NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE...

Posted by: Dnj

NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 05:45 AM

Since today players will start receiving their units I thought I'd start this thread so we can keep all the NEW SD7 reviews in one place to compare notes on the SD7...potential buyers can also read reviews here also in one place...

Thanx

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 06:43 AM

Posted by: DonM

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 12:15 PM

It's deep. Easy to get around. Just getting into it, but needed a coffee break.
Sounds really good.
Will try mic after while.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Sounds really good.

More More More please.... ;-)
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Sounds really good.

Frankiev has some doesn't he ? ... shoot up there and try one yourself ... let me know when and I'll drive down to meet you ... grin

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Sounds really good.

Frankiev has some doesn't he ? ... shoot up there and try one yourself ... let me know when and I'll drive down to meet you ... grin

Tony I'll be at the SD7 ketron workshop on June 27th to see hear & play one, much closer.. cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 01:29 PM

Sounds really good.

Tony I'll be at the SD7 ketron workshop on June 27th to see hear & play one, much closer.. cool2

That's OK, but you won't have a chance to have lunch with ME ! ... grin

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 01:34 PM

Tony.....I was hoping you were going to attend also in DE......
oh well there will be more chances for sure down the road to get together.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 02:19 PM

Vocal and harmony processing really good.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 02:22 PM

I wish they had put the headphone jack in front! Takes a long cord to not get in the way when you're playing. No big deal.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 02:23 PM

I'm listening....

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 02:43 PM

Just got a call from Ernest. Have to go work. I'll get back on this tomorrow. Way too soon to take it to the job!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 03:12 PM

Just got a call from Ernest. Have to go work. I'll get back on this tomorrow. Way too soon to take it to the job!

Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 03:12 PM

Cool! I forgot about it. Temporarily. Hope it's great.
Posted by: mikey_maestro

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/17/15 03:22 PM

How you loving it Don?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 07:24 AM

Posted by: Jerry T

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 07:40 AM

June 28 Donny ...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
June 28 Donny ...
sorry I stand corrected.... June 28th Yea! I'll be there.

Jerry you comin?

keys
Posted by: KORG80

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 08:58 AM

Oh-oh!!! How good?

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 10:12 AM

Don, I will try to record something later with vocal harmony. May not be today. I think it is at least as good as the TC Helicon in my PA900.
Guys, I'm liking it a lot better than I did yesterday, as I get it tweaked a little. By that, I mean setting up some registrations mostly, getting it to remember what I want, loading some of my old custom styles in, etc.
Basically, the Registrations save everything. But you just tell it what parameters to recall when you load. Pretty much like everyone else does it, but the big touch screen and much improved operating system makes it really easy.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 10:28 AM

Thanks Don..... Please keep the information coming!
Posted by: adimatis

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 11:24 AM

Thanks Don, I realize everybody is bombarding you with questions...
But how do compare it, sound wise and style wise, to Roland BK9? Drums, particularly...?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 12:32 PM

It compares very favorably with the Roland. Drums are real drums mostly, and the midi sets are very good also.
The lead sounds are excellent. I am not a big fan of the voices that do everything for you, like SA voices or Korg DNS voices. I want to control when the pitch changes or dynamics. By using joystick, touch sensitivity, aftertouch and pedals you are in control.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 12:59 PM

Yes Donny, I'm planning to go,

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 01:08 PM

Yes Donny, I'm planning to go,

Thats great Jerry....bring your Ketar too ...its gonna be fun paisan

ciao

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/18/15 10:42 PM

I took the SD7 to the job. Had to use a different stand and the one I took didn't have lights illuminating the kb. That is a MUST with the SD7 because you have black buttons on black background and not many of them light up. I had to Cajun-engineer a light so I could see what buttons I was pushing!
I haven't listened to much of the recordings yet, so don't know if I had balances and levels totally correct, but it sounded really good to me and I got lots of good feedback from audience.

List of stuff to address before tomorrow night, or at least before too long:
*Take light.
*Take some style parts out of certain styles, and change a few drum kits. Take out some claps. I hate claps.
*Find out how to play all MP3s in a folder, for breaks.
*Find out how to associate text files with Registrations.
*Change a few more OTS settings. It's quick and easy to do!
*I'll be making more Registrations for months.
*Tweak vocal harmonizer settings.
*Find out how to change and save Second Voice.
*Find out if there are more chord fingering options that I'm not seeing. I want the one that only changes key when you hit three notes at the same time--below the split.
*I'm have a 6-button foot switch. I'm using #1 for Vocal Harmony on/off. Number 6 is for Break. I need to figure out what to assign to the other four. You can assign almost any parameter or task to a switch. I will probably use one for text scroll, one for glide, maybe one to bring in Second Voice.
*I'm sure there is much more!

Good things:
Great sound.
Great key touch and feel.
Touch screen works really well.
I played a midi file. It sounded great.

I'm too tired to do anything now but sleep til 10 a.m. or so!
My first impression is that the keyboard will be a keeper for me.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 05:16 AM

Don I'm happy for you and really appreciate the information your providing all of usas you go along .....
but, I don't know if I should be excited yet about the SD7 until I get my hands on one and actually play it & navigate it's features June 28th at the Ketron Workshop in DE.?....all I can go by is the fact of owning a SD5 a while back, but the SD7 although a close relative is much different in many ways. Can't wait to hear your audition songs from the gig last night also. headphone
Posted by: hammer

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 06:17 AM

Well,
My SD7 Arrived late yesterday in the afternoon just as I was leaving for a gig. Later I opened it up, got it setup and began my adventure as a first time Ketron owner.

First, the touch screen is absolutely awesome! Easiest one I have ever used. Second, making choices with the screen, changing voices on the fly, or changing styles on the fly is a breeze. I have not had time to do much more. Off to 2 gigs today. Will report more here tonight. Oh Yes, the AJam stuff is pretty neat.

By the way. It is so simple to use I considered taking it out to the gigs today.

Later,
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: hammer
Well,
My SD7 Arrived late yesterday in the afternoon just as I was leaving for a gig. Later I opened it up, got it setup and began my adventure as a first time Ketron owner.

First, the touch screen is absolutely awesome! Easiest one I have ever used. Second, making choices with the screen, changing voices on the fly, or changing styles on the fly is a breeze. I have not had time to do much more. Off to 2 gigs today. Will report more here tonight. Oh Yes, the AJam stuff is pretty neat.

By the way. It is so simple to use I considered taking it out to the gigs today.

Later,
Deane

Dean congrats on the SD7 arrival....looking forward to hearing your review and getting it all set up experiences good or bad & of course demos when you get comfy with it.. keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 09:54 AM

[quote=Dnj
but, I don't know if I should be excited yet about the SD7 until I get my hands on one and actually play it & navigate it's features June 28th at the Ketron Workshop in DE. [/quote]

ABSOLUTELY !!!

I would have seriously thought about attending if not for a 'band family' reunion that weekend, as I mentioned in a post a while back ...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 10:05 AM

[quote=Dnj
I would have seriously thought about attending if not for a 'band family' reunion that weekend, as I mentioned in a post a while back ...

Gonna miss you paisan,.....

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 11:44 AM

I took the SD7 to the job. Had to use a different stand and the one I took didn't have lights illuminating the kb. That is a MUST with the SD7 because you have black buttons on black background and not many of them light up. I had to Cajun-engineer a light so I could see what buttons I was pushing!
I haven't listened to much of the recordings yet, so don't know if I had balances and levels totally correct, but it sounded really good to me and I got lots of good feedback from audience.

*Take light.
*Take some style parts out of certain styles, and change a few drum kits. Take out some claps. I hate claps.
*Find out if there are more chord fingering options that I'm not seeing. I want the one that only changes key when you hit three notes at the same time--below the split.
*I'm have a 6-button foot switch. I'm using #1 for Vocal Harmony on/off. Number 6 is for Break. I need to figure out what to assign to the other four. You can assign almost any parameter or task to a switch. I will probably use one for text scroll, one for glide, maybe one to bring in Second Voice.

Good things:
Great sound.
Great key touch and feel.
Touch screen works really well.
I played a midi file. It sounded great.

I'm too tired to do anything now but sleep til 10 a.m. or so!
My first impression is that the keyboard will be a keeper for me.

By exploring the manual,
I have found how to associate text files with Registrations.
I have found how to change and store Second Voice (and other layers if needed.
I have found how to play all files in a folder.
I will have to wait until I get the keyboard in front of me to actually employ these functions, and address some of the other issues mentioned.
More encouraged each day!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 12:23 PM

Good news Don..... Slow but sure... Share what you learn with us.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 01:40 PM

Ketron styles are probably the best... So soundwise you cant go wrong with the SD7

Still my questions have not been answered, not by Ajam, and not by anyone else..

How does the SD7 compare to the midjpro and the audya? I tried to compare them on paper, bit the information on the websites is in a different format for every one of them..

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 01:47 PM

I didn't have Midjpro, but I had Audya for a couple of years. The operating system on SD7 in much improved. Way easier to get around, save things, change things, etc. Big color touch screen is great. Audya of course has audio guitars in many of the factory styles, and it has WAY more factory styles on board.
I like the lead sounds better in SD7.
I still don't have enough practical experience with SD7 to have a complete opinion, but I'm learning fast, mostly on the job at this point!
I'm going in an hour early to adjust some things I learned researching the owners manual today!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 08:36 PM

I recorded a few things with the SD7 but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the WAV file saved to the thumb drive so I can post it. Maybe AJ will chime in here.

Deane
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 09:24 PM

Don,

Some answers as we await DVD manual to follow:-

*Take light.
>>>AJ:- Not sure what to recommend.

>>>AJ:- For this you have to go to STYLE and select the style you want. Remember, you can not save over a factory style but you can start with it, EDIT and save as a USER style under the same STYLE GROUP (eg. Pop).
* Select the style you want.
* Press VOICE & VARIATION to access this neat screen.
* To take out/in style parts, press any of the 3 VARIATION buttons that corresponds to part of the style you want out/in.
* To make modifications to the style, press VIEW - and proceed to edit levels, effects ... etc for the various parts using the group buttons below the screen ... OR ... the buttons to the right of the screen (DRUM, BASS, CHORD, DRUM MIXER ... etc) to edit detailed elements of the style. For each of these selections made, the screen will display various sub-functions related to the group button you selected - eg. if you press DRUM, the screen will also show Auto Fill, Fill to Arranger .. etc - all functions which are related to DRUM

>>>AJ:- Press PLAYER 1 or PLAYER 2.
* Go to the folder where your MP3 files reside
* Press FUNCTION below the screen (bottom right)
* Turn on AUTO PLAY and next to it, set the space (in sec) you want between songs (0 - if you want it to instantly go from song to song ... any space heard will be the space at the end of the current song or at the beginning of the new song within the Mp3 file). You can also select MARKER (for songs that have MARKERS in them) and program the selection to be made immediately, end of bar, end of measure of song ... etc.

>>>AJ:- When you create/save a REGISTRATION, give it the same name as your text file or pdf file. When this registration is recalled, the equivalent text/pdf file will also be recalled.

>>>AJ;- Someone had commented on this not being possible before but it was USER ERROR on their part. It is very easy.... take an existing OTS voice.
* Press and hold down for 2 seconds to EDIT that voice. Within the editor, you can change the OCTAVE, shift, effects ... etc of this voice ... make it your own.
* When done, press SAVE and give this new voice a new name ... then save.
* This voice is now the new voice in the OTS you just edited.
* Press SAVE and save this new USER STYLE with this new USER voice. You can now recall this style and save as a REGISTRATION for future use ... the original factory voice and factory OTS remain un-changed.

>>>AJ:- Press and hold down MICRO/VOICETRONE to access the microphone and vocalizer parameters and tweak to your taste.
* When done, simply press SAVE and save as your own (make sure you do not overwrite the AJAMSONIC settings - use new USER locations!)

>>>AJ:- Every lead voice has a 2nd voice programmed by KETRON. To change the 2nd voice of any lead voice:-
* Press and hold the voice on the screen for 2 seconds to enter the voice editor.
* The 2nd voice associated with this lead voice is the last column.
* Press it to insert a new voice - and edit it's parameters (shift, pan, chorus .. etc as you see fit). Press save to save this USER voice with it's new 2nd voice. Whenever you select this voice and press the 2nd voice button to turn on the 2nd voice, this voice will be heard.

>>>AJ:- Within the STYLE, when you go to VIEW - press CHORD.
* MODE (Easy and Fingered) are below the screen. More modes will be added with software soon.

Deane:-
I recorded a few things with the SD7 but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the WAV file saved to the thumb drive so I can post it. Maybe AJ will chime in here.

Deane
>>>AJ:- • Set the keyboard up (style, voices … etc)
• Press the RECORD button (RED for standby mode)
• Select AUDIO on the screen (for AUDIO recording).
• Play a little and adjust the RECORDING VOL/Input level so the VU meter goes into the YELLOW ZONE on the screen
• Press REC on the screen (REC starts flashing and recording begins)
• Play your song
• Press REC on screen again to end recording
• Wave form is formed in the middle of the screen
• Press PLAY to test your recording.
• If all is ok, press the SAVE button (below the ENTER button on the panel)
• “Do you want to save Audio Rec_0” is displayed. Say YES.
• On next screen, name your song and press ENTER to save it.
• It will be saved in your internal SSD.
TO COPY YOUR SONG FROM INTERNAL SSD TO USB/

• Insert a USB stick in one of the USB jacks up front.
• Press MEDIA
• Make sure KETRON is highlighted (the drive where your song file resides and you want to copy from)
• Press DISK EDIT (MEDIA flashes).
• Scroll up to your new song and select it on the screen.
• Press COPY on the screen below.
• Now go and select your USB stick.
• Press PASTE on the bottom of the screen to paste your file into the USB stick.
Do not forget to EXIT DISK COPY mode by pressing MEDIA – DISK EDIT (It is no longer YELLOW/Selected).

Detailed DVD is coming soon.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/19/15 10:04 PM

Thanks AJ. I had figured just about everything out.
Is there a way to make a custom vocal harmony setting? I want to hear JUST my original voice and one voice above. I keep hearing my voice plus it seems to be reproduced again along with the harmony voice. On previous models I was able to just turn down the volume on one or more of the harmony voices and save the edited version.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 04:08 AM

AJ thank you for the great informative step by step SD7 information,..
Answering questions straight forward & easy to understand also.
Each feature has it's steps to achieve what you need.
You also mentioned an upcoming Tutorial DVD and that my friend is a GREAT IDEA !!!
Please let us know when it will be released.

Thanx

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 05:11 AM

Thanks AJ. Just what I needed for now.
I am slowly working my way through the voices and styles and so far like what I am finding. I have attached my first recording using the Afterhours style-no tweaks straight out of the box. I'll try to do other recording after I figure out how to adjust some of the parameters.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 05:25 AM

Dean thanx for sharing,.....
I'm sure your dance floor will be packed with people with classic songs like this one,.....everythng sounds "LIVE"
A great style choice. Hope to hear more in the future as you progress & experience the SD7.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 06:42 AM

Good job Deane, it sounds just like my Audya 76

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 10:24 AM

I like your new icon and equipment list DNJ!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 10:54 AM

I like your new icon and equipment list DNJ!

coffee keys dance2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 10:57 AM

What is with the fancy function of spliting a song into it's intrumental tracks? Is it about a certain type of multi-track wave file or how is it?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 11:10 AM

Bachus,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you.

The SD7 has more functions (such as the Audio Multi tracks, Phrase Recording ... etc etc) which are NOT found in the Midjay Pro. Remember that the Midjay Pro is predominantly a PLAYER and the arranger is secondary, meanwhile the SD7 is predominantly an Arranger Keyboard and the Player is secondary, and so each one offers features in this direction not offered by the other.

Looking at the Arranger part of it, the SD7 has over 400 samples used to make it's internal sounds, while the Midjay Pro has 200. The SD7 has 260 styles while the Midjay PRO has only 143 (unless you get the AJAMSONIC version in either case).

The STYLE MODELLING feature on the SD7 is more extensive and in depth like on AUDYA series. The AUDYA of course offers even more in depth editing capabilities than any KETRON keyboard to date, more Audio components for it's style, more features like 6 outputs and SPDIF vers 3(SD7) and 2 (Midjay Pro) ... etc. It all boils down to what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to spend:-

* AUDYA:- Musician who is into totally creating their own, very picky on sound and so most elements must sound live (drums, bass and guitars). They rely solely on the AUDYA to represent their band both on stage and studio, being able to use or incorporate their own live audio drums (either you like those in the SD7/Midjay Pro or you don't).

* SD7:- Budget is a factor and so they don't mind loosing features like separate outputs, audio elements to styles especially Live Guitars that make a difference in all Audio styles in Audya (since only the drums are live), lighter weight, want the touch screen OS (AUDYA doesn't have a touch screen), want 61 keys (if you want 76, you must get AUDYA), want a module with the basic KETRON features to use in a studio or with existing gear (Midjay Pro)... and so on ....

So you see, there is a fundamental difference between both - or all 3. Whichever one suits your needs is what you go with - if you are willing to live with it's short-comings. AUDYA series is still the flagship if you want it all.

Don ... being able to control individual harmony parts, edit each one's parameters ...etc ... we had to reserve some features for AUDYA now, right :-)

Donny - welcome back to KETRON.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 11:54 AM

AJ, I'd appreciate a simple answer to my question about the multi-track separation. Is this working with a special wav type (surround was mentioned at one point)? Thank you.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 12:14 PM

A simple answer as requested is ... yes, it is working with a special surround file wave format.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 12:59 PM

"Don ... being able to control individual harmony parts, edit each one's parameters ...etc ... we had to reserve some features for AUDYA now, right :-)

Not really, since this was available on SD1, SD5 and even X1! smile
It would be a relatively simple software fix I would think.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 01:31 PM

1- Is there an internal HD for storage in the Ajamsonic SD7 or do I keep
all my folders of Mp3s, txt files, etc, on a USB thumb-drive
in the KB?.....

>>>AJ:- There is 16GB internal SSD storage. When you press the MEDIA buttons, it's the drive labeled KETRON. You can create a MP3 folder and dump all your MP3s there or create a MIDIFILE folder and do likewise. Just make sure any text or pdf files you want to associate with the MP3 or Midi or wave are also in the same folder.

2- Do I have to
install the Ajamsonic upgrade or is it already inside,or ..?

>>>AJ:- It is already inside (if you got the AJAMSONIC version from Frank as he ordered some of both). To verify if you have the AJAMSONIC version,
* Keyboard should have the AJAMSONIC label above the USB slots and on the back below the SD7
* When you press MEDIA, you will see the AJAMSONIC drive with all the various bonus material already installed.
* When you connect to a monitor, the AJAMSONIC logo is the default logo displayed.

3- When you set up song Registrations how do you link TXT files for each song
for easy access if needed in live play..?

To set up a REGISTRATION effectively,
* Select the style you want to use ... e.g LATIN - Cumbia
* If you want to make any modifications to this style (including it's OTS), you will have to do this and save this style as a USER style then recall this USER style before proceeding. See OTS & USER STYLE below.
* Set the tempo, transpose .. etc
* When satisfied, press the REGIS button to activate the REGISTRATION.
* Press SAVE and chose REGISTRATION to create/save your registration. You can also save the current style as a USER STYLE from this screen.
* Press SAVE AS if you want to give it a unique name (save means save with the default name REGIS_001)
* Now when you name your registration, give it the same name as any text/pdf file you want it to load when it is recalled. Press ENTER on the screen to create the new registration.
* You will notice Bank 1-4 ... so you can create +1000 Registers in each Registration Bank. This done so you can keep all your say wedding registrations in one bank, all your birthday registrations in Bank 2 ...etc.
* To recall at the gig, press the REGIS button once more.
* Scroll down to the REGISTRATION you want to load and press ENTER to load it OR ... Press Num Pad and enter the number corresponding to the Registration you want to load (this becomes useful when you have more than 20 Registrations to sort through .. OR .. (we will soon be adding a keyboard pad to search via typing in the name of the registration too).

*** OTS AND USER STYLE ... (share this on the forum with others) ....
Since on the SD7 you cannot overwrite a factory style or voice, once any changes are made to either of these, you simply press SAVE and save as a USER style or voice.
Remember that the OTS is linked to a style so to modify any OTS, first select the style whose OTS you want to modify.
* Once you have selected the style, then press and hold down the OTS you want to change
* You will be in the voice editor.
* Change as you see fit and SAVE. When you save, this 'new voice' will be saved in the same location it was in before but under USER ... so if this was a Grand Piano you just edited, the new voice will be saved under USER - PIANO -and you will see GRAND Piano.
* Repeat this for all the 4 OTS.
* When done, press SAVE and save the new USER style. This still will remember the new OTS you have associated with it.
* Now to use in a registration, simply recall this style (Remember once you are in the STYLES to press USER styles then the group the style belonged to...e.g. POP), set up and SAVE your REGISTER. At the gig, when you recall this REGISTRATION, it will recall your USER STYLE which in tern will recall the associated OTS that you programmed into it. Everything is linked as you can see so the REGISTRATION doesn't really manage the contents of the style - you do and store as a USER STYLE .. then use that style in a REGISTRATION. The registration will then load that style, any text/pdf file that has the same name as it (and we are expanding this to include any MP3, Midifile or wave that has the same name as the registration too to be loaded as well in the new OS - as is the case with AUDYA!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Bachus,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you.

The SD7 has more functions (such as the Audio Multi tracks, Phrase Recording ... etc etc) which are NOT found in the Midjay Pro. Remember that the Midjay Pro is predominantly a PLAYER and the arranger is secondary, meanwhile the SD7 is predominantly an Arranger Keyboard and the Player is secondary, and so each one offers features in this direction not offered by the other.

Looking at the Arranger part of it, the SD7 has over 400 samples used to make it's internal sounds, while the Midjay Pro has 200. The SD7 has 260 styles while the Midjay PRO has only 143 (unless you get the AJAMSONIC version in either case).

The STYLE MODELLING feature on the SD7 is more extensive and in depth like on AUDYA series. The AUDYA of course offers even more in depth editing capabilities than any KETRON keyboard to date, more Audio components for it's style, more features like 6 outputs and SPDIF vers 3(SD7) and 2 (Midjay Pro) ... etc. It all boils down to what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to spend:-

* AUDYA:- Musician who is into totally creating their own, very picky on sound and so most elements must sound live (drums, bass and guitars). They rely solely on the AUDYA to represent their band both on stage and studio, being able to use or incorporate their own live audio drums (either you like those in the SD7/Midjay Pro or you don't).

* SD7:- Budget is a factor and so they don't mind loosing features like separate outputs, audio elements to styles especially Live Guitars that make a difference in all Audio styles in Audya (since only the drums are live), lighter weight, want the touch screen OS (AUDYA doesn't have a touch screen), want 61 keys (if you want 76, you must get AUDYA), want a module with the basic KETRON features to use in a studio or with existing gear (Midjay Pro)... and so on ....

So you see, there is a fundamental difference between both - or all 3. Whichever one suits your needs is what you go with - if you are willing to live with it's short-comings. AUDYA series is still the flagship if you want it all.

Don ... being able to control individual harmony parts, edit each one's parameters ...etc ... we had to reserve some features for AUDYA now, right :-)

Donny - welcome back to KETRON.

Thanks,

AJ

Thanks for the answer AJ, very clear... Just one more question, the vce voices and the super solo voices, are they Audya specific?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/20/15 02:27 PM

Bachus,

Yes they are for the most part ... However with the AJAMSONIC package we have about 12 VCE voices in the SD7 (more on the way for SD7 AJAMSONIC users) ....

These currently reside in the Sax, Brass and Guitar groups!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 06:23 AM

Since I've been very busy & only have had an hour or two exploring the SD7 & auditioning the onboard styles, factory & Ajamsonic sorting out which ones I could use for my needs.
I just have to say WOW this KB is fun to play!!! clap
Ketron has Really done it's homework with this unit,...& believe me I have owned & performed with many Ketron models thru the years.
This SD7 is really well done & the styles & sounds make you feel like your really playing with a "LIVE Band" in every sense of the word. The Drums & Bass lines kick butt!! The style parts are ALL well balanced with the solo right hand sounds too right out of the box.....quality on deck Sliders are excellent.
The Big bright touch screen display is amazing & the KB is very quality built. I Know I'll have more to share once I get more time to explore the SD7, I'm taking my time setting it up for Stage performance..Let me also say that Prince AJ has been a good friend thru the years, a Superstar with support with phone calls, emails, or anything else that pops into my head with question about the SD7. I know I'll learn more at the Ketron SD7 workshop next Sunday in DE. Hope to meet some of you there, I want to play the SD7 thru my
Nano 600's also there. Stay tuned More to come keys ....

PS:..at some point soon I will probably sell my beloved Yamaha S-950 so if anyone here on SZ is interested give me a shout and let's talk about it. I'd like to see it go to a good SZ home. cool2

Thanx

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 07:16 AM

Donny,
You must have read my mind. Your post is EXACTLY what I have been thinking. This my first Ketron keyboard so I have nothing else to compare it too and I am still figuring out the very basic stuff but it sure does make me want to play. I certainly agree about AJ. I hope he gets some support from Ketron with all the effort he puts into this.

As you know, I don't play much modern music but I am finding dozens of styles from all the categories that I can fit into my "old folks" type music for my seniors. Like you I am very busy right now and have not had a lot of time with the SD7 yet but that will change in a few days and I will try to get things setup for a gig with it. I have not learned how to setup up a set list yet with it or use the USER or MY LIST areas correclty - that will come with time I guess.

Anyway, wanted to chime in here and second your thoughts on the SD7.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 07:44 AM

AJ or Donny,
If I wanted to fly in for the SD7 workshop which airport would I fly in to?

Deane
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 08:07 AM

Baltimore-Washington International would be the closest large airport. If you were flying in that Cessna, you could put down within a couple miles of AJs place.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 09:27 AM

AJ or Donny,
If I wanted to fly in for the SD7 workshop which airport would I fly in to?

Deane

Deane.....Philadelphia Intl, or Baltimore, Airports would be an easy drive to the workshop in DE......it would be great to see you again there & believe me you'll learn alot about the SD7 before you leave cool2 ....hope you can make it.
Posted by: synerjim

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 10:09 AM

Congrats Donny and to all SD7 owners! Happy Father's Day and happy gigging.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: synerjim
Congrats Donny and to all SD7 owners! Happy Father's Day and happy gigging.

Thanx Jimmy appreciate it!!

enjoy Fathers Day!!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 10:17 AM

Mine's staying in the bag today. I'm going fishing. smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 12:11 PM

Closest airport is PHL (Philadelphia International) ... about 45 minutes drive from Bear, DE.

Next is BWI (Baltimore Washington International) ... about 1hr 20mins drive from Bear DE.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 06:25 PM

Donny ... congrats ... can't wait to hear some of your playing/singing with it ... get posting ...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/21/15 06:47 PM

Tony slow but sure.... cool2
Just wetting my beak for now with the SD7.... so busy now.
next Sunday at the Ketron SD7 workshop I Know I'll come out of there with many of my questions answered.
As for now I'm just exploring, auditioning sounds & styles, etc,.. and getting familiar with the OS. So far I like what I hear! keys
Posted by: Rfinnshw

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 05:04 AM

Mine's staying in the bag today. I'm going fishing. smile

Don, at least you're not "half in the bag" like me :-) drink

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 07:43 AM

AJ,
First, Thanks for all the helpful posts. It is deeply appreciated.
A few Questions from a Ketron Newbie
1. How do you change the octave of only a single voice in a style
without effecting the entire keyboard?
2. Can the MY LIST and USER areas be put in Alpha order?
3. If connected to a computer, can styles in the MY LIST and USER areas
be deleted and re-reordered?
4. How are individual RH Lead voices be tweaked?
5. Will there be computer software to do these tasks?

Thanks for any ideas you can share. I'm making progress and so far I really like this keyboard. Something about it really inspires me to play.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 07:48 AM

Where can I edit Voices within the style parts, vol, efx, etc,.....
and/or change drum sets, or drum perimeters etc, etc, and re-save to registrations, had etc..?

>>>AJ:- This is down within the VIEW screen when you select a style.
• Press VIEW on the bottom lower part of screen to access the STYLE VIEW – all parts that make up the style.
• This default page shows the VOLUME of all the style parts. To access say the PAN (left/right), REVERB, CHORUS, EFFECTS ..etc of all style parts, use the equivalent buttons below the screen. Once selected, their parameters can be changed by pressing the number corresponding to the parameter you want to change, and turning the wheel to change it.
• Press DRUM MIXER to access the individual drum parts (volume and reverb).
• Press DRUM to access parameters associated with the drums such as:-
o VAR3 TO GROVE (On the main STYLE VIEW screen, you have 3 VARIATIONS. If this button is off, all 3 affect chord parts only. If this button is on, the 3rd variation is for GROOVES that affect the drum track (when turned on/off).
o AUTOFILL (Auto Fill in in when you switch between Variations)
o Fill To Arrange (When you press the FILL IN, the arranger automatically switches forward/backwards to the next/previous – depending on which FILL in you press.
o AFTER TOUCH FILL:- Press hard on the key to activate the fill in … no need to leave the keyboard and press a button for FILL IN anymore. Combine any of these for true musical freedom and creativity.
• When you are done with the modification .. remember, you just modified a FACTORY style. You must now save this style as a USER STYLE by pressing SAVE and given it a name. Then go back later to the USER STYLE location you saved this under (EG POP), reload the style, then set up the voices and other parameters – then press SAVE and SAVE REGISTRATION – to save this setting under a REGISTRATION.

3-.....How to I unlock OTS link to variations.......
I just want top change my OTS I choose manually NOT when I change a variation.

>>>AJ:- When you select a style,
• press VOICE AND VARIATION (below the screen).
• Now press VOICE TO ABCD (Voice to Variation A, B, C, D). If on (yellow and highlighted), then OTS is on, If off, OTS is off and you can manually select the voices being used by OTS – by simply pressing any of the 4 voices OTS above the screen (above the Variation buttons in the VOICE AND VARI screen).

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 07:49 AM

Can you turn the Vocalizer harmony ON & OFF manually on the display somewhere?.....also can you use a SINGLE pedal switch to turn VH on/off? or do you have to use the ketron 6 pedal.....
or can you use a single "MIDI" pedal?

>>>AJ:- Yes you can. Press and hold down MICRO/VOCALIZER. Now on the left of the screen, you can turn ON/OFF the harmonizer. The fastest way is to use the VOCAL slider up and down to quickly access or adjust the harmony’s volume. You can program this and use one of the switches on the optional KETRON FS6/13 Effects Footswitch.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 07:50 AM

what is the procedure to save all the registrations, styles, and all the work done on SD7 as a back up
just in-case I have to reload it for some unknown reason?

>>>AJ:- Connect to your computer.
Select the KETRON Disk and drag all files and folders to a back up folder on your computer.
This will ensure all USER STYLES, REGISTRATIONS …etc, are saved.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 07:53 AM

1-......How do I set up Voc Microphone to my liking EQ,Rev etc and have it retain the settings on powerup
AND I dont want it to ever change when I change registrations songs etc.....
I want to keep the same VOC settings & Voc Harmony?

>>>AJ:- To enter the Mic and Vocalizer EDITOR (and the EDITOR for any other button that has a blue dot to it’s lower right corner .. e.g. HARMONY, INPUT, DOUBLE …etc), simply press and hold down the MICRO/VOICETRON button for 2 seconds.
• Left side of the screen is the MIC settings, eq, reverb .. etc.
Right side is the vocalizer settings, eq .. etc
• Press EDIT on the screen to enter the detailed vocalizer or Mic settings.
• Select USER or the top harmony type and you will get a drop down menu with all the other harmony types you can select. Turn the DATA WHEEL to access even more. Select TRIO (as per your example above).
• You can select VOCIETRON TO ARRANGER and select the various HARMONY types you want when ARRANGER A, B, C or D or START/STOP is selected – auto vocalizer settings so you do not have to change vocalizer settings as you switch from variation to variation – it is already tied to the variation in question .. etc.
• Press LOCK to LOCK this vocalizer setting so that regardless of REGISTRATION or STYLE or … selected, the vocalizer will remain the same.
• When done, press the SAVE button. Select VOICETRON to save the current vocalizer settings. Repeat this step and press MICRO (on the screen) to save the MICROPHONE settings too.
Posted by: donpatt

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 08:51 AM

Question:
Is it possible on the SD7 to convert registrations from older boards in a similar way as STYLES are converted??

Many thanks,
Don p

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 09:39 AM

No, it's not Don.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 09:53 AM

Wow! This has to be the neatest keyboard I have ever owned. Making progress and setting up my first set list as registrations complete with style remodeling, voice replacement when needed, tempo changes etc.. For starters once you are familiar with the OS it is very easy to do all this. Not only that but a live player could just change voices on the fly really easy too.

Anyone else besides Don Mason, Donny, and myself working with the SD7?

Hoping to take it out for it's first gig Wednesday. We will see.
Thanks AJ for all the help - please keep it coming.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 09:57 AM

I think it's neat how you can take out style parts by just touching the Variation instruments on the screen.
Posted by: brickboo

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 10:31 AM

I think my i30 does all of this and more for 15 years now and still has the best sequences ever invented. Ha ha. Changing voices on the fly is a big deal Hammer? Please what am I missing here?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 10:41 AM

Well Boo,
With the SD7, as compared to other keyboards I have owned(Korg, Yamaha, Roland,) it is really easy to do.

Deane
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 11:54 AM

Very interesting keyboard.

My biggest concern would be for support.

Apparently those of you using Yamaha add/or Korg feel like you are getting the support you need?

Tx

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 02:38 PM

The support system in the USA has been expanded vastly and is still growing as we speak. We also offer support to INTERNATIONAL buyers (many of whom are on this and other forums and can vouch for this too).

It's a new beginning for KETRON in the USA!

Thanks,

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: donpatt
Question:
Is it possible on the SD7 to convert registrations from older boards in a similar way as STYLES are converted??

Many thanks,
Don p

No - due to the nature of the keyboards being different (internally and externally too) :-(

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 02:53 PM

Deane ... some answers for you:-

First, Thanks for all the helpful posts. It is deeply appreciated.
A few Questions from a Ketron Newbie
1. How do you change the octave of only a single voice in a style
without effecting the entire keyboard?
>>>AJ:- Take note of the voice whose octave you want to change. The idea is to edit the voice (in which you will change it's octave so it can be used in other styles too), then save as a USER VOICE - then use STYLE VIEW and recall the USER VOICE (in place of the factory voice).
* Press VOICE - Voice group and select this voice.
* Press and hold down this voice to enter the EDITOR.
* Change the octave (+/-12) and SAVE as a USER VOICE.
* Go back to the style and in VIEW, recall this voice instead. Then SAVE the style as a USER STYLE.

2. Can the MY LIST and USER areas be put in Alpha order?
>>>AJ:- Yes ... They can be put in any order but they cannot be rearranged. So you would have to know where you want to put what. EG>>> MY LIST. Once selected, press a location/voice on the screen and hold down. The SD7 will take you to the VOICE selection asking you to select a new voice you want to put into this location. It's your choice what voice you put in there - but if you know the order in which you want to arrange them, you can place them in there alphabetically. For the USER area, if you want to have them arranged in order, when you create the USER styles or USER voices, put a number before them when you name them e.g. 01-Sax, 02-Piano. Although Piano comes before Sax alphabetically, they will be saved in the order 01-Piano (in the first location), 02-Sax (in the 2nd location) ... etc.

3. If connected to a computer, can styles in the MY LIST and USER areas
be deleted and re-reordered?
>>>AJ:- Yes. Just go to the SD7's SSD and go into the appropriate folder and rename them or delete. You can also use the SD7 to do the same by pressing MEDIA - KETRON (make sure it is highlighted in RED) - touch DISK EDIT below the screen to enter the disk edit mode. You can then go to the appropriate folder and DELETE, RENAME .. etc files. Don't for get to press DISK EDIT again when done and MEDIA to exit and get back to normal operation of the keyboard.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 04:09 PM

Question:..What is the best way to navigate between
Registration Bank mode and MP3 Song play mode During live play,....going back and forth....?

AJ>>>>The best way is:-
* Press the PLAYER 1 button.
* Go to the folder that has all your MP3 files. DO NOT PLAY ANY.
* Now press the REGIS button and go to BANK 1 (or wherever your registrations are).
* You can now load your registrations and play live (PLAYER1 stays on).
* To back to the MP3 folder where you were, simply turn off the REGIST button.
* Touch your song twice to play it ... or press ENTER on the highlighted file.
* To return to live play, simply press REGIST again .... just one button to toggle back and forth!!!!

Also .... when you are in the STYLE screen ... if you want to have the YAMAHA approach and access to all fills and breaks, simply touch the (1/3) - PAGE 1/3 to go to page 2/3. Now you have access to the fills and breaks. If you go to Page 3/3, you can program the USER1, USER2 ...etc, to whatever function you want.
Simply touch them, assign and save. Now isn't that neat?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 04:15 PM

Let me add after today's setup session that the Vocal Mic processor in the SD7 & Vocalizer are excellent and very easy to operate & set up Mic FX etc, and save so that they Stay set no matter what you change Reg, Mp3, etc,....I'd say the VH is on par with TC Helicon.

Also the display screen is bright, clear, large, and very easy to see in live play..
I also tried a few Global Kb EQ settings vs "Standard" ...just pus the DSP button for the menue:..
I was using the "LOUDNESS" setting first but now I think I will stick with "BRIGHT" as the SD7 really comes alive using this EQ. You can adjust the preset EQ also I lowered the High EQ from 9 to 6....the press SAVE and Custom Startup so every tome you power up it will remain... cool2

I'm starting to get Very Happy!! keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 04:23 PM

Somewhere in this thread there was a question about the level of support for the SD7. I would say AJ is doing a pretty darn good job of getting questions answered. He has posted here, emailed, and texted answers to any question I have asked. What's more, the responses have come in a very short period of time.

I will be shocked if in the near future there are not videos and written materials that better explain the SD7 than the online manual does. Anyway, so far I have been very satisfied with what AJ is doing to help with learning how to use the SD7.

Deane
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 05:38 PM

Hey there you guys, I always loved the Audya that I had, what a terrific sound! This new SD7 is surely a welcome addition with a lower pricepoint. Seems to me that AJ is awfully sharp knowing these answers as well as he does. AND is able to write a coherent sentence, lol. Some tech people just cannot communicate! I hope you all continue to find good stuff and I look forward to hearing one.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 10:37 PM

Bill you wanted to see mine. It's home now. I'll call you tomorrow.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/22/15 11:28 PM

What is AjamSonic upgrade cost? It seems to me like a very significant addition to the stock sd7 and so very worthwhile.
BTW, thank you AJ for your answer!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: adimatis
What is AjamSonic upgrade cost? It seems to me like a very significant addition to the stock sd7 and so very worthwhile.
BTW, thank you AJ for your answer!

http://www.ajamsonic.com/styles.html

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 05:51 AM

I see, thanks Donny.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 04:14 PM

It's been 3 days and with the Support of Prince AJ and Don M. & what I still can remember from my Ketron days I have to say it's getting easier & easier to set up the SD7. It just does things so easily and logically to create Registration lists, custom USER Styles with OTS, Vol, Rev, FX, Drum kit edits, & all extensive editing perimeter capabilities that can be instantly saved. Here's what I do.....
First I pick a style>then I begin to make a template to use this style for many songs that have that use this style.
I add what ever 4 OTS sounds I like and tweak each one to my liking.
Then when I have the perfect style eg: DP Rumba I save it to a user style bank> next I start to create registrations of songs that use this "PERFECT STYLE" only changing tempo, key, variation start, etc. & so on. Then I start again creating another Style template for the next group of songs that would use whatever style I need. I keep doing this and it might take a few weeks until my song list and all MY perfect style types are finished Named and Stored in the Registration Banks for use on stage for instant call up.
Once you get the hang of the procedure it goes fast.

I also hooked up a Mic and was pleasantly surprised at how Amazing the Vocal Harmony sounds. On par with TC Helicon in sound quality & tracking, an easy Mic editor at the touch of a button let's you adjust Vocal EFX with ease & control them with the Sliders or pedals, Nice Job KETRON!. For anyone that wants to know The SD7 key bed feel is AWESOME not too heavy, not to light but solid, I really enjoy playing it.
Anyway for now I'm trying to get more done when I get the chance
in-between gigs.There is so much to explore with the SD7 features in so many ways, I look forward to doing that as time goes on.
This Sunday I'll learn much more at the workshop.

Take care.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 05:45 PM

Hi Donny,
Thanks to AJ's help I'm in about the same place - getting set lists ready. Right now I'm using Registrations and it is really simple. I'm involved in another project that will take all night. I'm converting over 6000 Ketron styles from all kinds of keyboards and getting them organized on a thumb drive. Have no idea how they will sound but there are bound to be some great ones in there. I have a gig tomorrow and am really tempted to take the SD7 out for the first time - we'll see.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 06:04 PM

To all SD7 owners: Is the weight (33 lbs) not an issue with you?
I also wish Ketron made it lighter and more compact.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/23/15 06:07 PM

Dean good luck.
Are these mixed Styles from different keyboards or?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/24/15 12:59 PM

Big band & Canadian Folk- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83-Rw3f3AI

ChaCha & Charleston:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAleg3oRros

Cumbia, Raggaetone & Fox Country:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdm9OTiXrI

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/24/15 07:06 PM

Donny,
I am not sure about the contents of the folders. They come from just about every keyboard or Module Ketron offers. I have so far had little time to go through even 5 percent of them. There also seems to be tons of duplicates which are not actually named the same. When i get it all sorted out I'll let you know.

By the way, I now working on the fine tuning of the overall sound of the SD7. I am not a sound "techie" so it involves a lot of experimentation. I'm trying to get the SD7 setup to use with my Bose Compact Speaker. So, I'm playing around with the EQ system on the keyboard because I don't use a mixer. I'm about ready to debut it on it's first gig this week!

Deane
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/24/15 08:22 PM

D

By the way, I now working on the fine tuning of the overall sound of the SD7. I am not a sound "techie" so it involves a lot of experimentation. I'm trying to get the SD7 setup to use with my Bose Compact Speaker. So, I'm playing around with the EQ system on the keyboard because I don't use a mixer. I'm about ready to debut it on it's first gig this week!

Deane

I thought it was cool you got an SD-7...you have always kept an open mind to different instrument/manufacturers....that's also pretty cool.

Playing new styles with new sounds on a new keyboard is like leaving one band you've been playing with, and joining up with another group...one just as competent, but the virtual musicians (the style parts) have slightly different tastes.

Of course, there's that hopefully short "getting to know you" period as you adjust to the new players' strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck on your maiden voyage.

Ian

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/24/15 08:57 PM

Ian,
You hit the nail on the head! It is strange, but interesting, to play the same set list with different styles from a new keyboard. For example, I usually play Tea For Two as a Cha Cha on my Tyros 4 but will end up playing it with a swing style on the SD7. Both sound really nice but after years of doing it one way the change takes some getting use to.

Should be a fun experience and so far I have absolutely no buyer's remorse or complaints.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: synerjim
To all SD7 owners: Is the weight (33 lbs) not an issue with you?
I also wish Ketron made it lighter and more compact.

really?

Tyros 5 = 36lbs
audya 5 = 38lbs
Pa3x = 38lbs

I dont see how anyone could have an issue with 33lbs.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 05:09 AM

If you have had physical problems with your back you could easily see why 33lbs. is a pain in the as (neck) Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 06:05 AM

Deane your going great!! Once you start gigging with it and tweaking styles & sounds changes in live play which are easily SAVED during live play. I'm using the "BRIGHT" KB Global EQ at this time with a slight rolloff on the HI EQ to 6. I can't wait to take the SD7 to work also that wont be long. I'm almost finished creating my "EASY 30" Registrations,....once in the trenches I'll tweak & add/remove as needed. keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 06:44 AM

Tyrosman 5,
I am one who has back trouble. In fact, I will have surgery correcting Spinal Stenosis at L4 and L5 in July or August. I've dealt with this problem for nearly 30 years and had Cervical Spine Surgery two years ago. Now, having said all that I have tried just about all the smaller and lighter keyboards from Korg, Roland, and Yamaha. All of them sounded ok and certainly do the job on a gig but do not compare in sound to these companies "Flagship" models. Oh yes, I just turned 75 too.

What I have done is develop more efficient ways of getting my equipment in my car and on my Rock N Roller Cart and handled on the gig. So far the added 10 pounds or so has never been an issue for me but I do understand your concern.

Just my opinion - the sound is worth the effort and my clients sure appreciate it.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 11:24 AM

You have used you brain to save your back, good for you.
I had polio at 3 yrs. old and it left me years later with weakened back muscles. Have had spine people check me out and the results: Do NOT lift anything heavy or suffer serious consequences. I am 86 yrs. old. Best to you. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 01:35 PM

Reviews are lacking information. Want to hear about saving presets and how much on board storage does one get.
AJ has talked about a new OS. How much needs to be fixed.
Let's hear more detail. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 02:52 PM

Here is memory:
Internal Storage: SSD Card 16G.
External Storage: Removable SATA 2/3 2.5 HD. USB: 3 Host + 1 device.
Internal is largest of any arranger that I know of, by far.
External is unlimited.

It is quick and easy to save edited styles, registrations, sounds etc.
You cannot save presets (overwrite factory styles or sounds). You just edit them and save to User memory with the same name or pick your own name.
The OS seems very stable, intuitive and fast.
I haven't found any "bugs" that are worth mentioning, but there are some updates and fixes to make things even better, that AJ is working on.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 04:41 PM

Here is memory:
External is unlimited.

You cannot save presets (overwrite factory styles or sounds). You just edit them and save to User memory with the same name or pick your own name.
I haven't found any "bugs" that are worth mentioning, but there are some updates and fixes to make things even better, that AJ is working on.

Ditto to what Don said, ...SD7 is very stable, Display is BIG, BRIGHT and easily readable, The OS is very easy to-operate and very logical in it's execution. You can save changes, edits etc on the fly in live play with no glitches or pauses at all something I couldn't do on my S-950 while playing. Jumping back and forth between Reg style play & Mp3/Smf song play is seamless with just the touch of one button which I really like. Sliders are of top quality built also not those shaky ones on some keyboards...navigation on the SD7 is a players dream & one of my pet peeves when I perform & the SD7 seems to so far addresses this nicely for my needs. As was said before the Voc processor and VH is on par with TC Helicon, sounds really good with excellent tracking. Speakers are the loudest I've heard on an Arranger KB, for those occasions when your in a very small room or small NH scenario the KB alone will cover it all by itself. I'm also getting used to this nice keybed feel as I transition from the featherweight S-950 touch to a more substantial feel with the SD7 it feels more like a Fatar KB. Little things like a speaker on/off switch in back is convenient & 3 front USB ports too. I also like that holding down many of the buttons, or screen Icons will activate popup menus for editing instantly. Playing live on screen you can SEE ALL 4 OTS Sounds for instant access at the touch of the icon in live play also besides all the fills, breaks too.
I'm learning more each day as I play it and set it up.

Stay tuned.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 06:21 PM

SD7 AJAMSONIC:-
Internal storage/RAM:- 64GB + 32GB = 96GB!!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/25/15 09:19 PM

I have to second both Don's and Donny's post. I am a complete Ketron keyboard newbie and after one week I am ready to give it a shot on it's first gig on Friday. I have about 50 of the most requested songs setup as registrations, have learned to tweak style parts, convert older ketron styles for use on the SD7, adjusted the EQ settings, and generally feel comfortable moving around on the keyboard. I don't sing so have not played with the VH yet. I like very much the ability to easily see on the great touch screen the 4 RH OTS voices and change them on the fly. But, it doesn't stop there- you can access hundreds of voices on the fly and use them too if you wish. Actually pretty neat.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 03:42 AM

I hear you Deane,.....Good Luck on your SD7 maiden Voyage in the Trenches.
I know Don M is already there playing it.
I should follow suit very Soon also.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 07:49 AM

Hey guys, I recorded almost four hours of audio last night. I'd like to say it sounded great, but I can't.
BECAUSE I plugged the input to the recorder into the output jack and got four hours of silence!
I hate it when I have to set up, play one night and tear down, because it's easy for something like this to happen.
On a good "note", I have had numerous unsolicited compliments from regulars about the sound of the SD7. I didn't tell anyone I'd made a change, but they noticed.
Not that the Korg didn't sound great, but the Ketron is different, even more live-sounding, and I suppose it is refreshing to do some of the same songs that are requested with a different style or feel.
I will be off until next Wednesday so will spend a couple hours each day at least doing more setting up and tweaking.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 10:47 AM

I just found that there is live efx EQ sliders on screen for Mp3s... Styles... Etc, ...
So kool.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 03:02 PM

Here is memory:
External is unlimited.

You refer to the SD card as internal memmory, so i could have 12GB of sounds and samples on the SD card and have direct access to them?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 03:08 PM

I just copied and pasted from the manual. I understand that the internal drive is a solid state drive.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 03:35 PM

I just copied and pasted from the manual. I understand that the internal drive is a solid state drive.

I think i saw AJ refer to it as an SSD card... Which technically is the same as a solid state drive... Often times however a bit slower.. Tough some of the pro sd cards these days have remarkable data transfers

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 04:15 PM

For the life of me, I've never understood why some folks believe they need a mammoth storage device and lightning fast processor to handle tiny files that are just a few kilobytes in size- makes absolutely no sense to me at all, but what the Hell do I know. I guess it's a mine's bigger than yours mentality. wink

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/26/15 05:07 PM

Well, if it is not just about settings, styles and midi files ( these are indeed just a few kilobytes) but really about samples, the gigabytes would make a lot of sense. I can't imagine you can use giant sample libraries with the SD 7 like you can with a Kronos. totally different target group.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 02:27 AM

They don't. Not the arranger players, not yet. When the huge multi-giga libraries will be used in an arranger, we'll have touched Nirvana.
smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 09:14 AM

Took the SD7 out for it's first gig yesterday and WOW! The sound through my Bose Compact was outstanding and there were dozens of compliments from the audience.
My wife did videos of the gig but honestly the sound on the video does not do justice to the SD7. Today I'll do a recording direct into a recorder and try to get something posted in a day or two.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 11:18 AM

Took the SD7 out for it's first gig yesterday and WOW! The sound through my Bose Compact was outstanding and there were dozens of compliments from the audience.
My wife did videos of the gig but honestly the sound on the video does not do justice to the SD7. Today I'll do a recording direct into a recorder and try to get something posted in a day or two.

Deane

Deane, WoW !! great picture of you and the SD7.... keys
looking good buddy!!! clap

Direct recording is the way to go,...I can understand why the audience loved it, the SD7 sounds so live.
I should be breaking my cherry this week also. headphone

take care
Posted by: TedS

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 05:56 PM

Is an owners' manual available to download? My real question is, does the SD7 have on-board style editing, and does it allow you to create a new style from scratch? -Ted

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 08:35 PM

Ted,
The on board style editing is the easiest I have seen and i have owned Korgs, Rolands, and Yamaha keyboards. There is a manual but it is not downloadable. It is web based. I am not sure about the style creation - this is my first Ketron keyboard.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/27/15 08:46 PM

Online manual in English:
http://www.ketron.it/images/ketron/Sd7Man/Manuale%20Tastiera/english/index.htm

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 01:09 AM

The on board style editing is the easiest I have seen and i have owned Korgs, Rolands, and Yamaha keyboards.
Deane

I agree with Deane that editing all perimeters of style parts, sounds, etc, & sounds, efx, etc, is so easy to do (while playing live or not), & the setup is logical & more then capable to operate. You can edit the styles, sounds, anyway you want, plus there's Modeling, Morphing, Live SFX, Styles with "RIIFs" also. and much more..etc,..The SD7 is a joy to use & play..

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 05:28 AM

Saving all you SD7 files is as easy as pie,.....
Connect SD7 to your computer. Select the KETRON Disk and drag all files and folders to a back up folder on your computer.
This will ensure all USER STYLES, REGISTRATIONS …etc are saved. cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 12:36 PM

Yesterday I played my 2nd gig with the SD7. I recorded and hour directly to my little Zoom recorder. I won't have any time today to get them separated into individual songs so it will be Monday before I will post any of them. Once again the audience was very pleased with the sound and I got a good many comments. This is a place I play Bi-Weekly and several folks noted the different sound but said they liked it. More later.

Deane
Posted by: john smies

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 01:29 PM

Yesterday I played my 2nd gig with the SD7. I recorded and hour directly to my little Zoom recorder. I won't have any time today to get them separated into individual songs so it will be Monday before I will post any of them. Once again the audience was very pleased with the sound and I got a good many comments. This is a place I play Bi-Weekly and several folks noted the different sound but said they liked it. More later.

Deane

Looking forward to hearing those Deane.

Don,
if you read this, I presume you still own the PA900. Could you tell us something about the sound quality of the samples of both arrangers, in particular those of natural instruments ?
And don't bother mentioning the drums, cause the Ketron drums have been superior to any other brand since the first Solton keyboards were introduced in 1993. ( MS5 ,MS50 etc).
Thanks in advance,

Regards
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 05:00 PM

Here is a link to 3 SD7 recordings - songs I play at my gigs.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/qh5dNHg-/SD7_Recordings.html

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 06:17 PM

Sounds really great. I especially liked the clarinet. The drums are awfully good!
Thanks for posting.

I noticed in the picture of you at the keyboard that you just have the bass unit from your Bose raised up on a table. I've never tried that. On the floor without the other speakers mine sounded very bassy.

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/28/15 07:54 PM

Here is a link to video clips from my first gig with the SD7.
The sound was recorded with the camera but not directly into it.

https://youtu.be/QbunIYaI4pQ

Deane
Posted by: FransN

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/29/15 06:44 AM

Sounds really good Deane. Great keyboard.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/29/15 07:02 AM

Good sound Deane and terrific drums.
Thanks for posting, I'd better start saving smile

Regards
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/29/15 08:00 AM

Here is a link to 3 SD7 recordings - songs I play at my gigs.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/qh5dNHg-/SD7_Recordings.html

Deane

Deane,......Listening now,.. headphone ...I must say you really did your SD7 homework in a short time it sounds amazingly LIVE!! Those drums brushes, nice selection of sounds too you can hear every part clearly.. Well done,..clap Good Job my friend thanx for sharing your work.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/29/15 08:07 AM

Here is a link to video clips from my first gig with the SD7.
The sound was recorded with the camera but not directly into it.

https://youtu.be/QbunIYaI4pQ

Deane

clap headphone clap

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/29/15 06:18 PM

Let me add that the first few days all I have heard of the SD7 was thru you tube videos and when I got mine a few days ago I had only played it once thru headphones and the rest of the time with the Great loud on-board speakers at home. At this point I was happy....BUT, yesterday at the Ketron Work shop AJ brought TWO Giant 100lb each Mackie speakers not sure about model they looked like
SRM 750's...when I played the SD7 thru these at Full Volume all I can say is OMG!!!

Tomorrow I start tweaking & fine tuning thru MY
Hk Audio Nano 600 PA! keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/30/15 07:59 PM

Sounds great Deane. You seem to get full range of sound using only the lower unit of your Bose. The SD7 sounds great in your capable hands.

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/30/15 08:59 PM

The high end speakers are there. He just didn't use the extensions.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 06/30/15 09:08 PM

Korg80,
I often use the Bose L1 Compact without the extensions. In small to medium size rooms, and with the speaker on a table or off the floor, it seems not to make much difference.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 04:08 AM

I'm learning more & more then I knew yesterday with the SD7 and it sounds so good. I have been tweaking each variation of different styles one at a time eg: Intos, Variations, Endings, one by one...BUT, Now Don Mason showed me that by using the "Global" Tab feature in the editing window allows me to make changes to sounds, perimeters, Vol, Efx, etc, and when this tab is activated it will change ALL your edits ON ALL PARTS so you don't have to adjust EACH part independently saving so much time. Great Feature!

I also found out how to change lyrics Background Color, Font, Text Size. A cool feature on the SD7 is that you can change text size just by using you fingers just like you do on your cell phone or tablet by spreading your two fingers in real Time or by tapping the screen twice also.. And the Lyrics is so readable on this Bright BIG Display. cool2
Posted by: ketronkong

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 08:49 AM

Need help please.my styles from the SD 1 plus do not work with the sd7.Any advice?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 08:54 AM

Deane, you should NEVER place the Bose L1 Compact on a table. This results in the loss of the sub-woofer sounds. Additionally, those extension sections are what provides the mid range and separation from the bass sounds and at least one should be used, but preferably both. Believe me, your audiences will know the difference when they hear the system set up like this.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: ketronkong
Need help please.my styles from the SD 1 plus do not work with the sd7.Any advice?

They have to be converted to SD7 format...easily done right in the KB.It should ask you do you want to convert...click yes and thats it.
Ive done many like this also.
Posted by: ketronkong

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 09:32 AM

Thank you so much DNJ.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Deane, you should NEVER place the Bose L1 Compact on a table. This results in the loss of the sub-woofer sounds. Additionally, those extension sections are what provides the mid range and separation from the bass sounds and at least one should be used, but preferably both. Believe me, your audiences will know the difference when they hear the system set up like this.

Gary cool

We always use at least one extension on our Compacts as that seems to give a more full sound.

We have placed the Compact on a table when the were used just as a speaker for voice/talking.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 11:31 AM

Just a Tip:...Here's something I do with all my KB's if needed, eg: SD7....use some WHITEOUT to mark the gain Pod adjustment so you know where it's set if it moves, I like it at 12oclock.
Otherwise there is no markings.
I do this on some KB's Master Vol also....

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 11:43 AM

Dnj; "They have to be converted to SD7 format...easily done right in the KB.It should ask you do you want to convert...click yes and thats it.
Ive done many like this also."

Anyone know if this is also possible with the Midjay Pro?
Ciao,
Jerry

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 12:36 PM

Dnj; "They have to be converted to SD7 format...easily done right in the KB.It should ask you do you want to convert...click yes and thats it.
Ive done many like this also."

Anyone know if this is also possible with the Midjay Pro?
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry I don't know for certain at this point but I would assume being the MidJay pro is just like the SD7,....converting styles to .KST format to be used with the both units should be a feature in the MJpro also as I did with no problem.
Posted by: 124

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 12:56 PM

Any videos yet of you kids having fun at AJ's clinic?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 12:58 PM

For just talking or making announcements, on the table is fine, because there is no need for sub-woofer sounds or frequencies. For any type of music, though, the floor with extensions is the only way to go.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 01:26 PM

For just talking or making announcements, on the table is fine, because there is no need for sub-woofer sounds or frequencies. For any type of music, though, the floor with extensions is the only way to go.

Gary cool

I agree with Gary,....SUBs should be on the floor as the
lower frequencies travel the floor. With Bose compact the highs could get trapped in the sub cabinet with 'no breathing room" not being extended also to cover the room,....
just my opinion. But heck let's get back to the SD7 !! headphone

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 01:51 PM

The guy at Bose told me that the only purpose of the extensions was to get the sound at ear level for the audience. Since I set up on a stage most of the time, I just use one extension and it works out great.
I forgot the extensions one time and set the speakers on a table like Deane and it still sounded fine to me.
Sometimes wooden bandstands cause too much low end rumble!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/01/15 03:28 PM

Wooden stages, or bandstands, especially those that are just a few feet off the floor and open at the front end, tend to over-amplify the bottom end, and this I have experienced on more than a few occasions. However, if the stage, or bandstand, is fully enclosed, the problem is eliminated, at least the vast majority of the problem. I had one place where I performed on an open front stage about 4 feet above the floor and the bass boomed. I moved everything to floor level and the problem was immediately resolved.

As for the extensions, when I talked with Bose about them they told me that the extensions provided a physical separation of the low and high frequency sounds, and that this, in turn, improved the mid range sounds. I've tried it with every configuration and came to the conclusion to let Carol decide which sounded best. She, and two other ladies, agreed that the vocals sounded much crisper and the mid range sounds improved by a fair amount when both extensions were used. I trust hers, and most women's hearing much more than any guy's. After all these years, I think that woman can hear a mouse peeing on cotton at the length of a football field away. wink

Use whatever configuration you wish, but mine is the correct one! smile smile smile

Good luck,

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/02/15 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 124

Bump.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/02/15 11:04 AM

Bump.

No videos that I know of were taken,....just some pictures.
We were too busy learning & listening about the great KETRON products AJ was demonstrating at the workshop.
Some people there in attendance were not SZ'ers also who might have took some videos.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/02/15 04:42 PM

Thanks, Donny. It would have been great to have a look.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/02/15 05:16 PM

Thanks, Donny. It would have been great to have a look.

124...It's still VERY early in the game, .....I'm sure there will be videos all over YouTube down the road of the SD7 soon enough once more people get their hands on them. keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 06:26 AM

Well today I will take the SD7 on it's Maiden Voyage the Sun is out..
Will report back later with my experiences. It was supposed to happen yesterday but when I got there to a NH 1hr outside BBQ it was raining,...so not to take a chance to get my SD7 Wet I ended up just DJ'ing & Singing with my gear under an Umbrella Picnic Table to be safe, glad I did last 10 minutes the skies opened big time and everyone had to make a run for it, including the nurses, aides, staff, and wheelchair residents!!!..

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 09:23 AM

One of my regulars came up last night and told me that he had thought my sound was great and didn't see how it could get better, but that I must have done something that did just that, because it sounded like a live band was playing.
Of course, that is what I'm after, so seems like I'm on the way.
But he may have been drunk. smile
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 12:37 PM

last 10 minutes the skies opened big time and everyone had to make a run for it, including the nurses, aides, staff, and wheelchair residents!!!..

Must have been quite a sight seeing those wheelchair residents running. rotfl

Jerrtghr

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
last 10 minutes the skies opened big time and everyone had to make a run for it, including the nurses, aides, staff, and wheelchair residents!!!..

Must have been quite a sight seeing those wheelchair residents running. rotfl

Jerrtghr

I felt bad for them,....we were having such a great time up to that point they deserve it, ...... I'm happy to be able to bring a smile to their faces each time I perform.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 01:30 PM

ok I just got back from my SD7 maiden voyage,...the gig went well.
It was a bit different feeling coming from 2 years of S950 to the SD7. I guess not knowing what to expect when you hit certain buttons variations etc, for the first time gives you teh jitters,..
But, after the first few songs I started to get in the pocket and felt more confident making changes as I went along. There are some things I still need to work out in the KB settings to really get it to where I'm comfortable. But it sounds great and the audience loved it including the Vocal processor & VH. Using sliders is something to get used to also as is the registration scrolling thru songs which is easy just different,..I compare it to buying a new car, although you know how to drive things are in different places. The Mp3 players works great also. So it's back to tweaking things here & there and I'm sure over time it will work out with patience.
Thanx for listening.... Stay tuned. keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 03:37 PM

Thanx for listening.... Stay tuned. keys

Good for you, Donny ...
we will stay tuned, give us something to listen to ...

keys headphone

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 03:56 PM

Here's a snippet I recorded on the job last night. Just making it up.
https://app.box.com/s/xpztemgq5c9j8ph827j8v0rjdnwmve28

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 04:03 PM

Nice and smooth Don cool2 love the Saxes & Scats !! headphone
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 08:40 PM

Hi guys ... (he said, as he dipped his toe into the water)
I was fortunate enough to acquire an SD7 from a friend who panicked at the overwhelmingness of it, so I have it here to fiddle with for a bit before he decides to return or keep it. I "want" to love it ... I do, but there are some major Uncle Dave no-nos that will keep me from buying one. If the following items can be addressed ... I might be a strong candidate, although it IS larger than I wanted - it might not lay in my trunk the way I need it to, and that will keep it out as well. All depends on the case, I guess. So far - it's significantly longer and heavier than the PA900.

First the good things:
It sounds fantastic
It FEELS fantastic
The styles are Fantastic
The song player is FANTASTIC
The touch screen is Fantastic
The panel layout is ... well, here is where it starts to fall short.

*There is no fast return to home from some screens. Too many anomalies when switching between style and song modes
*As much as I love the "sync/next" feature in the player - sync/next does not always appear when you'd expect
*you can alter EQ of MP3s on the fly, but can modified EQ be saved?
*the harmonizer is good, not great, and very skimpy on editable parameters. In this price range, there should be layers and layers of options. For example, the harmonizer needs a "hold" feature when triggering from the right hand, especially during song playback
*harm does not follow chords as well as the competition ... Follows actual notes fingered, and not the auto generated chord - defeats purpose of auto chord
*transpose hard buttons affects player even when "keyboard" is selected in sub menu.

Also, the harmonizer does NOT REFLECT TRANSPOSE in song mode!!
(That alone could be the deal-breaker) Is it a software bug? The touch switches should lockout changes selected in the soft buttons

*In DSP mode - player (MP3) needs to ignore FC and Q sliders. The Low & Hi EQ are great, but they disengage if you turn the button off after making a change. There are times when you need to make a fast adit, then go back to your live controls of sounds, and the sliders are shared. You could be thinking you're adjusting the vocal harmony volume, and the filter changes the tone of the file playing back.

So - please tell me if any of these concerns are user ignorance. I can see the advantage of having a sophisticated multi-format media player built in, but not at the expense of loosing a pro harmonizer. This one is beneath the TC line, but above the Yamaha. (and Fran - don't even mention that darn G70 in this thread either - we know you love it, but Roland VP doesn't come up to the TC standards IMHO.) ... and everyone is entitled to my opinion right? lol

Enough griping for tonight - I have 3 parties to play (comfortably) on my PA900 over the w/e, and I'll revisit this beast after then.
Ciao!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/03/15 10:23 PM

Some of those issues are known, such as the vocal harmony editing, and are supposed to be addressed in upcoming software updates. AJ will have to tell us about the others.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 05:21 AM

Some of those issues are known, such as the vocal harmony editing, and are supposed to be addressed in upcoming software updates. AJ will have to tell us about the others.

I agree Don,....SD7 is a very new model. A few things need to be addressed but AJ & Ketron are working on it & future updates will correct it.

Dave first week I was confused a bit navigating the SD7 but if you spend more time with it things start to come together as you get familiarized & more comfortable with it's OS operation.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 06:31 AM

Well, I don't sing and seldom use the media player so none of these are of concern for me. It does, very well I might add, all the things I need it to do as a pure instrumentalist. Like Dave said - the sound is the important thing for me and it is outstanding! As a Ketron newbie, I have not had any issues with navigating around the OS.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 06:36 AM

Well, I don't sing and seldom use the media player so none of these are of concern for me. It does, very well I might add, all the things I need it to do as a pure instrumentalist. Like Dave said - the sound is the important thing for me and it is outstanding! As a Ketron newbie, I have not had any issues with navigating around the OS.

Deane

Glad your getting along well with teh SD7 Deane.....
we all use our KB very differently and have different needs.
The SD7 has Many features, some players might not use them all but it's nice to know they are there,
they take time to set up and make it "Your Own"...
but I will agree with you the SD7 sounds fantastic !!

keys

enjoy

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 07:23 AM

Working on making it even better ... -:)

...but taking a break today .... Happy 4th to all ...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 07:31 AM

Enjoy the holiday! Please work on restoring the things that have always been there, like fingering mode, text file association with Registrations, and Vocal Harmony settings.
Thanks!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 09:52 AM

Not bad for an old fart! wink

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/04/15 10:19 AM

Working on making it even better ...

I know you are, my friend. I keep reminding myself that I am a WEIRD, unusual user with many specific needs, and not many manufacturers make what I want, right out of the box. The kb sounds are wonderful, but as a vocalist ...I need more control, or it's not going to replace my Korg.
I found that the only mode that works ok for me, is the "bassist" mode. That setting controls the harmonies best [RH], and gives me flexibility to play my own bass lines, which I love doing anyway. The transposer is bugging me a lot ... many bass samples disappear on the low C, if I go down more than 2 steps, and that's frustrating. I understand sound ranges, but no other kb seems to have that issue.

We'll talk after your break ... ALOT!
smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 07:40 AM

OK, the jury is in, and the SD7 is out.
Let me explain. If a few things were different in the universe, this would be my new keyboard, but given my UD "quirks" that define my style, it is not ready [out of the box] to join my rig. Most of the things I need are probably addressable with software updates, and I'm sure, our good friend AJ would help in every way, but the kicker is ... the size/weight issue. While I could learn to live with the weight (I've already lost TWICE what this weighs - yay!), the length is too long for the opening of my trunk, and I'm not buying a new car to fit my gear. I need to have everything fit in the trunk without using my seats ... still raising kids and grandkids. So, as good as it sounds ... it will not be a part of my upcoming shows. I won't go into the details of what I like and don't like, but if anyone has questions about my quirks, I'll be happy to answer.

In summary - the majority of players who use arrangers should love this keyboard. Most singers will find the vocal section more than adequate, but some (like me) who are extra fussy and particular about vocal harmony may need more. The actual mic processing is very good, but the harmony section cuts a few too many corners for my taste. As a singer primarily, I need the harmonizer to fit like a glove and change with my every whim. TC has this down to a science, so I will stick to what works. Remember - I use the harmonizer triggered from my RIGHT hand, mostly.

I've said before: I really do not need the best sounds or styles to make my show. I need a terrific vocal/harmony unit, great monitor speakers, Rhodes, bass and drums ... and the rest is gravy. I still have an antique, very mid-entry level Korg i5s, (or the higher end Yamaha 9000pro) that I could use tomorrow with my TC VL3 and have a great show. I'd surly miss some of the new hottest sounds, but I'd work around them. My staple sounds are Bass, EPs, Organs, Strings and drums anyway, and these have been VERY good for over 20 years. I could play all night long on a good Rhodes, or Wurli sound with LH bass and drums and the crowd would not suspect a thing.

I give the SD7 two thumbs up for the masses ... but I am not the masses. To be honest - the module version of the Audya would be more attractive to me at this point for its multi file playback capabilities, but I still need a one piece unit for in/out ease. I am certain that (at least for this summer) I have the best setup that I can have for what I do.

PA900, iPad, Bose compact. (I will add guitar and VL3 for more specific jobs, but don't need them for most dance gigs)

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 07:59 AM

Dave sorry to hear that....the SD7 isn't for everyone...especially with your right hand trigger vocal demands, which btw you are the only person I know who does it that way....lol But I understand your feelings.
Funny how we are all different players with many Different Needs. For example I don't like the sound of the BOSE systems for a few reasons, Fran loves a 20yr old Roland G70, go figure?......I also didn't care for the KORG OS & many of their styles on my Pa3x of which I traded you for the S950 lol the VH isn't that important imo I use it sparingly these days anyway,....we all like what we like, there's nothing wrong with that.
What ever make a player comfy and happy is the right choice for them. For me the SD7 is an amazing unit, but I agree it's not an OOTB arranger Kb, you have to MAKE IT YOUR OWN!!!...if you do your homework setting it up it will definitely serve you well. After watching that S970 demo I'm know I made the right choice with the KETRON SD7...

Have a great day!!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 01:18 PM

SD7 Maiden Voyage !!

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 01:42 PM

Hello? ... HELLO??? pfft pfft pfft ... is this thing ON ??? ... there's no SOUND coming out ?!?!? frown confused1

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 01:46 PM

Hello? ... HELLO??? pfft pfft pfft ... is this thing ON ??? ... there's no SOUND coming out ?!?!? frown confused1

Tony, ..easy buddy...all good things come to those who wait... cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 01:47 PM

It was a very small gig 20pp the SD7's fantastic LOUD on board speakers covered the room without a problem. I took a tyip from Deane who did a similar job with no amp also.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 01:49 PM

Tony, ..easy buddy...all good things come to those who wait... cool2

I'm waiting ... I'm WAAAITING ... tired sleep

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 02:16 PM

Donny and Tony,
What is really surprising is the quality of sound produced by the on-board speakers. It really does work out ok for small gigs. Donny, I have a lot of these gigs and we usually setup the room where everyone is right up front, almost like the old piano lounge atmospheres. I really like them because I maintain a constant exchange with the people and can hear their comments and requests.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 04:42 PM

This is a pic of the SD7 Song Registration display....
to search either use the numerical keypad song # or simply Scroll down the list to the Song Title using the wheel and Press Enter couldn't be easier!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 05:09 PM

I don't see any song titles - just styles.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 05:37 PM

I don't see any song titles - just styles.

Gary cool

Gary it's just an example pic,.....you would just simply Type the song titles in the same slots in the banks once they are saved,
(I think each bank hold 999 songs) that you see the styles in.
It's a great easy to read system to navigate. Here's the sound & style select page and the Record page all very easy to the eyes..

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 05:42 PM

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 07:12 PM

OK. I thought you may have posted a screen shot of your keyboard. Guess I was wrong.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/06/15 07:53 PM

Looks great!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 03:11 AM

SD7 Brochure.....

http://www.ajamsonic.com/SD7%20Brochure%20-%20EN.pdf

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 02:06 PM

Short SD7 Audio rec test,.....I wanted to see how this feature works mistakes & all,....so easy, just push REC> SMF or Audio> set record level meters, Start playing, Stop & Save to HD. when I get time I'll get into it more with vocals etc,....Fun Fun Fun!
It works great!

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 02:13 PM

Very nice! Great sound.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 02:31 PM

Very nice! Great sound.

Thanx Don ....& Thanx for the help cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 03:14 PM

Sounds good!

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 03:24 PM

Here's a GREAT Feature tip to ALPHABETIZE the SD7 Song Titles on the Registration list,..... Before I found out about this thanx to Don M every time I would create a registration song and save it, it would be assigned a number and saved to the REG list which you could view when scrolling along in one of the 4 storage Banks,.......But, it would be in NUMERICAL order NOT Alphabetical which was driving me nuts to search for songs all over the list while playing live.....!!!

Now I learn that the SD7 does alphabetize the list by going to
DISK EDIT>select registration Folder> select bank 1,2,3, or 4 >
select number tab>Remove Numbers>Confirm!!! That's it Now all your registrations songs will be in Alphabetical order vs Numerical order created. This makes it amazingly easy to search for songs.

I'm lovin' the SD7 more & more each day. keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 03:26 PM

Bad news is that every time you add a new Registration, you have to repeat that process. I usually wait until I have done a few and then do it.
Good news is that once you do it a time or two, it takes about 10 seconds.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 04:04 PM

Bad news is that every time you add a new Registration, you have to repeat that process. I usually wait until I have done a few and then do it.
Good news is that once you do it a time or two, it takes about 10 seconds.

Don although as you say it takes a few seconds to do,....but the BIG Main thing is that it
ALPHABETIZES THE SONG TITLES!!!! woot

Little by little I'm making the SD7 "My Own"! cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 04:35 PM

Sounds good!

Gary cool

thanx Gary......
Each day gets better & better with the SD7. Enjoy the summer buddy!!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 04:48 PM

This summer has been lousy - rains damned near every day that I have scheduled off to go sailing. On days when I have to work, though, the weather is fantastic. Sure glad I like Margarettas!

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 05:41 PM

Short SD7 Audio rec test,.....I wanted to see how this feature works mistakes & all,....so easy, just push REC> SMF or Audio> set record level meters, Start playing, Stop & Save to HD. when I get time I'll get into it more with vocals etc,....Fun Fun Fun!
It works great!

keys

I was waiting for the vocal ... singer grin

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/07/15 06:26 PM

Me too. I think Donny is getting bashful. wink

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 08:35 AM

More likely that he hasn't got the vocal processor and harmonizer set up to his standard. I heard some pretty awful harmony on You Tube where A.J. was demonstrating with "Jamaican Farewell". I know Donny would not be happy with that sound.

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 08:46 AM

The vocal harmonizer actually sounds very good. It lacks deep editing features. Hoping they will address this in an update.
Any harmonizer will sound bad if you overdrive the signal. AJ was in a hurry to get demo out and screwed it up! smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 12:03 PM

Quote:
More likely that he hasn't got the vocal processor and harmonizer set up to his standard. I heard some pretty awful harmony on You Tube where A.J. was demonstrating with "Jamaican Farewell". I know Donny would not be happy with that sound.
God Bless,
Don

As promised here are two short on the fly Vocal Harmony Demos I recorded on the Ketron SD7. The VH is more then adequate with good tracking.

Enjoy...

headphone

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 12:36 PM

Hi Donny,

Thanks for the effort. I hate to say this but it will probably be confirmed by others, the vocaliser part sucks, and sucks big time. Don't know why but the TC Helicon on my old PA800 beats it with a mile. At least judging by this recording.
Funny thing is that I have just been listening to the style demos of the SD7 and then in exactly the same setting with amplifier, speakers etc. to your recording and even the SD7 as a whole does not get anywhere near the demo recordings. It is leaning towards "nasal" with possible too much high in the EQ setting, at least there is not the warmth and fullness that I hear in the style demos. Could it be you recorded it with too high treble settings or....... ??
Looking forward to more stuff, I know you CAN sing, and I know you CAN play so this time " it is not the musician, it is the instrument/ recording Stupid......"

regards,
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 12:42 PM

John all I did was press record and play and sing in the KB nothing fancy. Many times the demos you hear online of keyboards, etc, online have been processed in a studio to sound amazing. We all hear things differently & I respect that.
Personally I never like the KORG arranger KB sound at all my self, I guess that's why I sold them all go figure.
Posted by: mirza

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 12:43 PM

Can you make custom scales on sd7??

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 02:04 PM

Donny, the harmonizer, at least to me, sounds like it is overdriven and there is some obvious clipping. Try lowering the input level a bit and see if that makes a difference.

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 02:08 PM

Gary rec level might be a bit in the red zone.... Will try lowering gain pod also... Thanx

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 02:41 PM

I must agree, harmony is distorting somewhat. Maybe too much high e.q.? Or signal too hot.
I'll try to post something I did live after while, but I'm in the middle of something and may not get to it.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/08/15 03:02 PM

I must agree, harmony is distorting somewhat. Maybe too much high e.q.? Or signal too hot.
I'll try to post something I did live after while, but I'm in the middle of something and may not get to it.

My bad,.... I just realized that my Mic gain Pod in the rear of the KB was way to high causing the distortion when recording putting it in the red zone at least I gave it a quick try.,...I'm Still experimenting with all levels and learning the SD7's ins & outs. When I have time I will try again. Thanx everyone for the listen. I feel the Ketron VH is much better tracking then any Yamaha KB VH I ever played, and lies somewhere in the Middle between the TC Helicon units...
Mistakes create Success.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/09/15 04:34 AM

Still, the harmonies sound pretty bad in my opinion. You can hear the artifacts in them too much.
Now what is it I don't know. I never owned Ketron.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/09/15 04:46 AM

also I only used the stock trio standard VH.....
there are so many to choose from that could be better we'll see,...more VH experimenting is required to improve the VH settings & levels.
It's a work in progress. I know one thing, it sound so much better then any Yamaha VH1 or VH2 I used in many ways.
VH isn't a priority for my needs I use it sparingly, more so when recording vs live play.
TC Helicon is still KING when it comes to VH imo.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/09/15 01:36 PM

Great sound from the keyboard but I have to agree with John the harmony is pitiful. It sounds just like VH2, garbled, phasey and robotic. Your voice deserves much better. Did you use VH2 in your 950 or do you have a dedicated Helicon?

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/09/15 01:48 PM

Don I didnt use the voc processor at all on S950....I used an external Mixer with FX for Vocals so much better.
VH Became too gimmicky so I weaned myself off it for 2 years.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 07:18 PM

Here's a quick VH demo I made on my PA900, and why I STILL use my PA900.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 07:25 PM

A perfect match of talent and tools.
clap clap clap

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 07:41 PM

Dave,
That sounds really good. Great song selection too.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 07:55 PM

Dave uses Helicon which totally blows away Yamaha's VH2 and Ketron's SD7.
The best Harmonizers are T.C.Helicon and Digitech. Great job Dave. I thought I had got the PA 900 out of my system and then you come along with your post. Thanks for sharing!

God Bless,
Don

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

TC HELICON?

Which model and how do you run it through your board?

I've got a PSR S750 I was thinking about using a Helicon with it but I wouldn't know how to set it up

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 08:57 PM

That's the built in unit that Korg gave me. I do have a VoiceLive 3 for more intricate detail, or when I do a solo guitar thing, but for 90% of my work, the PA900 does everything I need. The harmonies are more programable that most, too.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 08:59 PM

Dave,
That sounds really good. Great song selection too.

Deane

Thanks Deane, my cousin died suddenly last week, and I sang that at his memorial Mass. I made the recording for our family to keep, as it was onr of his favorite songs.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: guitpic1

TC HELICON?

Which model and how do you run it through your board?

I've got a PSR S750 I was thinking about using a Helicon with it but I wouldn't know how to set it up

You can use any of the TC units and plug the stereo outs right into your Yamaha aux inputs. It's a great alternative to the VH2 that the s950 offers. One midi cable, 2 audio cables and you're up and running!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 09:02 PM

And what does that have to do with Ketron SD7 review thread? smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 09:04 PM

clap clap headphone clap clap

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/11/15 09:21 PM

SD7 Disco

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/12/15 02:56 AM

Tx Dave

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/12/15 05:43 PM

Just a comparison for educational purposes. No harm intended

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/12/15 06:42 PM

smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 06:37 AM

My SD7 gig stage setup pics... keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 06:51 AM

That looks pretty neat. Lots of dancers.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 07:47 AM

That looks pretty neat. Lots of dancers.

Deane

Deane great job....Hawaiian Luau Dinner & Dance...

Posted by: montunoman

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 07:57 AM

Nice pics Donny. Please tell me about your speakers and monitors., Do you normally keep them on the floor without speaker stands?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Nice pics Donny. Please tell me about your speakers and monitors., Do you normally keep them on the floor without speaker stands?

Paul the four HK Nano 600 satellites are up on stands..
HK subs and 2 JBL wedge monitors on the floor awesome sound ...
hard to see but I'm 4 feet up on stage cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 02:59 PM

I forgot to mention that your recording sounds amazing. I did enjoy the Korg PA900 a lot and the VH is outstanding.
I am getting into the SD7 more each day and have the VH sounding very good. Awaiting updates that should take the programming a little deeper.
Be warned that to make the Korg, or any vocal harmonizer sound that good, you have to have a voice as great as Dave's, and that is a very rare thing!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 03:51 PM

VH only enhances a great voice.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/13/15 06:01 PM

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 04:55 AM

cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 07:30 AM

Donny, your screen icon changed to a PA-900 icon - whazup?

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 07:52 AM

Donny, your screen icon changed to a PA-900 icon - whazup?
Gary cool

I tried & I tried my best to love the Ketron SD7 & make it mine., as it is one Really Amazing New Arranger KB with killer sounds & styles, Etc,. But, after 3 weeks & endless hours in between a busy schedule & setting it up for "MY Needs" in the end I decided it wasn't the right fit for me right now.
I appreciate All the help everyone has given me these past few weeks & will continue to help anyone who asks about the Ketron SD7 if I can.
This has nothing to do with the SD7 itself but more of "MY" quirky personal navagational needs using it on stage when performing.
I already miss it but Life Goes On!

I have now moved on to a KORG PA900 & so far it's working out very nicley. Being I previously owned many KORG Arranger Kb's i3, i30, Pa80, Pa60, Pa500, Pa800, Pa3x, I feel very comfortable with the OS & by loading all my former resources into the PA900 it was a quick & easy transition to be ready to perform with it. I know I'll have a few questions as I go along if needed when the time comes I'll reach out to my KORGIES.
And so another chapter in my musical career starts.
Now lets make Music everyone!! keys

Thank You
cool2

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 08:40 AM

Really sorry to hear this Donny. So far mine is working out fine for my needs.
Deane
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 08:42 AM

W0-O-O..Life goes on...even though the thrill of Ketron is gone.
(Paraphrasing John Mellencamp)
Eddie

Sorry it didn't work out, Donny. frown

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 08:46 AM

WOW ... A longevity record with the S-950 followed by a record turn-around with the SD7 ?!? ...

Play what you like, Like what you play ...

keys
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 08:54 AM

Donny, Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but I'm surprised you're not getting an S970! Have fun with the PA900, nice board.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 09:15 AM

The S970 is for August !!! laugh2 ...
keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 09:36 AM

What was the problem? ?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 09:37 AM

Thanx everyone,....
But let's NOT let this thread go off course and keep it on the Ketron SD7 as intended. We all play differently and my decision was a hard one as stated in my post above. And NO I won't be considering the S970,.....IMO Yamaha dropped the ball in so many ways but that's for another thread. So lets carry on and enjoy what we play ok?

Ciao

keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 12:27 PM

Donny, my man, you never cease to amaze me !! smile
As it happens I have just ordered a Ketron SD7 which should arrive after my hols in the UK, early August.
So you can send me your leftovers....... smile smile
And, needless to say, goodluck with the KORG, you know.... that I know.....Korg is okay !
In time I hope I can offer folks hear some of my efforts on the Ketron SD7 but I won't be rushed. As it is, Don has been covering that area with great enthusiasm and craftsmenship.

regards,
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 12:43 PM

Can't wait to see your contributions John!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 01:50 PM

John,
that is great news! We don't play the same kind of music but I will certainly share my setups with you. What I like most about my SD& how simple and easy it is to make changes to both styles and sounds. I never did much of that before.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: john smies

Donny, my man, you never cease to amaze me !! smile
As it happens I have just ordered a Ketron SD7 which should arrive after my hols in the UK, early August.
So you can send me your leftovers....... smile smile
And, needless to say, goodluck with the KORG, you know.... that I know.....Korg is okay !
In time I hope I can offer folks hear some of my efforts on the Ketron SD7 but I won't be rushed. As it is, Don has been covering that area with great enthusiasm and craftsmenship.

regards,
John

John Congratulation I'm sure you gonna make the SD7 sound amazing with your music and vocals..enjoy,... it's a great unit!! keys
btw check you email.... wink

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/14/15 03:56 PM

Ketron SD7 Workshop with MARCO BACCHETTA

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/15/15 01:25 AM

thanks guys and thank you Donny for your email smile

It remains to be seen though whether I have taken the right decision , only time will tell. But as it was a choice between the Korg PA900 and the SD7 I thought I would opt for a change , also to get a musical challenge. As you know I don't gig and at home I have time galore to experiment with settings and programming as you Korg guys are amply aware of. I had the PA900 at home for a week but though a great machine I found it too little a departure from the much esteemed PA800 that I have now owned for over four years and apart from that I was given an SD7 offer pretty hard to resist. But like I said I won't have it until mid August so I probably won't be doing any significant recording with it until well into the fall.
Anyhow I am obviously looking forward to it and will share my musical exploits with you guys here, no doubt about it !

Regards,
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/15/15 03:07 AM

SD7 Guitar Demos guitar

https://soundcloud.com/ketronuk/ketron-sd7-guitar-demos

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/15/15 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: montunoman

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/17/15 07:13 AM

I am on the edge of buying a Ketron SD 7 but I wish more of you owners would comment on how you like the Ketron and some hints
on operating it. Please give us some input on the sounds and
operating of the SD 7. Thanks in advance. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/17/15 08:58 AM

I have commented quite a bit. It is a great keyboard. Sounds great, OS is easy to use.
It is not in its final state yet. Ketron and AJ are working on updates that will address areas that will only make it better.
I'm using it every night with no real problems, but I'm anxiously awaiting the updates and improvements.
These include additional fingering modes, association of text files, PDFs, and JPGs with Registration.
Most of the factory styles sound great, but a number need tweaking as far as balance between style parts and between styles and lead sounds. Easy to do though.
Scheduled free upgrades include addition of multi-pads, which will be great. I hope most of these will be done by end of the month because Ketron, as much of Italy, shuts down in August!
The SD7 is heavier and longer than my last few keyboards--in fact all of them since I had the Audya. As I get older that may become a problem, but I really don't have to handle it because that is pretty done for me at home and when I get to my regular job.
I have purchased a small folding luggage dolly that I can use when and if I have to carry it very far. The SD7 in itself is not that heavy, but in the Ketron hard case, it gets up there in my "uncomfort" zone.
I do have a rock n roller cart but seldom use it because it is heavy in itself and overkill for my needs most of the time. If I have a situation where I must transport gear quite a ways, and there are no stairs involved, then I can take the RnR cart. I seldom have a situation such as this anymore.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/17/15 09:48 AM

To Tyrosman5,
I am a first time Ketron keyboard owner. Within one week I was able to take the SD7 on it's first gig - I posted the videos here. I have found it very easy to use and the sound is very good. I don't sing and have not used nor experimented with the VH. I have used the media player and it is really cool. I have also changed style parts and edited drum kits to fit my needs - all of which I have never done with other keyboards-mostly because it is really easy to do with the SD7 and very intuitive. I have been a Yamaha player for 10 years and have also owned Korg and Roland keyboards. I like the SD7 and am considering selling my 2 Tyros 4 keyboard and purchasing a 2nd SD7 as a gig backup. Feel free to PM or email me if you have questions about how we use the SD7 or other questions. Like Don said in his post, we are expecting an OS update which will make the SD7 even better. We just hope Italy gets it out before August when they close down for the month.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/20/15 04:18 PM

Today I bought a Ketron SD 7 from Frank@Audioworks. Thougt long and hard before taking the step but I do believe that Ketron
is going to be a leader in the keyboard field. I am happy to join all the rest of the Ketron owners.
Will share info. after receiving the Ketron which will not be in my hands for approx. 3 weeks. Till then my Tyros 5-76 will be
my keyboard. Plan on keeping the Tyros 5-76 as it is a great
board. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/20/15 04:29 PM

Best of luck with your new board ... keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/20/15 05:03 PM

Great news Lloyd. I sure am enjoying mine. I also have a Tyros 4. I tried the T5 but decided to just keep the T4.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 07/22/15 05:21 AM

Thanks for the replies, appreciated. Lloyd
Posted by: angel1000

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/10/15 09:40 PM

Hi guys, I wish to understand the audio track function better, hopefully someone can answer my inquiry. Does the song already have to be in a special surround sound format, does it have to be purchased? or do you just load any wav file and it turns it into a special file with six tracks.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/10/15 10:12 PM

It must be in a special format. There are lots available for purchase, I'm told.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/11/15 05:15 AM

The songs MUST be in "SURROUND FORMAT" which you can buy..
to be used this way to seprate the tracks it is explained in this demo...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/11/15 08:14 AM

I forgot to mention that your recording sounds amazing. I did enjoy the Korg PA900 a lot and the VH is outstanding.
I am getting into the SD7 more each day and have the VH sounding very good. Awaiting updates that should take the programming a little deeper.
Be warned that to make the Korg, or any vocal harmonizer sound that good, you have to have a voice as great as Dave's, and that is a very rare thing!

That's why I love ya, Don!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/12/15 05:35 AM

I have cancelled my order for the Ketron SD 7 because of the slow action of Ketron to update. I feel uneasy about owning
the SD 7 even though I think it has great possibilities. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/12/15 05:40 AM

I have cancelled my order for the Ketron SD 7 because of the
update that has yet to be added. I feel Ketron is too slow
to fix the problems. I do like the keyboard but I decided to
stick to Yamaha. One must feel confident in a product that
costs this kind of money. I wish all Ketron owners the best. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/12/15 08:31 AM

Hi Lloyd,
I'm really sorry to hear this. Ketron in Italy closes for the month of August - that is the reason for the delay. Hope all works out ok for you.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/12/15 09:19 AM

Thanks Deane and I wish you the very best with your SD 7 Lloyd
Posted by: donpatt

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/13/15 05:46 AM

Lloyd, If you change your mind, my SD7 is still available!!
Don P

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/13/15 07:04 AM

Don,
I have ordered a Yamaha PSR s970 from Frank at Audioworks. I feel much more confident in Yamaha. The log delays and promises that are only promises make me feel uncomfortable. Ketron may
be a excellent keyboard and I hope all the Ketron owners will
be happy. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/18/15 04:52 AM

Ketron owners: I have to apologize to all of you for being so quick to find fault with Ketron. I know now that the notice of the update was mentioned too soon. Ketron is taking care of the updates and all is well. Saying this, I want to mention that I
had email contacts with AJ and Frank of Audioworks and I have
reinstated my order with Ketron.

Frank was more than understanding, putting my order back on line and being so nice to me. Frank is one dealer in a million and I am so glad I found him back in 2013 when I bought my Tyros 5-76.
Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/18/15 09:46 AM

Problem really is, Lloyd, that the SD7 was released too soon. Yes, it is excellent and very usable for most people as it is, but as is typical from them, and also from other companies, they are using us as beta testers.
I fully expect it to be everything they say it is supposed to be, but I'm must add that I am more than ready for the updates.
I am disappointed that it was released without the chord fingering mode that I normally use, as that mode was on all previous Ketrons. I am disappointed that the text file cannot yet be associated with Registrations. I am disappointed that there are mistakes in some of the factory styles. These fixes have been promised and I expect they will be coming after Ketron's annual vacation in the month of August.
Meanwhile, I am using Korg PA3X on the job.
I know AJ is working hard on getting Ketron to expedite the updates, but I do feel obligated to report the bad along with the good.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/18/15 10:14 AM

Don,
Thanks for being honest about Ketron. According to AJ the update will be put in all the new SD 7 that have arrived
and come to him. He says it will be posted ASAP from Italy.

I have had similar problems owning Roland, Wersi and Yamaha and my 2015 Ford Escape which I just returned from the dealer
who had to reprogram the Instrument Cluster to make sure it is
reading all the info. Like you say Don, we are the ones who
find all the errors and then have to wait for corrections.
Along with the good comes the bad ! Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/21/15 05:33 AM

My Ketron SD 7 arrives on Monday. I thank Frank for being so helpful to me in making the decision to purchase the keyboard.
I also thank AJ for keeping in contact and making the purchase
a pleasure.

Have copied the owners manual to my computer and am reading it
bit by bit so I can know more about operation it. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/21/15 11:34 AM

I would hope that you, Jim McDuffey will read this. AJ sent me an email, telling me that you just bought a Ketron SD 7 and that
you saw my postings here on Synthzone. So nice to hear that you are a Ketron guy. I also own a Tyros 5-76, a great board.
Hope you drop in to say hello. Enjoy the SD 7 Jim. Regards, Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/24/15 07:56 AM

Hey Ketron Owners.
Received my SD 7 this morning and am finding my way around. I have noted that the sustain pedal is on until I depress it, then it stops sustain. I have reversed the polarity but it does not effect it. Anyone know how to reverse this process? Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/24/15 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Hey Ketron Owners.
Received my SD 7 this morning and am finding my way around. I have noted that the sustain pedal is on until I depress it, then it stops sustain. I have reversed the polarity but it does not effect it. Anyone know how to reverse this process? Lloyd

congrats on your SD7 please keep us posted on your experiences with it... keys

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/24/15 09:33 AM

Lloyd,

Congratulations on your purchase. The sustain pedal from Yamaha won't work on KETRON products as the polarity is reversed. You'll either have to get a Sustain pedal with a polarity switch or a KETRON sustain pedal. All manufacturers use different polarities for their sustain pedals. If you do have a pedal with a polarity switch, turn off the SD7, switch the polarity - then turn the SD7 back on.

The SD7 has polarity switching for volume pedals but not sustain pedals :-(

Thanks,

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/24/15 10:43 AM

Thanks AJ. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/24/15 02:34 PM

I have a pedal with a polarity switch and now my sustain works fine. A must if you play piano. Thanks for the advice AJ Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/25/15 09:38 AM

Day two with the Ketron SD 7. I am finding the SD 7 is a joy to use. The sounds are excellent along with the great styles.
Using the Arranger section, you can instantly make music.
Connected to my Nano 600 speaker system it really impresses.
More as I find my way around the more complex things. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/25/15 10:57 AM

Lloyd,
Have you tried the registrations I sent you?
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/25/15 02:18 PM

Deane
Never received them. Please resend. Thanks, Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/25/15 08:17 PM

Lloyd,
PM me your email and I'll send my registration setups to you.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/26/15 09:05 AM

Have now set up a couple of registrations with song titles and
that is very satisfying. On we go.
I found that the vols. needed adjusting and now sounds quite a bit better. Time is a good teacher. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/27/15 09:08 AM

I have found that AJ is most helpful in helping one to understand the functions of the Ketron SD 7. He offers
what other keyboards do not. I am happy about that.
Thanks AJ. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/28/15 07:38 AM

Finding difficulties setting up my own presets and having
the four variations to my liking. AJ is promising solutions
so I will hang on until I can do all that I want to to make
the SD 7 my machine. I must say Yamaha is better when it comes to making ones own registrations. Must give the Ketron some time. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/28/15 07:57 AM

Finding difficulties setting up my own presets and having
the four variations to my liking. AJ is promising solutions
so I will hang on until I can do all that I want to to make
the SD 7 my machine. I must say Yamaha is better when it comes to making ones own registrations. Must give the Ketron some time. Lloyd

Whats are your concerns maybe we can help?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/28/15 08:31 AM

Lloyd, if I can help give me a call. Or send me your phone number. Not too much I haven't figured out about the registrations. I find them much easier than Yamaha!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/28/15 12:06 PM

May I join the queue ?

Got my SD7 two days ago and have been struggling with the OS so far. One would expect that having owned the X1 for the last two years and my extensive experience with programming for Korg arrangers it would be a piece of cake but I find it pretty awful to tell the truth.Too early to decide which side of the fence I will be coming down, but I have also emailed AJ with the following questions:

I know there is an overall EQ setting via the SDP button.
I also know that the solo voices can be EQ-ed in the Edit mode.
However where can I EQ the acc. voices in arranger section ?
There is a page where you can change most anything on the acc.
tracks ranging from volume to pan, reverb , chorus et. but
NO INDIVIDUAL EQ ??

When the style uses an AUDIO drum track, why can I not change it and replace it by a "normal " (MIDI) drumtrack ?

Why is het that usersounds that I create can not be used to replace sounds in the accompaniment section ??

If any of you can shed light on these queries, be my guest !!

kind regards,
John Smies

P.S. thank you Deane, Donny and Don for the software you sent me

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/28/15 12:25 PM

1. Press and hold Live EFX button. Page will open where you can edit style parts, but I think this is overall, not individual styles. You can also edit Right, Bass, Drums and Player from this screen by selecting which parts you want to change.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 08/30/15 12:27 PM

1. Press and hold Live EFX button. Page will open where you can edit style parts, but I think this is overall, not individual styles. You can also edit Right, Bass, Drums and Player from this screen by selecting which parts you want to change.

thank you Don. It is not the same thing though. As a matter of fact the things you refer to have to do with the Filter and REsonance. Shame really. Also got answer from AJ to these question which runs thus:

John.

1. There is no individual eq for the accomp style tracks on the SD7 with OS 1.0 Only the Audya series has this feature in the entire Ketron line.

2. The Audio track is managed differently than on the Audya which allows you to use both Audio and / or Midi drums. The SD7's editing capabilities are less than the Audya's.

3. User sounds can't be used with accompaniment tracks with OS 1.0.

Thanks.

AJ

All in all not what I was hoping for and I don't think the coming update will do much about this. Still undecided about keeping it or going for the PA900

regards,
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/01/15 01:09 PM

Hey Don,
Nice easy going piece. Got some good stuff in the SD 7.. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/02/15 10:59 AM

Got to say, played another gig with the SD7 yesterday and it was astonishing how the residents react to the SD7. I have always gotten a lot of nice comments but these are physical reactions to the rhythms of the SD7. Really nice to see.

Just about ready to sell one of my Tyros 4s. let me know if you might be interested.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/05/15 02:03 PM

The styles are excellent and having people react to the styles
certainly proves they have what it takes to grab attention. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/06/15 07:33 PM

I have a MIDI file (From Yamaha) that plays fine in my Tyros 5 but does not in my SD 7. Is there something I must do to get it to play in the SD 7? The number is "Time Is Tight" Lloyd
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 12:55 AM

I have a MIDI file (From Yamaha) that plays fine in my Tyros 5 but does not in my SD 7. Is there something I must do to get it to play in the SD 7? The number is "Time Is Tight" Lloyd

Could it be that the Yamaha midifile is not fully GM and use special (organ?) voices within Tyros?
Guess it's possible by use of the SD7 to swap voices by use of internal editor?
If not, you have to look at the file and rework in an external editor as i.e. the PC sofware GNMidi.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 01:21 AM

Some Yamaha songs use megavoice technollogy, you can not simply convert them

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 05:17 AM

Thank you both for replying to my problem. It does have organ voices so this is most likely the problem. Lloyd
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 05:29 AM

Here is a software worth take a look at who might be a solution.
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html

Read carefully before install, also whats written down the page

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 10:18 AM

If the Yamaha midifile has specific voices or/and voicing that resides only in the YAMAHA Keyboard, then this song will not play properly in the Ketron SD7 ... or any other manufacturer's GM or GM2 unit. Re-voicing and choosing equivalent voices in the SD7 is available with the built in GM editor, however the results will not be the same as on the Yamaha Keyboard due to the different voice articulations.

The reverse is also true - taking GM files that were written for Ketron products (that factors in their live grooves/drums) and trying to play them on the Tyros .. drums and bass lines will not sound as good (if any).

Thanks.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/07/15 07:02 PM

Gunner Johnny,
Thanks for suggesting a "fix" for the problem but I am going
to simply forget about playing the file in the SD 7 and use
it in the Tyros 5.

Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/08/15 10:33 AM

I have several rigistrations stored in my SD 7. I would like to
take the registrations and separate them as Latin, Foxtrot etc.
and put them in folders as I have done on my Tyros 5.
I don't know how to go about it and if someone does, please
email me the directions, I would love to be able to do this.
Perhaps AJ will see this. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/08/15 11:23 AM

You can create folders within the Registration folder, name them what you want, or rename the ones that are there.
It's easiest to do by plugging USB cable into the SD7 and using your computer, but it can be done using the Edit function on the SD7.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/08/15 01:11 PM

Thanks Don, appreciated. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/08/15 01:27 PM

This might be the biggest viewed post ever in the history of the SZ !!! party
Posted by: Brian3331

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/08/15 03:09 PM

Should I replace my Audya with an sd7 I tired of waiting on Ketron to bring a new flagship and my audya is getting very tired

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/10/15 09:13 AM

I made a folder called "Latin" and connected my computer to the SD 7. Found folder and then went to my registraions where I
dragged my Latin registrations to the folder. The Latin mumbers showed up inside the folder "Latin" so I thought I had it made.
When I went & opened the latin folder and clicked on the first registration (Girl from Ipanema) the wrong style showed up.

What went wrong? Answers would be greatly appreciated. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/10/15 10:24 AM

Lloyd,

The folder "LATIN" needs to be inside the SD7's REGISTRATION/BANK 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 subfolder. It can't be in the root directory.

When you press REGIS (REGISTRATION button on the SD7), it is tied to the REGISTRATION folder that has 4 sub folders - BANK 1-4 so whatever folders you create need to be in either of these bank subfolders. If you only have 4 categories, you can actually simply save them in these 4 Banks as that was why the banks were created - to help you differentiate which registrations you want in which. However if you have more than 4 categories, then inside Bank 1, you can create the LATIN folder and move all your latin song settings into this folder. Then create another e.g. POP (still inside the BANK 1 subfolder) and move all your Pop related song settings/registrations into that etc.

To access your registrations/setting, simply press REGIS ... touch the BANK (1-4), then touch the folder you created displayed on the main screen ... then touch your registration/setting. We can go over this in person next Friday.

Hope this better explains how to do it. All this can be done on the SD7 itself, but it is a lot faster when you connect to your computer and simply drag and drop etc!

Thanks,

AJ

PS:- Brian, Audya replacement? Hmmmm ... get the SD7 or ... do you have the AjamSonic upgrade kit installed in your Audya? It's like having a nother keyboard all together.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 07:21 AM

Brian,

In my opinion, you would be giving up more than you would get. The Ajamsonic is the flagship and tough to beat. The SD7 is not intended to replace it, even though it has a few nice additions.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 07:26 AM

Stick with the AUDYA for sure...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 02:12 PM

How do you adj. the vol. of the voice in the right hand. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 02:40 PM

The Right One slider is for that.
You may have to reduce the volume on some styles for best balance.
You can also Edit a voice and may be able to turn volumes up on the edited version on that page.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 07:41 PM

Don,
I reset the volumes so that the left sliders were all at half volume. I then adjusted the right sliders and found that I
achieved a much better balance and now had the SD 7 sounding
much better.
I am enjoying the sounds now and have learned a lot thanks
to you and others who have been patient with me.
There is a great realism to the styles and voices and I expect
I will come away from the Orlando Workshop with more info. that will add to the joy of owning the Ketron SD 7.
Thanks for putting up with me. Regrds, Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/11/15 10:14 PM

No trouble at all Lloyd. Glad you are enjoying the SD7. It does sound great!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/12/15 06:58 AM

I have "Brain Freeze" this morning and need help here.
I have made a folder called "Latin" and put it in Reg.2

Now I want to place a latin registration in that folder so
how do I do it? Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/12/15 07:09 AM

Lloyd,
Put the folder you are creating in one of the Registration Banks(1-4) in the registration folder. You can do this on your computer. Open the registration bank, then open one of the banks and create the folder there.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/12/15 07:30 AM

Deane,
I have made a folder and placed it in Bank 2. Now I want to place a registration (song) in that folder. This is what I want to know. Thanks, Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/12/15 10:28 AM

I have solved the above inquiry myself. Another question:
Have saved some songs in a folder and can play them but after I finish playing the song, the song name appears outside the folder. Why is it doing that? Lloyd again

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/15/15 10:00 AM

Guess nobody has had this happen. Lloyd
Just to be clear on the above, After making a folder naming it and putting it in one of the 4 registrations banks, I set up a registration
and name it (song title), place the song in the folder using
my laptop to do so. Now after playing that song from the folder I look back at the folder and the song I just played is now out of the folder and can be seen above the folder. I look in the folder and it is also there. Somehow it places an extra copy as I have explained. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/15/15 10:20 AM

Lloyd,

Let me dive in a little deeper and see what's happening with your example above.

Back soon ...

AJ

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/22/15 11:22 AM

Really quiet here.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/22/15 02:34 PM

Nothing to report.
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/22/15 07:48 PM

Played another SD7 gig today. I can't believe how much I like this keyboard. I spent many years playing with big bands all over the USA and the SD7 reminds me a lot of those days when I am playing. I sure hope Ketron gets the OS issues resolved. So far I have not found them to be a problem in live playing. Today I sat down at my Tyros 4 and played for about 20 minutes and it just isn't the same-there is just something missing when compared to the SD7. Thursday I will take the SD7 out again - maybe my wife will record a few videos again.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/23/15 06:13 AM

Great news Deane,.....glad to hear you & your audiences are really enjoying your SD7.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/23/15 07:25 AM

Yes, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it too. I'm glad you don't need the fingering mode that is missing and the text file association with registrations. I've had my SD7 for more than three months and still waiting for it to be as advertised. I'm REALLY getting tired of waiting.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/23/15 08:00 AM

Don,
A lot of us are getting anxious about the promised update. I feel sorry for AJ because he is caught between trying to provide top quality service and Ketron's slow response to user needs. Right now I am ok using the SD7 as is. My only complaints are about the way we have to audition styles. I am wishing for a real easy way to use the thumb drive for this and delete the ones I won't use easily. I don't like having to load them into one of the USER areas to do this and then going back and deleting the bad ones. Anyway, I have no buyer's remorse. I am very pleased with what the SD7 produces sound wise and so are my audiences.

I've talked to AJ about a Registration converter for the SD7. That would really help. He is not sure if that will happen or not.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/23/15 08:25 AM

Yeah,the update is super slow in arriving. Like Deane and Don, I am pleased with the SD 7 and have noted the realistic styles
that are superior to some of the tyros 5 styles. They are more
"alive". I like the Tyros OS better but that's probably cause
I have used it a lot more than the SD 7. Too bad that AJ has
to put up with the Ketron slow approach to getting things done.
Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/25/15 09:35 AM

Lloyd,
Send me your email - I have something to send to you.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/25/15 11:33 AM

I am pleased with a few things, including the sounds.
I am definitely NOT pleased with the missing features I need and the update that I've waited for for three months.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 09/26/15 02:25 AM

Yes, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it too. I'm glad you don't need the fingering mode that is missing and the text file association with registrations. I've had my SD7 for more than three months and still waiting for it to be as advertised. I'm REALLY getting tired of waiting.

Wayting, thats very much compliant with my Audya 4 experience..

And as good as AJ may be at customer support, as bad are our Italian friends.

There is a reason, that High tech Italian products in general have such a bad reputation overhere in Holland, Ketron is no exception to that.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/15 05:44 AM

Lloyd,
Check your email. I sent you the styles a week ago.
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/15 09:50 AM

AJ has produced a new owners manual that is excellent and written for a average person, not a professional Musician.
This will be downloadable very soon so look for it. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/03/15 06:49 AM

Lloyd,
You got mail!!
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/15/15 11:34 AM

Pretty quiet here. No updates, no interest. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/15/15 12:07 PM

Until that big update is offered you might not see much past the initial excitement when it was released...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/15/15 10:27 PM

Until that big update is offered you might not see much past the initial excitement when it was released...

Not going to reread this whole topic...

But out of interest, what is supposed to be improved with that big update?

In general even the biggest updates dont change an instrument much, but only repair small things...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/15/15 10:45 PM

Promised updates include mostly things that should have been there in the first place. A couple of the things are: associating text files with Registrations, adding two more fingering modes, vocal harmony improvements, maybe more styles.
There are more things, but I tend to remember the ones that affect me!
They supposedly are working on multipads, not sure if they'll make this version though.
AJ has told me that the update is finished and they are testing it to be sure everything is right before releasing it.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 06:00 AM

I will not be surprised to see other good things coming for SD7 owners. Problem with all this is like Don said - most of these will be things that should have been available on the initial release. All this said, I am using my SD7 nearly every day for my gigs and have not had one moment of buyers remorse! The reaction I am getting from my audiences is outstanding - unlike any I have ever gotten using my Yamaha or Korg keyboards. So, for me, even without anything else coming I feel very pleased with what I have in the SD7. I would post more videos of gigs but that would be redundant and probably not interesting to most folks. Anyway, we will see how it all works out.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 06:24 AM

Promised updates include mostly things that should have been there in the first place. A couple of the things are: associating text files with Registrations, adding two more fingering modes, vocal harmony improvements, maybe more styles.
There are more things, but I tend to remember the ones that affect me!

With that big display the text/reg issue should be at the top of the list whats the holdup?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 06:36 AM

I will not be surprised to see other good things coming for SD7 owners. Problem with all this is like Don said - most of these will be things that should have been available on the initial release. All this said, I am using my SD7 nearly every day for my gigs and have not had one moment of buyers remorse! The reaction I am getting from my audiences is outstanding - unlike any I have ever gotten using my Yamaha or Korg keyboards. So, for me, even without anything else coming I feel very pleased with what I have in the SD7. I would post more videos of gigs but that would be redundant and probably not interesting to most folks. Anyway, we will see how it all works out.

Deane

I read some reviews over on german websites, and they where all possitive about the styles and sounds...

But dissapointed with the stabillity...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 06:49 AM

Bachus,
For some reason, according to posts on some forums, even Ketron's Audya series has had stability issues. I have never owned an Audya but here is my experience with the SD7. So far, I have not found stability issues with the on board sounds or styles. I have converted over 6000 styles from Ketron legacy modules and keyboards and have auditioned about half of them so far. Many of these "legacy" styles were converted using software and were from Yamaha, Korg, and Roland keyboards. Using these styles I have found some that will hang up the SD7. However, If I use only the styles from Ketron products such as the Midjay I have not had any stability issues. Perhaps this is the same issue the posters talk about on the other forums. It is much like when someone posts they can't get a certain feature to work on a new keyboard you never know how they were trying to use that feature.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 08:11 AM

My SD7 has been stable. I had an Audya for several years and it never locked up. I'm not one to experiment too much with converted styles, as there are tons of Ketron styles available.
My main issue with SD7, in addition to the text and fingering omissions, is the length and weight. It is manageable, but I'm having problems with the old body. Have to be really careful with my back and knee. I'm finding the Korg easier to deal with when moving, setting up, etc.
I have considered Midjay Pro, but not sure I want to go the module route again either.
The SD7 sure sounds great.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 08:28 AM

Don,
I have the same weight issue with a lot of the keyboards today. You know, in the last 3 years I have had both Cervical and Lumbar spine surgery and I absolutely should not be lifting a lot of weight. That said, I have developed work-a-rounds for times when my wife is not able to go with me to gigs. So far it is working. I have also thought about the Audya module but don't know enough about it to take the plunge. I had a Midjay about 5 years ago but did not care for it. I also have used Dan's vArranger on gigs - but that is another topic for another thread. I was a bit disappointed to see the Audya 61 keyboard weighs in at 37 pounds! After playing my SD7 I was interested in the Audya - but it is just to heavy for me.

I wonder how long it is going to be before Ketron releases the SD7 update???

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 09:06 AM

"Any Day Now. . ." smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 09:14 AM

Specs say Sd7 weighs 33 pounds, and PA3X weighs 32.4 pounds, depending on where you look. I assure you that the Sd7 is "way" heavier than the PA3x. Maybe AJ put rocks in mine. smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 09:28 AM

Don,
I actually weighed mine and it came in at 33.6 pounds. Pretty close. I was curious how it really compared to my Tyros 4.
Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 09:30 AM

Well maybe it's the length that's throwing me off. I think I'll go weigh mine after while.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 10:32 AM

Bachus,
For some reason, according to posts on some forums, even Ketron's Audya series has had stability issues. I have never owned an Audya but here is my experience with the SD7. So far, I have not found stability issues with the on board sounds or styles. I have converted over 6000 styles from Ketron legacy modules and keyboards and have auditioned about half of them so far. Many of these "legacy" styles were converted using software and were from Yamaha, Korg, and Roland keyboards. Using these styles I have found some that will hang up the SD7. However, If I use only the styles from Ketron products such as the Midjay I have not had any stability issues. Perhaps this is the same issue the posters talk about on the other forums. It is much like when someone posts they can't get a certain feature to work on a new keyboard you never know how they were trying to use that feature.

Deane

Not according to some forums but according to official reviews on 2 websites and in a printed magazine, the instrument sd7 has stabillity issues ... Surprisingly one of those also tested the midj pro, and that did not have any issues..

I am still pretty much convinced they are mostly the same, so if you trust your sd7 to go live on stage, it cant be that bad...

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 10:33 AM

And that, boys and girls, is why I love my S-950. When I picked up a friend's T4 it felt like I was lifting the back end of Don Mason's tow vehicle for his boat. It wasn't the weight as much as it was the bulk.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 03:58 PM

Bachus,
Yes, I use it several times a week for live gigs. Actually played a gig with it today. Like I said, as long as I am using either the on-board styles or converted styles from other Ketron products there has not been any problems. I'll try to do another live gig video and post it.

One thing I have noticed though - it is easy to get ahead of the SD7 by pressing buttons to fast. It is not a problem on gigs but if you get in a hurry it could be.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 05:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la4XD38-PCg

More to come ....

Thanks

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/16/15 05:27 PM

clap nice job AJ...more,.... more!!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 01:27 AM

Nice instructional video AJ, my compliments..

Will the user also be able to access the traditional individuall parameters of a voice like ADSR and filter cuttoff?
Posted by: DanO1

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 08:28 AM

Quick question. When I read the term "sound editing" , I think it refers to manipulating/editing an individual sound.

In the video, editing a sound is defined by layering sounds. Did I miss something ?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 08:32 AM

Bachus - Yes they can access these parameters and way more....in the other Voice Edit pages (only demonstrated page 1/6)....

Dan - Layering, changing, creating, manipulating, adjusting ...etc all fall under Voice Editing in the Ketron SD7. In the video above, we demonstrated layering, adding effects and we also demonstrated Style Modelling (which is under Style Edit if you reference the new manual).

We are targeting topics many are requesting further information about first.
Thanks.
Posted by: DanO1

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 09:12 AM

Is style modeling similar to the unplugged feature ?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 09:19 AM

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 09:19 AM

Don,
I actually weighed mine and it came in at 33.6 pounds. Pretty close. I was curious how it really compared to my Tyros 4.
Deane

I just weighed mine and it says 37 pounds, on bathroom scale, so may not be perfect.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 09:33 AM

While I'm thinking about it . . .
The SD7 lets you hold a lead sound, say a Sax, change sounds, say to an organ, and the Sax keeps playing, unchanged until you release the key. You can play the organ sounds with the other fingers or other hand. They can be any sounds, this is just an example. This if very useful.
On all other arrangers that I remember, the change in effects causes an abrupt change in the original sound.
Not sure I'm explaining this right, but I'll try to do a video to illustrate when I get a chance.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 09:57 AM

Good find Donny.
Don,
I find the way the SD7 changes voices really neat too! Very professional.

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 10:03 AM

Here is another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYC66uTwqU8

Deane

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 10:05 AM

I just posted this on a new thread. smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 10:50 AM

Hey Don,
Great minds!!! clap

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 02:32 PM

Dan - Style Modelling allows you to create a professional style without using external software (as we did that for you already) and stil sound professional!!

In the SD7 (borrowed from the AUDYA series), KETRON has taken Chord Bass and Drum sections of most previous styles (and added some new ones too) to created a vast library of BASS lines, Chord lines (strings, Piano, Guitar ... etc) and Drums sections which you can instantly choose and use with any style that shares the same time-signature. Then save this new arrangement as a new USER STYLE.

This allows you to build your style using professional phrases and not worry about note shifts, accuracy, programming (a word that should remain in the computer industry) ... etc

Musicians simply want to play and the SD7 provides them with unique tools to do just that.

Enjoy this new video - https://youtu.be/VX9WrFSVlmY

Thanks

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 02:41 PM

AJ, How do you add fills and breaks to a modeled style?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 02:50 PM

Just arranger parts for now...

Question being debated is if to adapt fill from new part or keep fill from original style (or make it user selectable - which is more work ofcourse) ....

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/17/15 02:51 PM

Either would be better than neither! smile

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 11/13/15 01:48 PM

Ketron finally came thru with update 1.1 Hope this cures the ills that the SD 7 has. It still is a great sounding keyboard. Lloyd

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/18 02:55 PM

Around and around we go I needed something to fix my boredom and I always come back to Ketron.... going over my old Sd7 notes to get Familiarized once again with the Sd7...
Can't wait! keys ......
let the fun begin...
Posted by: montunoman

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/18 05:52 PM

I love my Audya Donny and I think you’ll really your SD7. Please record some music on the sd7. Can’t wait to hear what you do with it!

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/18 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman
I love my Audya Donny and I think you’ll really your SD7. Please record some music on the sd7. Can’t wait to hear what you do with it!

Paul..Thanx
Posted by: sparky589

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/18 08:16 PM

Gonna hold on to the 970 until you see if the sd7 is a keeper?

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 10/01/18 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By sparky589
Gonna hold on to the 970 until you see if the sd7 is a keeper?

I no longer have a S970.... wink

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/16/20 09:36 AM

KETRON SD7:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYC66uTwqU8&t=617s

Sound Selection. Style Selection. How to load new styles and sounds (AjamSonic package & Gold Packages) ....

More to come.

Thanks,
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/17/20 03:50 AM

Didn't see this thread upon it's original creation, but it was an interesting read nonetheless seeing that's is now kinda relevant to me. A lot of good info here.

It was also nice to see the big praise & enthusiasm for this keyboard when it first arrived (I didn't realise it arrived nearly 5 years ago, I always thought it was 2017, or maybe it was available in the UK in 2017).

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/17/20 09:58 AM

This is by far the largest and most interesting thread that I have just RE-read !!!
Probably just a coincidence with me purchasing the SD7 rotfl

And AJ you can put the kettle on as they say in the UK, I am sure Donny is heading your way shortly !!!!

Still, re-reading all this stuff it remains a bit of a mystery to me why folks like Don,Donny,Dave, etc. ultimately decided to shy away from Ketron. Sure I have read their motives in this long thread that even features my own comments, but if weight and size are that important there is always the SD40 or better still the SD90....
And of course the fact that Italy is incredibly slow in updating and fixing bugs is a valid argument. But they seem to be learning these days. I installed 1.3.4 as the latest update for the SD7 released in September 2019.
I still am of the opinion that having two boards of two different brands beats anything else. OF course there are folks who have even three of four which is only useful if you are not gigging, like me for instance. Those who have to go out on a weekly basis are better of with one superb keyboard or one superb module imho.
Once again I would like to AJ,Deane, Don and Donny for their correspondence and assistance with me getting familiar with the Ketron SD7.

regards
John

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/17/20 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By john smies

This is by far the largest and most interesting thread that I have just RE-read !!!
Probably just a coincidence with me purchasing the SD7 rotfl

And AJ you can put the kettle on as they say in the UK, I am sure Donny is heading your way shortly !!!!

Still, re-reading all this stuff it remains a bit of a mystery to me why folks like Don,Donny,Dave, etc. ultimately decided to shy away from Ketron. Sure I have read their motives in this long thread that even features my own comments, but if weight and size are that important there is always the SD40 or better still the SD90....
And of course the fact that Italy is incredibly slow in updating and fixing bugs is a valid argument. But they seem to be learning these days. I installed 1.3.4 as the latest update for the SD7 released in September 2019.
I still am of the opinion that having two boards of two different brands beats anything else. OF course there are folks who have even three of four which is only useful if you are not gigging, like me for instance. Those who have to go out on a weekly basis are better of with one superb keyboard or one superb module imho.
Once again I would like to AJ,Deane, Don and Donny for their correspondence and assistance with me getting familiar with the Ketron SD7.

regards
John

John your very welcome ....now go play your SD7 and post some fantastic songs for us all to enjoy!!!

good luck buddy keys
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/17/20 12:19 PM

I love this keyboard, and I love you guys.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/17/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By DannyUK
I love this keyboard, and I love you guys.

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/25/20 06:59 AM

Recording your own PATTERN & STYLES:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiBo3z8O1HM&feature=youtu.be

Sorry but this is a long one :-)

Thanks,

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 01:27 AM

Recording a famous song ... in 10mins or less ... as a direct result of feedback from NAMM 2020:-

Recording a song on a KETRON product in under 10 minutes

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 05:40 AM

Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 06:20 AM

Another good demo AJ.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 06:41 AM

I sold mine to AJ. I do like it a lot, but there were a few things I wanted that it could not do..

I wanted chords to show with SMF's without embedding. I want MP3's with added lyrics to show. I wanted a sequencer and midi capture feature.

I didn't care for the harmonizer operation. Would have liked more onboard sounds.

I know some of these issues are resolved with the new gear.

What the SD7 does , it does the best....

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I sold mine to AJ. I do like it a lot, but there were a few things I wanted that it could not do..

I wanted chords to show with SMF's without embedding. I want MP3's with added lyrics to show. I wanted a sequencer and midi capture feature.

I didn't care for the harmonizer operation. Would have liked more onboard sounds.

I know some of these issues are resolved with the new gear.

What the SD7 does , it does the best....

Im waitig for the day you sell your G70 for something else... coffee
Posted by: cgiles

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Im waitig for the day you sell your G70 for something else... coffee

I hope you've got a long life expectancy smile. Fran will give up his G70 when they pry it from his cold, dead fingers.....in the year 2050.

smile

chas

Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... - 01/27/20 08:29 AM

That may be true but just maybe older is better.....?
just sayin.. cool2