SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#408957 - 09/28/15 05:18 AM Re: Lets talk arranger processing power [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
There are times when technology changes and becomes more and more affordable, so that more and better is possible. Arrangers are just pieces of technology and eventually they will change, just as they changed compared to let's say 15 years ago.

To me, it would make perfect sense to move it all in the software realm already! Exactly because most of the expenses are software related, why not turn it into computer programs that can be then targeted, modified, adjusted, etc very easily to suit each user really. I wonder, as I did many times before, who and when will take the plunge and come up with a completely software arranger, just like Dan did with his vArranger, which became it seems a very appealing alternative!

Then, one will only have to worry about the computer hardware that will best accommodate its needs.

Prefer that or that keybed? NO problem, you buy what you want. Need that screen or that screen? Larger? Smaller? There it is. Prefer western music? Eastern? Pop? Balkans? You just acquire the preferred packages and you're good to go.

I think was about 2 or 3 years ago when I gave it 10 years until we see it... I wonder... wink

#408991 - 09/28/15 08:03 PM Re: Lets talk arranger processing power [Re: Bachus]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I think the only company that had the best idea on paper were the Lionstracs but the marketing,high price and updates stunk, so, out of business. Now the only company that has potential from what I see currently would be Ketron, everyone else is just rehashing the same thing over and over and making small steps.

#408992 - 09/28/15 09:29 PM Re: Lets talk arranger processing power [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: vangelis
I think the only company that had the best idea on paper were the Lionstracs but the marketing,high price and updates stunk, so, out of business. Now the only company that has potential from what I see currently would be Ketron, everyone else is just rehashing the same thing over and over and making small steps.

The idea and the mechanics of the lionstracs where bright

They failed where it comes to content.... If you build an arranger, first thing it requires is great sounds and awesome styles.. And lots and lots of presets that work out of the box. tHe idea of an arranger is to sit and play and build from there...

Where Ketron currently fails if giving customers the idea of buyingba reliable product, they have no marketing nor support startegy whatso ever here in europe. tOugh AJ seems to be doing a better job in the states..

I think after more then 6 years the audya is up for a replacement, interested to see where they will take it. But probably not going to buy it, i still have a very bad customer support feeling from my audya4 experience...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408995 - 09/29/15 12:07 AM Re: Lets talk arranger processing power [Re: Bachus]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

The idea in Lionstracs was good.

I actually had one for a short time.

I sold it due to lack of content; akward operation system; too many stuck sitations; hard to find relevant software to add...

It was not a finished product; but sure a good idea.

Jørgen

#408999 - 09/29/15 03:50 AM Re: Lets talk arranger processing power [Re: joso]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: joso
Hi

The idea in Lionstracs was good.

I actually had one for a short time.

I sold it due to lack of content; akward operation system; too many stuck sitations; hard to find relevant software to add...

It was not a finished product; but sure a good idea.

Jørgen

If you ask me, the only part good about their idea was an arranger pro workstation expanded with VSTs...

It needs to be build on top of one of the current totl arrangers, as they have the content and the interface...

But an arranger for sure first and foremost needs a perfect sit and play experience..

Sadly the current totl areanger builders are way to conservative to make a system like this... Tough i can see a workstation where you can add VSTs as well as arranger, karma and other realtime acomp modules...

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online