similar to Yamaha with the triggering which triggers in sync with the beat.

The problem on the Korg is it appears to 're-trigger' when you press the fill in and as such if you press it slightly off beat, it 're-triggers' the chords (especially the chord track with a percussive instrument like Piano or string instrument like Guitar which are more noticeable). If you mute these tracks, the fill in/break works well.

#410659 - 11/02/15 04:37 AM Re: Korg Pa4x Sounds and Styles Demo [Re: Mikem]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I find the KETRON Audya much, much more forgiving in this than my Yamaha PSR S950, even though the Yamaha is very good at this. However, the Audya is even better in this regard for sure! I also like the fact that you can select whether certain style sections should be re-triggered or not on the Audya along with the possibility of selecting the style to follow the chords parallel, close or in just the normal way, so you can have it EXACTLY as you want it - there are indeed quite a few adjustable parameters on the Audya that I have not seen on the other brands as yet so one can tailor the response to ones own personal liking.

I know this thread is about Korg, but now that I have started to modify all my best midi only styles to my personal liking by using the on-board style loops & changing them into audio styles, I fell head over heels in love with the Audya all over again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online