SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#410120 - 10/25/15 03:11 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was just using the song as an example of the website. He openly admits the songs there are his own versions. My post said the arrangements were interesting.
And I have seldom seen sheet music that accurately reflects the way a song is played. I actually haven't listened to Ray's version in years, and I'm probably not close to that either. Maybe closer to Willie's. By the way, I think Willie is much underrated as a musician.
Chas, if you want to be helpful instead of critical, you can simply post the correct chords.
I strongly agree we need helpful constructive criticism of posted songs. I have learned a lot from posting my mistakes here. Diki used to be helpful, though not tactful. smile While I'm rambling, he is about an inch away from being banned on Korg Forum, even though I think he is right on what he is saying there. A lot depends on how you say it!

To audiopic1: Please don't be discouraged from posting your songs. We DO mean well, all of us. smile

#410121 - 10/25/15 03:17 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

I found this. Not far off from what I play, but it's in G and I do it in C.
http://sheets-piano.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Ray-Charles-The-Piano-Transcriptions.pdf

#410122 - 10/25/15 04:00 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
This is a test
C G7 C
Mary had a l;ittle lamb, little lamb, little lamb
C Em7b5 A7b9 D7 Dm7 Db7#9 Ab,Bb.Cmaj7,9
Mary had a l;ittle lamb, it's fleece was white as snow.

Just as I thought everything formatted different than the way I structured it and I look like an A$$. If Mary had a little lamb formatted wrong with a few passing chords. How would Georgia posted here look with 38,000 chords, eh Gary. Thanks for making me look like a fool. Ha ha

Edited by brickboo (10/25/15 04:05 PM)

#410123 - 10/25/15 04:08 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
brickboo Offline

Chas, why are we here beating our heads against a brick wall. All they are interested in is the money they make. The audience doesn't know jack any way, so, as Hillary says, "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE."

#410124 - 10/25/15 04:11 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just having fun, Boo. wink I knew the chords were wrong when I heard Ron's MP3, but like he said, he's still learning the song, which is always a challenge, at least for me, the three chord guy. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/25/15 04:12 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#410126 - 10/25/15 04:26 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Boo you don't have to keep telling us how many chords you know and that you think we aren't really musicians, because we don't care.

#410127 - 10/25/15 04:28 PM Re: Georgia [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM

Chas, if you want to be helpful instead of critical, you can simply post the correct chords.

Well I guess the clear implication here is that I'm critical and NOT helpful. It seems no matter how I try to phrase things, it's going to be perceived as negative. And if I said absolutely nothing and just posted the correct chords (as a response to a posted performance), how would THAT be perceived?

I strongly agree we need helpful constructive criticism of posted songs.

But what? by only certain members? and who decides what is constructive and what is negative? and what part of what I said was 'critical'/negative? I was merely agreeing with Boo that if one truly wants to learn a new song, I'd think they would want to learn it correctly first before modifying it.

chas

#410129 - 10/25/15 04:35 PM Re: Georgia [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
12109049_1323605311077732_2452407255995882867_n.jpg

#410131 - 10/25/15 04:57 PM Re: Georgia [Re: guitpic1]
brickboo Offline

Nobody is fussing and fighting. It used to be more fun fussing and fighting with Uncle Dave, but since he is now an idol and looked up to by many kids, he needs to set the proper example and he's retired from fussing and fighting, and I'm proud to say that I think I played a big part in helping him in this endeavor by not picking on him any move. I love Uncle Dave.

Chas the chords won't stay formatted correctly on this site. Don't even try it. It will work if there is just one chord to a whole line like the songs DonM and Gary play. Ha ha ha. DonM Gary the Devil made me say this. Please don't get mad. I love you guys too. Really

#410134 - 10/25/15 05:23 PM Re: Georgia [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

Well I guess the clear implication here is that I'm critical and NOT helpful. It seems no matter how I try to phrase things, it's going to be perceived as negative. And if I said absolutely nothing and just posted the correct chords (as a response to a posted performance), how would THAT be perceived?

I strongly agree we need helpful constructive criticism of posted songs.

But what? by only certain members? and who decides what is constructive and what is negative? and what part of what I said was 'critical'/negative? I was merely agreeing with Boo that if one truly wants to learn a new song, I'd think they would want to learn it correctly first before modifying it.

chas

Damn it Chas, I can't seem to keep from hurting your feelings, and I hope you know that isn't my intention, ever.
I didn't say JUST post the chords and don't comment. You are one of the guys who's knowledge of music and feel for playing it I highly respect. I re-read your post. Maybe I read it too hastily the first time, and I apologize for saying something that I can see was easily misconstrued, even though I didn't mean it that way.
And Boo, it seems the jazz enthusiasts are always so ready to look down upon the rest of us, who are here because we play and love arrangers. It is not necessary to play every passing chord and embellishment we know to make a song sound good. Some of us aren't that good, but we can still make music. And there is nothing wrong with being successful enough at it to make a little money.
I'm so sorry this thread has turned into this, and I regret being at least a part of the reason.
I'm going to watch football now. Maybe I'll play When The Saints Go Marching In and use all three chords.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online