SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 34 of 39 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39 >
Topic Options
#409650 - 10/15/15 11:34 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Pretty quiet here. No updates, no interest. Lloyd

#409652 - 10/15/15 12:07 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Until that big update is offered you might not see much past the initial excitement when it was released...

#409659 - 10/15/15 10:27 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Until that big update is offered you might not see much past the initial excitement when it was released...

Not going to reread this whole topic...

But out of interest, what is supposed to be improved with that big update?

In general even the biggest updates dont change an instrument much, but only repair small things...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#409660 - 10/15/15 10:45 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Promised updates include mostly things that should have been there in the first place. A couple of the things are: associating text files with Registrations, adding two more fingering modes, vocal harmony improvements, maybe more styles.
There are more things, but I tend to remember the ones that affect me!
They supposedly are working on multipads, not sure if they'll make this version though.
AJ has told me that the update is finished and they are testing it to be sure everything is right before releasing it.

#409664 - 10/16/15 06:00 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I will not be surprised to see other good things coming for SD7 owners. Problem with all this is like Don said - most of these will be things that should have been available on the initial release. All this said, I am using my SD7 nearly every day for my gigs and have not had one moment of buyers remorse! The reaction I am getting from my audiences is outstanding - unlike any I have ever gotten using my Yamaha or Korg keyboards. So, for me, even without anything else coming I feel very pleased with what I have in the SD7. I would post more videos of gigs but that would be redundant and probably not interesting to most folks. Anyway, we will see how it all works out.

Deane

#409667 - 10/16/15 06:24 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Promised updates include mostly things that should have been there in the first place. A couple of the things are: associating text files with Registrations, adding two more fingering modes, vocal harmony improvements, maybe more styles.
There are more things, but I tend to remember the ones that affect me!

With that big display the text/reg issue should be at the top of the list whats the holdup?

#409669 - 10/16/15 06:36 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I will not be surprised to see other good things coming for SD7 owners. Problem with all this is like Don said - most of these will be things that should have been available on the initial release. All this said, I am using my SD7 nearly every day for my gigs and have not had one moment of buyers remorse! The reaction I am getting from my audiences is outstanding - unlike any I have ever gotten using my Yamaha or Korg keyboards. So, for me, even without anything else coming I feel very pleased with what I have in the SD7. I would post more videos of gigs but that would be redundant and probably not interesting to most folks. Anyway, we will see how it all works out.

Deane

I read some reviews over on german websites, and they where all possitive about the styles and sounds...

But dissapointed with the stabillity...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#409670 - 10/16/15 06:49 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Bachus,
For some reason, according to posts on some forums, even Ketron's Audya series has had stability issues. I have never owned an Audya but here is my experience with the SD7. So far, I have not found stability issues with the on board sounds or styles. I have converted over 6000 styles from Ketron legacy modules and keyboards and have auditioned about half of them so far. Many of these "legacy" styles were converted using software and were from Yamaha, Korg, and Roland keyboards. Using these styles I have found some that will hang up the SD7. However, If I use only the styles from Ketron products such as the Midjay I have not had any stability issues. Perhaps this is the same issue the posters talk about on the other forums. It is much like when someone posts they can't get a certain feature to work on a new keyboard you never know how they were trying to use that feature.

Deane

#409679 - 10/16/15 08:11 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My SD7 has been stable. I had an Audya for several years and it never locked up. I'm not one to experiment too much with converted styles, as there are tons of Ketron styles available.
My main issue with SD7, in addition to the text and fingering omissions, is the length and weight. It is manageable, but I'm having problems with the old body. Have to be really careful with my back and knee. I'm finding the Korg easier to deal with when moving, setting up, etc.
I have considered Midjay Pro, but not sure I want to go the module route again either.
The SD7 sure sounds great.

#409682 - 10/16/15 08:28 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Don,
I have the same weight issue with a lot of the keyboards today. You know, in the last 3 years I have had both Cervical and Lumbar spine surgery and I absolutely should not be lifting a lot of weight. That said, I have developed work-a-rounds for times when my wife is not able to go with me to gigs. So far it is working. I have also thought about the Audya module but don't know enough about it to take the plunge. I had a Midjay about 5 years ago but did not care for it. I also have used Dan's vArranger on gigs - but that is another topic for another thread. I was a bit disappointed to see the Audya 61 keyboard weighs in at 37 pounds! After playing my SD7 I was interested in the Audya - but it is just to heavy for me.

I wonder how long it is going to be before Ketron releases the SD7 update???

Deane

Page 34 of 39 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online